general question for new driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SpecialDelivery4u, Jul 16, 2014.

1. SpecialDelivery4u

SpecialDelivery4u New Member

I start driver orientation on Monday. Was just wondering if it is paid, and what the starting rate is for a new driver, they didn't tell me any of the above.

2. bl04a

bl04a Member

Everything you do at UPS is paid, including orientation. I'm not sure what the orientation pay rate is but you are definitely paid for it. Good luck!

Sent using BrownCafe App
  3. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Yes it is paid. From reading other posts I would say around $25 an hour.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Yeah right. LOL. The orientation pay is your current pay rate as a part timer. New drivers start at $18.xx.

OP, are you hired off the street or have you been a part timer?
  5. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

This is post I was referring 2 ..........down here in ft. lauderdale, florida im getting $28/hr for driving school as cover driver. we are getting 8 hours monday-thursday and friday they say will be a half day. By tommorow i will have already made more than i make in an entire month as a preloader. If I were to go through driving school for an entire month the amount of sweat i accumulate that whole month wouldn't add up to a single day in preload. im enjoying the paid vacation.
  6. Brown Pride

Brown Pride New Member

Just went to school and they paid me $9.xx hr and starting wage is $18.xx and $24.xx if your seasonal. I start full time next week.

-Do you even deliver bro-
  7. Kush

Kush Member

Same here and haleigh building :censored2:s on ours

Sent using BrownCafe App
  8. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Have you ever heard about feeder school? 2 week training school, One week is unpaid and the other is paid. So your statement is incorrect.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  9. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Does anyone ask a question at orientation or their interview anymore????
  10. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

No, it's easier to ask a bunch of Internet strangers that may or may not know the right answer but will comment anyway.
  11. bl04a

bl04a Member

The OP was talking about driver orient ion. Everything you do as a driver is paid!! And yes I have heard about feeder school. You can go to feeder school and still not have a feeder position. If you are going to driver orientation you have a position unless you get disqualified but you are still paid for every second that you are there.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  12. BigBeef42

BigBeef42 Active Member

Did driver training about 3 months ago....

It was at 24 or $25 an hour for a utility driver wage.

A very nice check, however my mileage check, gasoline for traveling out of city, still hasnt came.

Sent using USPS