From exhausting helpers the 1st couple days to worrying about their hours the next...

• Thread starter selfcancelsignal
  • Start date
S

selfcancelsignal

I keep my helper until I get done, I don't look at the suggested amount of time on their paper time card I get.
I don't either, but not much I can do when our center was sending messages & calling me telling me I needed to get my helper off the clock. Micro management at its finest.

S

selfcancelsignal

haven't followed the whole helper for 3 hrs bs. when i get my helper i ask what time they want to go home, then we get the party started.
What I do too, but was micro managed about it this week, so...

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't either, but not much I can do when our center was sending messages & calling me telling me I needed to get my helper off the clock. Micro management at its finest.

Or say you can keep the helper for 2.99 hours to make the numbers better than if you worked him 3.00.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Maybe you, but I keep my helper. Mine had over 50 hours this week. He punched out at 9:15pm yesterday.
LOL

You're helper worked more than me !!!!
Don't you drop him off with a full handcart like they teach and pick him up later ?!?! (LOL, we both know the answer to that )

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I think you misunderstood me. They were working helpers M-W as many hours as they wanted/needed to git 'r done at our center. Then all of a sudden Thursday, they started micro managing the use of helpers ridiculously!
You don't understand. Someone in Atlanta saw some numbers on their monitor that they thought might,maybe make Wall Street a little bit nervous and told their supervisor. Now UPS must kiss Wall Street's ass,so the only thing that is important are the numbers that look good.

9.5 everyday

Why are helpers being exhausted? Are you running them into the ground? Use proper methods and procedures, they shouldn't have to run. When you deliver a stop, they can walk to the next house at the same time, or a nearby stop.

I agree, these people come here for less pay than Mcdonalds, deal with the cold, etc....and waste their day for 3 to 4 hrs pay.

We used to keep them all day, helped with business, pickups, houses, and at the end of the day, the end of the week, end of the peak...we weren't beat to the ground. We were able to develop a rhythm and even stay out late helping other drivers.

Now we can only pick them up later in the day since we're only allowed so many hours, resulting in the driver fighting a bricked truck for the first 4 hours of the day getting way behind.

We used to try to make heads or tales of the truck, sort a small section, while the helper ran a stop so we could focus on the load.

Not now..... we're told we can have the helper for 3 hrs and they expect you to finish since. ...

"You only had 80 more stops and a helper for 3 hrs"

Yeah, with a nice load and only 80 more stops that would work, but you gave me a huge mess that I had to deal with by myself with no helper that you are ignoring since I can't use a helper until after lunch based on hours avail.

They are so freaking deliberately ignorant most of the time it's beyond words.
Not sure what your route is like, but my helper delivered 1,500 stops this week with somewhere around 2,500 pieces. That's enough to exhaust even the most seasoned driver. My helper doesn't run, follows the methods, rules of my car and is in pretty good shape. It even exhausted me a bit just watching him do it.

S

selfcancelsignal

You don't understand. Someone in Atlanta saw some numbers on their monitor that they thought might,maybe make Wall Street a little bit nervous and told their supervisor. Now UPS must kiss Wall Street's ass,so the only thing that is important are the numbers that look good.
Oh, I understand.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sure what your route is like, but my helper delivered 1,500 stops this week with somewhere around 2,500 pieces. That's enough to exhaust even the most seasoned driver. My helper doesn't run, follows the methods, rules of my car and is in pretty good shape. It even exhausted me a bit just watching him do it.

Those numbers work out to an average of 300 stops and 500 packages. I'm not calling you a liar but I seriously doubt that these numbers are accurate.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I actually don't' know how a lot of the drivers deal with it. Few times last week I had trucks that were full of packages from front to back and top to bottom. This is before eregs that still had to go in. At this point I don't even know what I am suppose to do to keep the packages in the right places. The supervisors just laugh and stay get it in.