Fired for runaway.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
^^^^ Post 120

Well put, however there will be no "try", there will be discipline in this case.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/fired-for-runaway.356298/page-6#ixzz325iIYmic

What's your over all work record like? That will determine the discipline in most cases.

I think what you meant to say was....

An employees overall work record, will determine how hard the company

will try and discipline a employee. There is a difference.

-Bug-

Isn't that cute ?

A management person trying to respond, to my post....

By adding to it.

And it sounds like a UPS Yoda ??

Too funny.

-Bug-

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
take your direction from management.

deny deny deny deny

lie lie lie lie lie

threaten to sue for faulty equipment.

go out on disibility for 6 months for stress.

BrownTexas

To those that were interested... The notice I received for my runaway accident i got fired for had the incorrect date of the accident on it. States "I was fired for the runaway accident I had on January 10" when the actual date is April 10. I've been told it may be dismissed in the local hearing if I choose to not fight for back pay, which I do not plan to do. Still have my fingers crossed.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
To those that were interested... The notice I received for my runaway accident i got fired for had the incorrect date of the accident on it. States "I was fired for the runaway accident I had on January 10" when the actual date is April 10. I've been told it may be dismissed in the local hearing if I choose to not fight for back pay, which I do not plan to do. Still have my fingers crossed.
I am guessing your ba told you this info. He is basicy telling you he or someone in union has allready been told as long as you don't ask for back pay you will be back.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

2cdea6e.jpg

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

-Bug-

Take your job. It's like money in the bank after you work two weeks.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Well you better start brushing up on your DOK. They will have a target on you for about a month. Then you start pounding them with 9.5's. Just as if you never left. If you treat it like a game. It is fun

By The Book

Had a runaway in a mall parking lot. Driving an 1980 4 speed and force of habit had me leave it in second gear. Parking brake was to tight so I didn't use it since I figured I was on a level enough area. Minimal damage to the car that was bumped. Anyone ever get their job back for a runaway? Got my fingers crossed.
Well, it's been about 2 weeks since your rollaway. Has there been any movement on either side to get your job back?

BrownTexas

Well, it's been about 2 weeks since your rollaway. Has there been any movement on either side to get your job back?
Hearing is coming up in about 2 weeks. I feel good about what has been spoke of so far. But at the end of every conversation we always end it with," Assume you are terminated. That way if we can't get you back you are ready for that outcome."

By The Book

Hearing is coming up in about 2 weeks. I feel good about what has been spoke of so far. But at the end of every conversation we always end it with," Assume you are terminated. That way if we can't get you back you are ready for that outcome."
Almost makes you feel like they know the outcome, or how it will be played out in the hearing. As a steward, I've learned to not make promises to the members.

Almost makes you feel like they know the outcome, or how it will be played out in the hearing. As a steward, I've learned to not make promises to the members.
I have heard about drivers going into a hearing where the panel was ready to give the driver his job back. Then the driver opens his mouth and spouts off about one thing or another. Gone for good.

By The Book

I have heard about drivers going into a hearing where the panel was ready to give the driver his job back. Then the driver opens his mouth and spouts off about one thing or another. Gone for good.
Before I was a steward I had short fuse. Now I realize it seems to get you off track. It's personal because you are the one going thru it., and they are real good at pressing your buttons. I agree with PT and Up on this one.

Island

A guy in my operation let his truck roll down a hill into a house and got his job back a couple days later. Opinions about that go either way, as you may assume. He claimed it wasn't his fault. In his defense our auto maintenance is essentially not even a thing. You can pretrip, post trip, during trip, 4th dimensionally observe the trip as it happens while you're also on the trip, and none of that matters. Nothing in my facility works and most of it stays broken.