Forced 6th day punch

2019 AND AFTER RPCDS are SCREWED
Feel bad for the guy who misses the last Monday route 😂
🧔‍♂️✊
What about the understaffed Saturdays when seniority packsge drivers are now forced to Tu-Sa because the union negotiating committee gave the the sec (v) loophole.

PUT YOUR HUSQI DOWN AND I'LL SEE YOU ON SATURDAY BITCH!!!

some1else

Banned
I think it’s amazing that after all these
True, although I’ve never seen one person actually fired for it,
Harassed yes, fired no.
same here our supplement says the work week shall be 5 8hr or 4x 10hr days. The local said it’s their company they run it blah blah but the more than a few people called in every single Saturday and nothing happened. We had people since COVID forced 6 days still about 25 are forced

BobJ

Please don’t compare working part-time six punch with RPCD six punch.
This entire thread is about inside warehouse workers being forced to work six days, but the conversation immediately moved to DRIVERS where there is actual contract language, adding to multiple threads already talking about RPCD rights...

No one cares that there is nothing in the contract to prevent UPS from forcing 6 days on PTers permanently

Pullman Brown

This entire thread is about inside warehouse workers being forced to work six days, but the conversation immediately moved to DRIVERS where there is actual contract language, adding to multiple threads already talking about RPCD rights...

No one cares that there is nothing in the contract to prevent UPS from forcing 6 days on PTers permanently

Triage

Ptrunner

Whoa whoa whoa.. my building has had RPCD drivers working six punch for five years. The staffing and call outs were so bad at one time that 30 year veterans drivers were on the list. Please don’t compare working part-time six punch with RPCD six punch.

Yeah it was a top 5 issue nationally and at my local it was the number one issue.

We’re part time not full time. We can’t make a living if we’re paid crap and can’t get a second job bc ups is treating me like a full timer and not paying me. Also your body is fried unloading/loading for 4-5 hours 6 days a week and having a second job.

Have some empathy for people. If we stick together we can make ups treat us better.

More full time jobs
9.5 language
2-3 progression
More fans/ac trucks/buildings
No forced 6th punch

Umm...you're clearly not following my posts. For example, post #64 of this very thread...just two posts above yours.

Pullman Brown

Yeah it was a top 5 issue nationally and at my local it was the number one issue.

We’re part time not full time. We can’t make a living if we’re paid crap and can’t get a second job bc ups is treating me like a full timer and not paying me. Also your body is fried unloading/loading for 4-5 hours 6 days a week and having a second job.

Have some empathy for people. If we stick together we can make ups treat us better.

More full time jobs
9.5 language
2-3 progression
More fans/ac trucks/buildings
No forced 6th punch

Is your goal to be full-time at UPS?

BobJ

C'mon man, a PTer just holding on, knowing he's next for a FT driving job is gonna buck that system? Be real.

It should be a blanket article. Zero forced 6th punches, for anyone, ever.

We joke about this one guy who immediately gets disqualified from FT jobs because of "unreliability".

He's signs up for every combo/driver bid but we all know to ignore his name, even though he is on top of the PT seniority list.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
What about the understaffed Saturdays when seniority packsge drivers are now forced to Tu-Sa because the union negotiating committee gave the the sec (v) loophole.

PUT YOUR HUSQI DOWN AND I'LL SEE YOU ON SATURDAY BITCH!!!
Eh not me , I’m protected from tues-sat schedule due to my seniority. You on the other hand will be going back to tues-sat 😂😂

Thebrownblob

If I’m forced to work 48 hours in a week, I still worked a 6th punch. 48 hrs is 6 days of work.
No. That’s a five day punch with overtime, if in the course of the week, you violate the 9.5 you can file if you are a package car driver. Or if your a feeder driver you would most likely throw a fit because you didn’t get 60 hours.😂

R1wonder

Who knows man, it's different everywhere. I was forced in 8 straight Saturdays in 2016 and five in 2017. It's interpretation first, and representation thereafter, local by local.
Guys in my building with about 10 years are forced every week. All year . 8 months of this crap for them. Some times i volunteer and it’s enough to get them a day off and they get me redbulls to say thanks 😆