Get your patches!

STFXG

What a dumb idea. Anyone know if these will be iron patches or will I have to hire a seamstress?

For you Express guys all of our trucks will have the company name for who operates the truck (STFXG, inc.) and put patches with the same info on all uniforms and jackets.

Meh.

Purplepackage

What a dumb idea. Anyone know if these will be iron patches or will I have to hire a seamstress?

For you Express guys all of our trucks will have the company name for who operates the truck (STFXG, inc.) and put patches with the same info on all uniforms and jackets.

Meh.

So they wanted you to use the fedex name, but now they want people to know you're a seperate entity delivering fedex frieght? I don't get it

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Meh.
Well......have fun!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Meh.

Very obvious, and kind of desperate. This is all about separating FDX from the contractors, as in "FedEx Ground, dba as Boris and Yankov". Putting the information on uniforms serves the same purpose. In other words, FedEx is worried that Ground drivers will be legally considered employees, which, of course, they are.

Actions like this mean they are quite concerned about the status of Ground, and also probably means that they are preparing to fight it with steps like this one.

It's stupid, but smart at the same time. I think Fred knows his Golden Goose is in peril. Sammy will be on here shortly to tell us otherwise.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I've already told them I won't be participating. Removing myself from "uniform brand promotion". Will be designing our own uniforms shortly.

bbsam

Staff member

Meh.
It's still their DOT # no matter what the name says.

bbsam

Staff member
Very obvious, and kind of desperate. This is all about separating FDX from the contractors, as in "FedEx Ground, dba as Boris and Yankov". Putting the information on uniforms serves the same purpose. In other words, FedEx is worried that Ground drivers will be legally considered employees, which, of course, they are.

Actions like this mean they are quite concerned about the status of Ground, and also probably means that they are preparing to fight it with steps like this one.

It's stupid, but smart at the same time. I think Fred knows his Golden Goose is in peril. Sammy will be on here shortly to tell us otherwise.
I think you're wrong. The model is in no danger. They do, however want to protect from drivers claiming "dual employment".

fedex_rtd

I've already told them I won't be participating. Removing myself from "uniform brand promotion". Will be designing our own uniforms shortly.
Great!!! now your drivers will look like thugs in ghetto outfits, and not jail escapes in a Express wannabe outfit.

bbsam

Staff member
You can't FORCE someone to put their name on something in order to make them APPEAR MORE INDEPENDENT. That's shortsighted.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
hmm, they did away with branding their vehicles by stating, "Operated by BBSaM Corp"

& now they want these dumb rectangular patches???

i carry 3 shirts on my package car on a given day & probably change it out 1 time during the spring/summer months (because i don't want to be a stinky pig)

my sub-contractor will have to give me about a dozen then...

so, how much of a bonus pay to have these patches on the uniforms?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Fine, but you are denying the true purpose of this move, which isn't about brand promotion at all.