FedEx Ground

bbsam

Staff member
I can't make it any clearer. If they are not looking at payroll amounts then what are they looking for? Furthermore that information is protected by law. It's a matter between you and the revenue authorities with the commission and power to access that information and no one else. In fact under certain circumstances even they have to get a court order. Therefore in your unbending defense of that company it's up to you do to identify what they are looking for and what gives them the legal right to look for it.
They are looking to determine that employees are being paid as employees rather than 1099 subcontractors. That's why the information has to be verified by a CPA.

Bounty

They are looking to determine that employees are being paid as employees rather than 1099 subcontractors. That's why the information has to be verified by a CPA.
You don't get it and probably never will........however, down deep I think you really do get it.

bbsam

Staff member
You don't get it and probably never will........however, down deep I think you really do get it.
Well, I've never been asked how much my drivers make nor have I been told I have to pay them more or less so I'd say I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

bacha29

Given that they bear no liability whatsoever, and the manner and amounts that you pay your help is between you and the labor and revenue authorities why should it then be a matter for them to be involved with in the first place?

dmac1

Again, contractors were making a habit of breaking the law and paying drivers as subcontractors. X said it would not longer do business with entities that did so. When I am audited, X sees the blacked out payroll with CPA certication that employees are paid as such and taxes withheld. What nefarious thing do you think they are up to?

Another lame excuse.

If you wanted to hire subcontractors legally, fedex won't let you. That's not independence. It is easily possible to have legal independent contract drivers. Why does fedex force you to have employees, when they refuse to and they hire you as 'independent contractors??????

dmac1

Well, I've never been asked how much my drivers make nor have I been told I have to pay them more or less so I'd say I have a pretty good idea of what's going on.

You've been forced to hire employees, instead of independent contractors, like fedex does.

dmac1

Why do you need to pay them as employees????????? Why can't you hire subcontractors if that is more profitable for you???? Do they audit the plumber they hire to fix the toilet to make sure he isn't subcontracting out labor??????????

Your answers prove that you are just a dupe for fedex.

bbsam

Staff member
Given that they bear no liability whatsoever, and the manner and amounts that you pay your help is between you and the labor and revenue authorities why should it then be a matter for them to be involved with in the first place?
You are talking in circles.

Let's try and help you.

Court: You're doing business with companies and individuals who are breaking the law.

X: So...we can't contract anymore?

Court: We didn't say that.

X: So we can only contractor with entities that meet certain criteria?

Court: Either that or the entities are actually employees.

X: But we don't have to have employees, correct?
Court: Correct.

bbsam

Staff member
Why do you need to pay them as employees????????? Why can't you hire subcontractors if that is more profitable for you???? Do they audit the plumber they hire to fix the toilet to make sure he isn't subcontracting out labor??????????

Why? Because that's what I agreed to. You, bacha and others found such demands to be too much. Personally, I'd been doing it that way all along so I didn't /don't care. Nothing they've put together in the last 10 years has been much different than what I was doing for the 10 years before that.

bbsam

Staff member

You sound jealous.

bacha29

bbsam: Can you tell me in just who's court this conversation took place and where may I find a transcript of this conversation? Or this this just something you made up?

bbsam

Staff member
bbsam: Can you tell me in just who's court this conversation took place and where may I find a transcript of this conversation? Or this this just something you made up?
no. it's made up. a fictional account to clarify reality.

bacha29

Then why do enter you this stuff into the conversation? How can pure fabrication clarify reality? . And what do you call it? True lies?

bbsam

Staff member
Then why do enter you this stuff into the conversation? How can pure fabrication clarify reality? . And what do you call it? True lies?
fables. parables. you know. stories told to children to help them understand the world around them.;)