Forced 6th day punch

Ptrunner

There are so many people that believe they don’t have to work 6 days a week now due to O’Brien and website posting it’s a thing we got. They should not be touting it when it’s only for drivers how disingenuous.

charm299

I believe I’ve read the whole thing and can’t find where they talk about forced 6th for inside workers full/part time. There’s some driver language but not inside workers.

Would that maybe be in the supplements. I see on tdu contract summary they advertise the bulletpoint with driver no forced 6th day.

I was already most likely no but now it’s really likely no if we are still forced in on saturdays during peak. I know preload during Covid were forced 6th day for almost 9 months straight.
What article is the 6th forced punch covered in?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS 'should' be able to conceivably manipulate the volume that there is the right amount for Saturday and Monday drivers, but that's obviously giving them too much credit.
Yes, they could stop the sort and roll trailers, but doesn’t that defeat the purpose of offering the service option?

Manifesto

They advance the Monday work and have drivers not at top pay deliver it. Then at my building a bunch of senior drivers don't want to deal with the Monday disaster and take every Monday off. So then once again drivers not at top pay are called in. UPS saves tons of money this way.

twotwofour

Yes- that's my point. If they don't have enough drivers, in the end someone will get forced and the union will allow it. Oh well.
The language is pretty clear. Every driver is a 5 day schedule and cannot be forced on an off day.
The addressing of driver shortage applies to making drivers Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat.
They wont change you to Tues-Sat in the middle of the week, only to switch you back again to force you in the next Monday.

What'dyabringmetoday???

The language is pretty clear. Every driver is a 5 day schedule and cannot be forced on an off day.
The addressing of driver shortage applies to making drivers Mon-Fri or Tues-Sat.
They wont change you to Tues-Sat in the middle of the week, only to switch you back again to force you in the next Monday.
It's never "clear". As I said- read down a little farther.

Doubleparkedrunner

What article is the 6th forced punch covered in?
I don't believe there is an article that covers the forced 6th punch.

it is my belief the company just acts tough and pretends that you can be discplined for not coming in on your scheduled off day ;

Sadly , the union usually plays along with this farce.

BobJ

Inside warehouse works 6 days a week.

All these drivers still concerned that they have to occasionally work on Saturday when Part timers have been doing it for more than a year now.

The contract will apply to top seniority while the rest will be forced.