Fired for social media?

quad decade guy

Interesting...to say the least....

Then, UPS controls every aspect of your life....off the clock? This is essentially what is being dictated.

So, you can be held accountable/fired for something said off the clock that happened at work?

Your speech can be controlled 24/7 by UPS?

BTW, based on the sheer volume of abuse dealt to me on this forum(BC).....lot's of folks in BIG trouble.....

See how absurd that sounds?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Then, UPS controls every aspect of your life....off the clock? This is essentially what is being dictated.

So, you can be held accountable/fired for something said off the clock that happened at work?

BTW, based on the sheer volume of abuse dealt to me on this forum(BC).....lot's of folks in BIG trouble.....

As a matter of fact, we used to have a member here whose job was threatened for posts he made on this site. Obviously you don’t know everything.

Back From Break
Back during the “vote no campaign” leading up to the last contract a driver was fired for trashing specific managers (on Facebook) from various buildings that were attempting to fire him. They were after him in retaliation for being so active against that contract passing.

His case ended up in front of a judge and that judge ruled that being targeted by UPS in that manner was a violation. But then immediately ruled that UPS didn’t have to reinstate him due to his personal attacks against those individuals in Facebook posts.

Knuckle dragger?

ManInBrown

Dont post on the clock if you’re a package driver. I don’t have any social media but I was always amazed at some of the package drivers I worked with. All day on Facebook groups with other drivers posting loads, dispatch etc etc. someone ratted on them and gave mgmt access to the page. I don’t if it’s called access or however it works. But supervisors saw the posts and some drivers got a few months off. You have to really be dense to do that. Pictures and everything.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Dont post on the clock if you’re a package driver. I don’t have any social media but I was always amazed at some of the package drivers I worked with. All day on Facebook groups with other drivers posting loads, dispatch etc etc. someone ratted on them and gave mgmt access to the page. I don’t if it’s called access or however it works. But supervisors saw the posts and some drivers got a few months off. You have to really be dense to do that. Pictures and everything.

I’d be looking for somebody’s a ss to beat
Nothing worse than a rat

rod

Retired 22 years
Stug was a hell of a nice guy. Quite an athlete--ran marathons and rode bikes hundreds of miles. Then things fell apart on him. If I remember right he got divorced, For awhile he posted every day on route and wasn't afraid to show his truck number and picture of himself. UPS came down HARD on him - he got married again and disappeared. He probably had to sign a NO SOCIAL MEDIA - NO BROWN CAFE clause to keep his job. Just a guess. @stevetheupsguy---are you still out there?

Overpaid Union Thug

Stug was a hell of a nice guy. Quite an athlete--ran marathons and rode bikes hundreds of miles. Then things fell apart on him. If I remember right he got divorced, For awhile he posted every day on route and wasn't afraid to show his truck number and picture of himself. UPS came down HARD on him - he got married again and disappeared. He probably had to sign a NO SOCIAL MEDIA - NO BROWN CAFE clause to keep his job. Just a guess. @stevetheupsguy---are you still out there?
He’s on Facebook and can be found using his BC handle. And I think he might still come on here once in a while. And possibly under several handles. He had them back then.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
years ago I had to delete my account here and start a new one to disguise myself because a couple managers were monitoring this site and harassing me on a daily basis for what I was posting here.

it's not only here. social media is monitored by many U.S. govt branches. NSA etc. I once made a comment on a local Facebook group in my hometown about all the illegal aliens working under the table in my area.

less than 30 minutes later I received a call from the FBI telling me there were "NO" illegal aliens in my town and if i wanted to discuss it personally "they" would be glad to send a couple agents over to my house.

declined. ( even though there are many illegal aliens in my town ) even the kids in town know this. for what reason they (FBI)wanted to keep up this charade is beyond me.

quad decade guy

years ago I had to delete my account here and start a new one to disguise myself because a couple managers were monitoring this site and harassing me on a daily basis for what I was posting here.

it's not only here. social media is monitored by many U.S. govt branches. NSA etc. I once made a comment on a local Facebook group in my hometown about all the illegal aliens working under the table in my area.

less than 30 minutes later I received a call from the FBI telling me there were "NO" illegal aliens in my town and if i wanted to discuss it personally "they" would be glad to send a couple agents over to my house.

declined. ( even though there are many illegal aliens in my town ) even the kids in town know this. for what reason they (FBI)wanted to keep up this charade is beyond me.
Interesting....considering what's going on now...curious: what party was in power then? Thanks.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.

Don’t you have doctors or medical exams to be * right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

MisplacedRailWorker

Interesting....considering what's going on now...curious: what party was in power then? Thanks.
I’m pretty sure the FBI isn’t a political party... Probably some low seniority agent about to be disciplined for productivity, picks a random IP address and does an in-person follow up to justify his job

or maybe it’s because he lied on his DOT paperwork

serious statement, he could never be a pilot!

MisplacedRailWorker

I’m pretty sure the FBI isn’t a political party... Probably some low seniority agent about to be disciplined for productivity, picks a random IP address and does an in-person follow up to justify his job

or maybe it’s because he lied on his DOT paperwork

serious statement, he could never be a pilot!
@quad decade guy Another serious statement: he probably takes happy pills