Glad I'm out of this Part2

bacha29

What I am getting at is this. It all comes down to contract language. Can you identify for me the specific contract language that assures if not quarantees the riches you speak of ? Sales that do not require X approval ? A market that is not constrained by that right of approval ?Yes there risk but it should be market based risk. Not the situation you have with X. If X were to do something that was detrimental to the contractors interest the contractor has no realistic chance of attaining relief through litigation against X because the contract is structured that way. After requiring the individual to place investment capital most of the time borrowed at risk then structures a contract that it allows it to do whatever it damn well pleases while at the same time effectively barring the contractor from due process it has in fact created an additional risk for the contractor.

bacha29

Still ignoring the cold hard fact that all control rests with X and some day they will send you a not so pleasant reminder that they not you are the omnipotent power. Yet for some inexplicable reason you still think of yourselves as 'entrepenours" and "independent contractors". Yet I'm supposed to be the crazy one.P.S.Hey instiches instead of the snide remarks', try answering my questions. For a smart guy like you, it shouldn't be hard.

bbsam

Staff member
Still ignoring the cold hard fact that all control rests with X and some day they will send you a not so pleasant reminder that they not you are the omnipotent power. Yet for some inexplicable reason you still think of yourselves as 'entrepenours" and "independent contractors". Yet I'm supposed to be the crazy one.P.S.Hey instiches instead of the snide remarks', try answering my questions. For a smart guy like you, it shouldn't be hard.
The fact is that X makes ALL of this information available to prospective buyers and their legal representation. No reason for anyone to be unpleasantly surprised. And yet those in the investment community don't necessarily see all these things as bad. In fact, if I were buying, I might like knowing the other contractors are being held to a high standard as well.

instiches

I couldn't really care less if you refuse to call me an entrepreneur or independent contractor.

1. You have no idea who I am and what I have achieved in my life
2. I can guarantee it's better than any job you have ever had or will.

You were a SR contractor who couldn't figure out how to make more money and take yourself out of a driving job. Don't expect me to be at your pity party.

It will be fine

No one is ignoring anything, well maybe you are. We all know who our biggest customer is and where the power lies. What you don't seem to understand is these businesses can be a very profitable investment.
Side note, how much did you sell your contract for, Bacha?

bacha29

Becoming a mulitmillionare hauling boxes for Fedex? And I'm supposed to be the crazy one? You've got a better chance walking down the road picking up cans. Oh, I suppose that it could be achieved but it first requires a very long series of events favorable to the contractor. Unfortunately however, the power to shape and effect those events rests in the hands of a group of people to whom you surrendered that power the very moment you signed their unilateraly drafted and implemented contract .
And every day you see that when you walk onto a property owned by X, load freight owned by X and deliver it under the operating authority owned by X. Do I want you to succeed? As I said before I do. But doing so will be much easier for if you never lose sight of what you gave up nor lose sight of the fact that the people to whom you handed over that power have their own agenda and it does not include taking any steps to ensure your success. You have live by the "Purple Promise", but they are under no obligation to do so.

Bounty

No one is ignoring anything, well maybe you are. We all know who our biggest customer is and where the power lies. What you don't seem to understand is these businesses can be a very profitable investment.
Side note, how much did you sell your contract for, Bacha?
I think it can be a profitable investment. The problem is if you hold on too long and x changes the rules you could lose it all. Like we all know they change the rules all the time, they can't even make it through the term of the contract that they wrote and is not negotiable.

bacha29

Hey "instiches". Make all the snide remarks you want. They are meaningless because you simply cannot answer the questions I put in front of you and the others. It's all in the contract language or the absence thereof. Bounty is right. You can't stay in this too long. Given the changing legal climate and the growing instability of the global economy if someone offers you something close to what you want for it take it and get out . Use the money to start something you have control over. Look at it this way. When I buy a stock atleast I get to vote my shares. You can't even do that with X. But same as it is with stock you have money invested with X but you have no say about anything that matters. As I said before I wish to well but remain as vigilant as possible.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey "instiches". Make all the snide remarks you want. They are meaningless because you simply cannot answer the questions I put in front of you and the others. It's all in the contract language or the absence thereof. Bounty is right. You can't stay in this too long. Given the changing legal climate and the growing instability of the global economy if someone offers you something close to what you want for it take it and get out . Use the money to start something you have control over. Look at it this way. When I buy a stock atleast I get to vote my shares. You can't even do that with X. But same as it is with stock you have money invested with X but you have no say about anything that matters. As I said before I wish to well but remain as vigilant as possible.
bacha, go talk to an independent electrical contractor and find out just how much of this coveted "control" he actually has. What constraints does the general put on him? The state? When all is said and done, you're looking for something that just doesn't exist.

dvalleyjim

2nd that.

instiches

Just to point out how weak your argument is, I could conceivably buy FedEx stock and "vote my shares"

Now do you see the illusion of "control" you have in that investment?

dmac1

The only important question is 'what happens to your investment and business and dreams of selling when fedex suddenly voids all contracts, as the contract allows them to do?'
Anyone dumb enough to spend over a million dollars on a business that can instantly be put out of business even if you operate it profitably deserves to lose.

instiches

The only important question is 'what happens to your investment and business and dreams of selling when fedex suddenly voids all contracts, as the contract allows them to do?'
Anyone dumb enough to spend over a million dollars on a business that can instantly be put out of business even if you operate it profitably deserves to lose.

So which decision will be followed by FedEx voiding all contracts?

They want to deliver packages with their own employees at a far larger cost than the contractor model?

or

They want to sell Ground, the division that is singlehandedly keeping the company profitable?

overflowed

So which decision will be followed by FedEx voiding all contracts?

They want to deliver packages with their own employees at a far larger cost than the contractor model?

or

They want to sell Ground, the division that is singlehandedly keeping the company profitable?
going a little far out there man?