Fired today for something we all have done

Bottom rung

We have a on car sup that sits in front of his computer everyday watching drivers, waiting for someone he dislikes to make a mistake.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Man you are taking this way too personal. Sounds like you have a lot of talent for the job. You messed up trying to save the company money and was wrong. Get back out there and hit a home run.

Marlin3030hntr

Well I take anything I do seriously, when I was loading I had the highest piece per hour on the belt and the heaviest spot, I always give 110% everyday whether I'm hurting or not, bad thing is I have shown talent for the job but I don't enjoy driving 99% of the time even with the money being great

heybobby!

No it's a fact, Friday the route I was on was 40 stops over dispatched just because I was on it, the route I've been doing lately is always planned at 9.5-10.5 and I usually have it done in 7ish, for example it usually goes out with 180-190 stops everyday, my 8hr request day Thursday it was at 140, that's how much they screw it usually cause they know I can do it, I can't slow down and I will get it done because I want to go home

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownTexas

Touché, like I said it was a bad judgment call and I'm paying for it, it's just funny how if you do things like this for a sup or see them do things like this it's not a problem the one time you do it on your own you are sol
This is the reason you don't do things like this for sups. If you know it is wrong don't do it. You are not obligated to be dishonest if told to do so. "Working as directed" is only valid when it doesn't supersede the contract.

10 point

If you sheet a NDA as NI or CLO at 1029 and then sheet it as delivered at 1049 it will end up on a report, whether you sheet it as dup stop or not.
So? If you were at the delivery address you can honestly explain it. Sometimes, waiting three minutes at the resi doorway is a long time and the rest of the world doesn't have our "sense of urgency". In non DR areas people wait to see if we're just going to drop it and go so they can say they never received the package.

So? If you were at the delivery address you can honestly explain it. Sometimes, waiting three minutes at the resi doorway is a long time and the rest of the world doesn't have our "sense of urgency". In non DR areas people wait to see if we're just going to drop it and go so they can say they never received the package.
Yea what upstate says is true. There is a report like this. Ups generates these reports so don't expect them to make sense. Ups makes no sense.

By The Book

Sou
No it's a fact, Friday the route I was on was 40 stops over dispatched just because I was on it, the route I've been doing lately is always planned at 9.5-10.5 and I usually have it done in 7ish, for example it usually goes out with 180-190 stops everyday, my 8hr request day Thursday it was at 140, that's how much they screw it usually cause they know I can do it, I can't slow down and I will get it done because I want to go home
nds
Most days I don't care about making the ot I don't like the job enough to want to be out late but I totally understand your point
This is where it's always an issue the normal driver and myself both can do the route in the time I do it in, I don't run I take my lunch after my last stop and before my first pickup, I don't show off to anyone I'm a TCD so I don't even get the incentive pay, I just want to get done and go home, my stewards have known me for some years and they understand where I'm coming from and the situation, one of my stewards in particular warned my center manager about the way they abuse me and he said they will end up losing me by something like this or me just going back to pt and saying screw driving, the latter is more likely as I just passed up a ft spot because of the way they treat me
sounds like you try to keep up with another drivers performance. If your a seniority employee,and a 1 year TCD, you say your not getting paid for the bonus time? If you are not able to accept that overtime is a daily thing as a driver, please reconsider driving for free. A one year guy got his chance and passed up a permanent position! Yet you will run routes into the ground. I would not want you on my route period.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Today I came in and didn't see myself on a route so I asked our center manager where I was he asks me what happened on these 3 next day stops on Monday of last week 19th, I said I was at stop x and scanned and sheeted stop y as cl1 because I believe they aren't there until 11 I believe, and attempted later on when running the business loop and they were open. He wrote it up asked me to get a steward and said that our dm wanted him to take my walk me off. Talked with my steward and already filed about it but has anyone had this happen, or something like it? Lately I've been in the top on production and doing them "favors" all the time and this is how they thank you when you make a mistake?
First couple of years driving especially the first year, their really going to watch you. This is because your still in that rookie phase and they know your going to something such as this. Its part of the game they play with the new guys the first couple years. You should be ok and have it reduced to a suspension most likely. Learn from this mistake and cross your T's and dot your I's for now on with how you sheet things up. If you know your going to have a late air because of a situation that arises, send a message in on Diad or call in to center to cover your :censored2:. This way your covered if any questions arise.

10 point

This is where it's always an issue the normal driver and myself both can do the route in the time I do it in, I don't run I take my lunch after my last stop and before my first pickup, I don't show off to anyone I'm a TCD so I don't even get the incentive pay, I just want to get done and go home, my stewards have known me for some years and they understand where I'm coming from and the situation, one of my stewards in particular warned my center manager about the way they abuse me and he said they will end up losing me by something like this or me just going back to pt and saying screw driving, the latter is more likely as I just passed up a ft spot because of the way they treat me
Abuse you? You're a willing participant. Did you find out how special we are?

Marlin3030hntr

Sou

nds

sounds like you try to keep up with another drivers performance. If your a seniority employee,and a 1 year TCD, you say your not getting paid for the bonus time? If you are not able to accept that overtime is a daily thing as a driver, please reconsider driving for free. A one year guy got his chance and passed up a permanent position! Yet you will run routes into the ground. I would not want you on my route period.
I passed it up for medical reasons right now and all these other things are adding to the list, most guys don't care if I run their route because they know I will knock it out and most are 15yr+ seniority drivers so they could care less they won't get the "well he beat it by 2hrs yesterday" speech as the sups all know I don't slow down and just get done to go home it's my own fault I just can't slow down I just get in a groove and go go go until I'm done at 330-4 and take my lunch, do my pickups and go home if they let me

Marlin3030hntr

Abuse you? You're a willing participant. Did you find out how special we are?
I guess abuse isn't the best term it's what it feels like, over utilization is a more fitting term, they will dispatch routes 20, 30, sometimes 40 stops over just cause I'm on it and will do it, like I've said before it's my fault but I can't for the life of me figure out how to slow it down. I've got 2 speeds 0 or 100 nothing in between

10 point

Yea what upstate says is true. There is a report like this. Ups generates these reports so don't expect them to make sense. Ups makes no sense.
They track every premium service pkg that's scanned off area. One person, years ago, in our center found that out the hard way. If you can honestly explain the situation (like the center manager gave him opportunity to do) and GPS backs you up you won't lose your job. Reports won't fire you if they don't prove you dishonest.

Packmule

Not saying it wasn't wrong of me just don't understand the haste of the disciplinary action
Pulling for you. I can also see why driving crazy excess miles to a known closed location ought to be rewarded, not punished. But welcome to Brown. Somebody probably got promoted for their hard ass, by the book approach to you. I'm guessing if the closure was a certainty, your grievance will eventually pull you through. After all, we got idiots around here that get away with no call no show!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Youll learn to move a bit slower once you get some mileage on that back, knees, hips. Youll find out then all that running your nuttz off wasn't worth it. Im not dogging you for hustling to get home, cause to each his own, but remember this job is a marathon and last time I checked your not going to win the dam thing in 1 day. Just advice that's all.

PT Car Washer

I passed it up for medical reasons right now and all these other things are adding to the list, most guys don't care if I run their route because they know I will knock it out and most are 15yr+ seniority drivers so they could care less they won't get the "well he beat it by 2hrs yesterday" speech as the sups all know I don't slow down and just get done to go home it's my own fault I just can't slow down I just get in a groove and go go go until I'm done at 330-4 and take my lunch, do my pickups and go home if they let me
Have met a lot of new drivers like you. Just get the job done and go home. Great. Making big bucks. Then UPS does a time study on your route and you are over standards. Then you get a bunch of apartments added to you.