Feeders

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I would say physically its a lot easier, but mentally don't be mistaken im sure it can be more mentally draining than package. No way in heck id want to drive 1 of them rigs in snow and ice. A lot harder and stressful and a lot more truck your responsible for than a package car. I always say it and always will say it, MAD RESPECT FOR FEEDERS ALWAYS.

overallowed

It was and still is a great move for me. But it's not for everybody. I had enough seniority I got a mostly-day run. I got LCV certified had to cover drive for a month before the bid sheet went up.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The only one's that come back have conflicting family problems. Night work can be really hard.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Is it worth going to feeders?
YES FOR GOD SAKE. There is no reason not to go into feeders. It is the highest paid, and easiest position you can get. There is literally no reason not to go into feeders. I hear people say they don't want to work at nights, boo freaking hoo. So many people pass up feeders and all I hear is 100 excuses why they can't do something. It's scary and stressful for maybe a month or two, after that it almost becomes fun. You rarely deal with management, you set your own pace, and just relax and work. My manager always says the most important things in feeders are lunch and naps, so you tell me if it's worth it or not.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Working nights is better than working days. You are home during the day and can spend time with your family.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Our mall driver made the move a year ago----from what I have heard the novelty has worn off.

Take NO advice from the guy who's never done the job. Oh, but he's HEARD that it's not that fun. LMAO

Feeders is GREAT. Respect the equipment, never be in a hurry, and get enough rest, and you'll be FINE. Nightwork isn't ideal, but there are less idiots on the road to deal with.

Greengrenades hit it right on the nose. As far as sleep, you work overnight, come home and sleep and see your family when they get home from school/work and before you leave. I'm seeing my family more now than I would have in delivery, and as a bonus when it's cold as hell I only need to leave the cab half a dozen times a shift (And that's a lot)