Fedex Quality Service

vantexan

I hope you are not counting on using the Portable Pension to live on. According to most of the morons on here, it is NOT a pension and is not good for the employee. If that is the case, it should not be counted on as a source of income.
I managed to get enough on the traditional pension to have a few options.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I remember seeing Seinfeld on Larry King one night sometime after Seinfeld left the air. King made some reference to the show being "cancelled" and JS seemed to genuinely get all bent out of shape that King had used the 'C' word since it in fact was Seinfeld's decision to end it.

JS seemed to realize that he was coming off as an arrogant ass and appeared to try to laugh it off a bit, but it was pretty obvious that he wasn't too pleased with the suspender-clad old buzzard. I've read that he's quite the primadonna jerky boy (not unlike his character on the show), and I don't disbelieve it.

I did enjoy his show til it started getting stale - although he was my least favorite of the 4 main players.

Oh sorry - I see I've dragged this thread even further off topic. Back to battle stations everyone!

Oldfart

I remember seeing Seinfeld on Larry King one night sometime after Seinfeld left the air. King made some reference to the show being "cancelled" and JS seemed to genuinely get all bent out of shape that King had used the 'C' word since it in fact was Seinfeld's decision to end it.

JS seemed to realize that he was coming off as an arrogant ass and appeared to try to laugh it off a bit, but it was pretty obvious that he wasn't too pleased with the suspender-clad old buzzard. I've read that he's quite the primadonna jerky boy (not unlike his character on the show), and I don't disbelieve it.

I did enjoy his show til it started getting stale - although he was my least favorite of the 4 main players.

Oh sorry - I see I've dragged this thread even further off topic. Back to battle stations everyone!
I saw that. He pretty much laughed at Larry and asked where he got his info from. I hear Jerry on Stern from time to time. Seems pretty level headed when he is on with Howard.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You seem to not understand the distinction. One can hate fedex and still enjoy their work. You can dislike a manager, hate working within in the building and still be happy 90% of your day while out on the road. Fedex is an evil corporation that doesn't care about its employees or even its customers at this point, but driving around delivering boxes can still be alright.

This. FedEx has some terrific people and customers. Unfortunately, the same can't be said of management.

bacha29

Man, for someone who "hates lazy people who whine and complain", you sure do spend a lot of time around here...
Mr. Oldfart the self appointed company spin doctor is clearly having difficulty staying on message as well making the rest of us true believers of the company gospel. Hopefully someday he will come to the realization that people can indeed think for themselves and draw their own conclusions based on their own their work experiences at Fedex not his experiences.

This board has a broad scope of working for Fedex. I can see Oldfarts side of things, as I am sure I have been here probably as long. I can also see the other side because there have been so many ' Climb the corporate ladder " managers who seem to only use numbers for their motivation. There has to be a middle ground between the chief and the Indians. Overall I don't think calling someone content in their work environment a Purple bleeder, or a suckup is fair. All of us have had struggles with the footprint of a route, or a difference of opinion in mgmt Philosophy. I would say at some point of everyones voyage with this company there have been ups and downs. Kudos to anyone that is near retirement that still feels they are contributing. And,... to those who feel wronged I feel your pain as well. Been there.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That particular rt was a town of 25,000 52 miles from station. I delivered from about 10 miles north to 30 miles south of town, doing 50-60 dels and 15-20 pups most days. The year before I was a 4X10 cover driver in downtown Seattle. Often did 50+ dels by 1030 there. Mgr would say to rts I covered "if he can do it why can't you?"

And on the 7th day, you rested.

vantexan

And on the 7th day, you rested.
Think what you want to, I ran like a dog for many years with little to show for it, just like many other couriers. Now I get to walk away. The new pay plan isn't enticing enough to keep me here, especially knowing that there's a real possibility the company could reneg on it. Used to be the company needed all the old timers to leave so that everyone else could be strung along forever without knowing how it used to be. Now they need all those strung along midrange couriers to leave so that the newbies aren't aware that they are playing Russian roulette with their lives working for FedEx. I'm happy to oblige.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Think what you want to, I ran like a dog for many years with little to show for it, just like many other couriers. Now I get to walk away. The new pay plan isn't enticing enough to keep me here, especially knowing that there's a real possibility the company could reneg on it. Used to be the company needed all the old timers to leave so that everyone else could be strung along forever without knowing how it used to be. Now they need all those strung along midrange couriers to leave so that the newbies aren't aware that they are playing Russian roulette with their lives working for FedEx. I'm happy to oblige.

I thought you were running away to a Third World country.