Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Geeesh guys. Calm down on my looks. Ya’ll get a little wierd behind your screen. Please remeber I am real person... someones wife, mother, sister, daughter...

Back to the question. We got an answer. My husband filed a grievance yestersay. He met with the union business agent today. And was informed that Local 63 recognizes feeder seniority date as date of completion of feeder training. The union will work with HR to fix this and his name will be placed back on the transfer list.

Each local has a different set of “local” rules even more specific than the supplement/rider contract for the district or region. So check those rules if you are a different local wondering the same question.

Thanks to the few of you who actually responded respectfully and intelligently. I appreciate it.

Fyi my hair color is called blonde balayage. Look it up ya old farts. ✌

Didn't know that Local 63 had a separate Rider. Good to know.

I couldn't find one and went by the Supplement.

Glad to hear he may be back on the list.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We need some help. My husband passed feeder training and started driving feeder full time 10/24/16. This is his building seniority date for bidding runs and vacations. UPS HR is telling him he was not classifed/ coded as Feeder until he made bid in April 2017- therefore his feeder seniority starts when he made bid. Is this right?! We are trying to transfer out of CA but need one year seniority to qualify for the transfer list. He was kicked off the list for this reason. He has already protested his date since time is of the essence. Does anyone know for sure? We have a call into the union.
You guys are trying to leave probably the largest feeder Dept on the west coast, and the chances of you getting a feeder transfer is slim....we have dozens of guys on the transfer list and don’t think any of them have been able to move .... and unless you are going to salt lake you guys aren’t going anywhere...hell, he would have a better chance of quitting and going to salt lake and move up again into pkg then into feeder...seriously..

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys are trying to leave probably the largest feeder Dept on the west coast, and the chances of you getting a feeder transfer is slim....we have dozens of guys on the transfer list and don’t think any of them have been able to move .... and unless you are going to salt lake you guys aren’t going anywhere...hell, he would have a better chance of quitting and going to salt lake and move up again into pkg then into feeder...seriously..

Johney

We had a guy get feeder qualified worked a couple weeks,went back to package,quit,move to Ohio and is now working feeders there. He did have to go in as a rehire(somehow he got a rehire status).