Found a dying Teamster after work today (7/29/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Read the original post. The OP was walking to his car and found the kid. He has no idea if anyone saw and/or walked right past that kid prior to the OP finding him.
Then a supervisor wandered slowly over and saidsomething along the lines of, "Oh, he's been out there for a while, he got sent home sick. His parents weresupposed to pick him up."

upschuck

You'd think the parents would be wondering where he was at and waiting a guard shack or something, if it had been a while.

oldngray

nowhere special
When someone dies of an OD with nothing else going on it seldom makes the news. They will just call it "natural causes" mostly out of respect for the dead and to avoid hurting his/her family.

blkmamba

Read the original post. The OP was walking to his car and found the kid. He has no idea if anyone saw and/or walked right past that kid prior to the OP finding him.
A person died and the part you focused on is if anyone saw him prior to the OP, nice. Says a lot about you as a person. Somebody died, that's sad, are you really going to nitpick his story?

J

jibbs

A person died and the part you focused on is if anyone saw him prior to the OP, nice. Says a lot about you as a person. Somebody died, that's sad, are you really going to nitpick his story?

If true, it's an outrage. Drug-related or not. An unresponsive body lying on a well-traveled path should not go unnoticed for as long as alleged. The fact that it happened at the workplace and likely because of the workload and climate is what's troubling about this more so than any other factor involved, in my opinion.

Still haven't read any articles about it or anything, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Then a supervisor wandered slowly over and saidsomething along the lines of, "Oh, he's been out there for a while, he got sent home sick. His parents weresupposed to pick him up."
So? They sent him home because he's sick. I would think someone lacking human decency would make him work.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes, it's sad that someone died. But I still don't believe management is responsible for what happens to their employees in the parking lot while they are inside running a sort.

jaker

trolling
Yes, it's sad that someone died. But I still don't believe management is responsible for what happens to their employees in the parking lot while they are inside running a sort.
So let's get this right ups is not responsible for cars getting broken into, cars being flooded and people being hurt or worse in the parking lot

It might be time for them to update the signs

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
People die everyday...it's a sad thing but that doesn't mean we have to sit here and try to lay blame when neither of us was there so we don't know the whole story.
Incidentally, you don't even work here.

blkmamba

People die everyday...it's a sad thing but that doesn't mean we have to sit here and try to lay blame when neither of us was there so we don't know the whole story.
Incidentally, you don't even work here.
Yet, you question every part of the story. I wasn't laying blame on anybody, you were the one questioning the story. Yes, I don't work at UPS and apparently that invalidates my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yet, you question every part of the story. I wasn't laying blame on anybody, you were the one questioning the story. Yes, I don't work at UPS and apparently that invalidates my opinion.
It probably increases the value of your opinion.

PT Car Washer

When you teach PE and really only work 3-4 hours a day but get paid and have to be there for 8, you tend to have a lot of free time on your hands. This is how I typically find myself on BC.
Sounds like a FT car wash or porter job at UPS. Do you make $33.20/hr ?

Status
Not open for further replies.