Forced 1hr lunch

Back first

Take your lunch between the 4-5th hour. That's it if you will have missed business oh well, not your problem. Never and I mean never take lunch at the end of the day.you are only hurting yourself.

UT Vols

You haven't explained why you can't, you've only made excuses for why you don't. Just follow the contract, and your centers directive on lunches..... I get the feeling the rules don't apply to you, new member.

I respect your opinion but i just prefer the way that makes my day smoother.

If they absolutely book it till their PU's I'm sure they could. Sometimes the pickups are so heavy that they send another guy to help. Sometimes they don't. Not taking that chance.
If you and your other newbie buddies would all take lunch when you're supposed to, then UPS would probably be forced to put another route in place, therefore reducing your work load. This is the point everyone is trying to get through your thick skull.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You should take an hour everyday. Never ever ever skip it and put an hour in your board without taking. Sometimes they tell us here everyone can take a 10 min lunch today, in which case I still take an hour but only record 10 min.
An hour during peak? Not happening. If I start at 8:00 AM and work 13 hours and 59 minutes, an hour lunch means I don't punch out until 11:00 PM. I have no interest in knocking on doors and delivering packages at 10:30 at night, plus if I punch out at 11:00 PM I cant clock on again until 9:00 AM the following day....which puts me out on the route an hour later.....which means I could be out until midnight if I take a full hour.

We have the option of taking half an hour here, and during peak I don't take a lunch at all. I enter "lunch--12:00-12:00" in the DIAD so that I am being honest and being paid for all hours worked. It is what it is.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

An hour during peak? Not happening. If I start at 8:00 AM and work 13 hours and 59 minutes, an hour lunch means I don't punch out until 11:00 PM. I have no interest in knocking on doors and delivering packages at 10:30 at night, plus if I punch out at 11:00 PM I cant clock on again until 9:00 AM the following day....which puts me out on the route an hour later.....which means I could be out until midnight if I take a full hour.

We have the option of taking half an hour here, and during peak I don't take a lunch at all. I enter "lunch--12:00-12:00" in the DIAD so that I am being honest and being paid for all hours worked. It is what it is.

Rather than putting in 12:00-12:00 why not just leave it blank?

box_beeyotch

During peak no, but during the rest of the year absolutely unless instructed to put 10 min in for lunch.

An hour during peak? Not happening. If I start at 8:00 AM and work 13 hours and 59 minutes, an hour lunch means I don't punch out until 11:00 PM.

The 14-hour rule applies to when you punch in at the beginning of the day, and when you punch out at night. Your hour lunch is still included in those 14 hours, so you would still have to punch out before 10pm. Skipping your lunch just gives UPS an extra hour of work to give ya.

wayfair

swollen member
The 14-hour rule applies to when you punch in at the beginning of the day, and when you punch out at night. Your hour lunch is still included in those 14 hours, so you would still have to punch out before 10pm. Skipping your lunch just gives UPS an extra hour of work to give ya.

so the 10am starts make you stay out until midnight.... sorry folks you can get your delivery tomorrow

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I can't believe how many people don't understand why taking your required lunch is important..........then when they get more work.....they start calling the people that take there lunch slugs because the guys that don't take lunch get there work