Final Post - I Quit

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
im gonna bring my terminal manager coffee and donuts tomorrow and ask if i can get assigned the nicest tractor in the fleet

Simpsons_Donuts-01.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is an attempt to get back on track here - yes, I know, Selfish, ME, ME, ME....

Finished the week. Supposedly had top numbers every day.

Called into office, told I could start Saturday delivery next week ( I passed all written tests on the computer, taking driving test Tuesday)

Asked if I wanted to try other areas, did some time on sort, small sort, introduced to loading but didn't do any.

Union or no Union, Maybe those strategically placed Dunkin Donuts did the trick?

So at which point are you or were you lying, BBAG? Seems to be a trend with you....

Was there even a BBAG? Did he ever truly exist, anyway?

Ntoul

You're not really supposed to survive on a part time paycheck, Mike. It's just the crumbs you get before the gold. Do the math and you'll see that working 3-4 hours at $9hr will get you nowhere in life. You'll need to get another job to supplement your income till you go FT. It's either this or live with your parents and if you're smart, go to school. Either way, it's up to you to take charge of your life and not be like some sort of Tumbleweed blowing around in the desert.

Uh, its not that way for everyone. Been preloading 19 years, make $25/hr. Never made only $9/hr. Started when there was incentive pay and extra Air driver work was available (of course, that all went away). Only recent contracts made part-time suck. I feel bad for current PT's who have to eat "crumbs" and get looked on as lower class employees waiting for the "gold"

satellitedriver

Godspeed to you, Mike.
You are taking control of your life, and that is the secret.
All the crap about UPS and the union are meaningless, if they are not taking you where you wish to go.
My simple words of advice;
Early to bed
Early to rise
Work like Hell,
and advertise.

Best Regards,
Steve

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Uh, its not that way for everyone. Been preloading 19 years, make $25/hr. Never made only $9/hr. Started when there was incentive pay and extra Air driver work was available (of course, that all went away). Only recent contracts made part-time suck. I feel bad for current PT's who have to eat "crumbs" and get looked on as lower class employees waiting for the "gold"
That's what I said. Your base is maybe $9 an hour. You can't rely on extra work or OT. You get what you get and wait to get more. Some people are patient and wait, and some people burn down their houses, lose their licenses and cry when the driving work dries up. I'm just sayin!

Thought it was his final post,guess not.
LOL:surprised:

We have some drivers that do more than that.
:sick:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That's what I said. Your base is maybe $9 an hour. You can't rely on extra work or OT. You get what you get and wait to get more. Some people are patient and wait, and some people burn down their houses, lose their licenses and cry when the driving work dries up. I'm just sayin!

LOL:surprised:

:sick:
If he's been here 19 years he's red circled under an old contract. His base is $25/hour.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
If he's been here 19 years he's red circled under an old contract. His base is $25/hour.
Yeah, but he didn't start out at that rate, did he? BBAG, LivingToDream, or whatever other name he may be known by, has been at UPS less than 2 years. I'm not talking about people that have been here for as many years as you said. This is LivingToDream we're talking about, so stay on track. Besides, each of those long time employee's waited to get where they are now. That's what happens when you wait.

If you plant a tree and then uproot it because it will be better off over there, and continually move it to where "you think" it will do best, it will never grow deep strong roots and become stable enough to grow. If you move from job to job, it's the same thing. Nothing is ever good enough for some people.

Ntoul

<<<If he's been here 19 years he's red circled under an old contract. His base is $25/hour. >>>

Wrong, my rate started at $9 and rest is all from regular contractual raises.

But my point is that it could be made more fair for PTers by starting them at around $12-$13 and drivers top rate a buck or 2 lower. Sure you could probably find suckers to go PT for $2/hr (if it was legal) with the (dim) hope of $30 in the future and you could whip them and cr*p on them and tell them the future will bring riches, but this, to me, is just not right. The situation has just kept getting more and more unfair over the past 20 years.

over9five

Staff member
"You see Grasshopper,
If you plant a tree and then uproot it because it will be better off over there, and continually move it to where "you think" it will do best, it will never grow deep strong roots and become stable enough to grow. If you move from job to job, it's the same thing. Nothing is ever good enough for some people."

Fixed it for you, Master Po

over9five

Staff member
Wow, two threads about people leaving BC.

That brings us down to 22,964 members. Hope Cheryl doesn't start laying off Mods.

UPSSOCKS

I live in between a hub and a center. In my hub it takes atleast six years to ten years to even have a shot at driving package cars. Feeders takes about 15 years. In the center which is the same distance as the Hub but in opposite directions they hire people off the street to drive package. No one is allowed to transfer from the hub to the center. Why?

over9five

Staff member
I live in between a hub and a center. In my hub it takes atleast six years to ten years to even have a shot at driving package cars. Feeders takes about 15 years. In the center which is the same distance as the Hub but in opposite directions they hire people off the street to drive package. No one is allowed to transfer from the hub to the center. Why?

Different local?

22.34life

waiting for a full time job sucks but i did it i waited 3 years for a spot.my wife had a decent job and it was tough but i knew it would pay off in the end.but it is harder now than it was then that was almost 11 years ago when i started part time at the same starting pay now.with only 20 hrs for sure coming you are looking at about 120-150 dollars take home you cant live on that,and im tired of all that student crap too i dont know about where everyone else works but here not too many students most look like they just got out of county lockup last night.i really dont understand the whole part time system ups wonders why they cant get quailty workers these people dont care about 120 bucks a week.seems like to me the company would benifit from making the whole place full time jobs or at least a big part of it.but right now the attitude is treat your part time job like its your full time job break your back for us for 120 bucks a week and maybe in 3 or 4 years if you can survive that long on this pay you will get a driving job.a higher starting pay and full time jobs would attract a different type of person not the thieves thugs and trash we have in here now,but maybe ups likes it that way?