Full time cover driver not getting paid on time or getting hours?

Pissedoffupswife

I am the wife of a UPS driver. My husband worked in the warehouse for almost 2 years until he was offered a drive position. He had 2 options.

1. TCD, not guaranteed 40 hours,$27.00 an hour
2. Full time cover driver, guarenteed 40 hours, starts at $18.75 and on a 4 year raise rate. He will teach top pay in 4 years.

We of course decided option 2 would be best for our family so he would have the guarenteed 40 hours.

Packet went great, he kicked ass, had extremely good feedback. Worked full time for the first 2 months. After that, seasonal for peak has come on for training so he's only been getting max 25 hours. They also have had his checks off for the last 6 weeks which he filed on. The days they can't work him, he ask if he can work in the warehouse, they tell him they can't make room? He's spoke with his steward about getting backpay for everyday they haven't used him and she tells him that's not a good idea, he will have a bullseye on him to get rid of him? How is this legal? What can we do? I need some inside scoop y'all!

Pissedoffupswife

The livelihood of our premature twins counted on this move. He left a salary position bc he was told he would get the 40 guarenteed. He doesn't want to rock the boat with UPS, that's why I'm pissed..

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If he shows up to work on time everyday he is guaranteed 8 hours of work. Whether it's delivering packages or making the supervisors peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If they tell him to go home and he leaves then he's out of luck. He needs to demand it.

Pissedoffupswife

How come your so pissedoff?
As a full time cover driver, he's guaranteed 40 in the new contract though?

Your husband can't type?
If he shows up to work on time everyday he is guaranteed 8 hours of work. Whether it's delivering packages or making the supervisors peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. If they tell him to go home and he leaves then he's out of luck. He needs to demand it.
that's what I keep telling him because we have read it in the contract that he's guaranteed 8.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What can we do? I need some inside scoop y'all!

Sounds like you need to let him have your big girl panties since your balls are apparently bigger than his.

He doesn't want to rock the boat with UPS, that's why I'm :censored2:..

So you figured friend* it, I'll rock the boat for my husband? Why don't you call the center manager and be pisssed with them. Demand action!

As a full time cover driver, he's guarenteed 40 in the new contract though?

Doesn't seem to be the case now does it? Maybe your info is wrong. That's why spouses who DON'T work for UPS should stay out of their partner's business and let the spouse who actually works here handle stuff.

Pissedoffupswife

Sounds like you need to let him have your big girl panties since your balls are apparently bigger than his.
I've already stated that.

So you figured friend* it, I'll rock the boat for my husband? Why don't you call the center manager and be pisssed with them. Demand action!

Rock the boat? How? I'm asking for insight , that is all.. if I were him I would have already demanded it, but like the prick below states, it's not my place to call

Doesn't seem to be the case now does it? Maybe your info is wrong. That's why spouses who DON'T work for UPS should stay out of their partner's business and let the spouse who actually works here handle stuff.
You don't have premature twins that are barely surviving in NICU right now, and we don't know how we are going to pay the bill. I'm just asking for advice..

Pissedoffupswife

Yes he was hired as a full time so his seniority kicked in right away, we have pension and retirement going, he's been driving for 7 months, so yes his seniority is lower but that's we he took the full time position over the TCD bc he was told in the union contract a full timer gets 40 hours guarenteed.

Pissedoffupswife

Has he made seniority as a driver???

You will get very different answers depending on your answer.
Yes he was hired as a full time so his seniority kicked in right away, we have pension and retirement going, he's been driving for 7 months, so yes his seniority is lower but that's we he took the full time position over the TCD bc he was told in the union contract a full timer gets 40 hours guarenteed.

I am praying for your twins now.
Thank you!