Good morning guys. I have a quick question!

P

pickup

when we get done with the Musilims, can we talk about the Jews next, then the Catholics? And then maybe those who don't believe that baptism is critical for salvation?:happy-very:

when we get done with the Musilims, can we talk about the Jews next, then the Catholics? And then maybe those who don't believe that baptism is critical for salvation?:happy-very:
I'll pass on those, but if you decide to talk about the church of Christ...give me a ring. K?

tieguy

Banned
Anyone can believe anything they want...that isn't my point. My point is that overtly religious people wear it on their sleeve and attempt to "witness" to others through such actions. Can you imagine what would happen if I signed my posts with a passage from the Koran and then had Allah bless you? What if I were a Pagan or some other form of outlier religion and did the same? My interest lies in why Christians (or any other religion) insist on doing this.

As a worshipper of Bovineology I have found this site to be very receptive of my religeous signature line.

trickpony1

I could be wrong but I don't think the Jews, Catholics and the Church of Christ folks profess:

1) killing the infidels;
2) the use of IEDs;
3) chest packs of explosives for suicide bombers;
4) subjugation of women.

when I was in grade school, possibly before you were born, I remember studying the "Christian Crusades" as I remember back, these "crusades" were in response to aggressive and oppressive actions by the Muslims, so, apparently, this isn't the first time the Muslims have decided to overwhelm, overcome or any other word you want to use.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I could be wrong but I don't think the Jews, Catholics and the Church of Christ folks profess:

1) killing the infidels;
2) the use of IEDs;
4) subjugation of women.

when I was in grade school, possibly before you were born, I remember studying the "Christian Crusades" as I remember back, these "crusades" were in response to aggressive and oppressive actions by the Muslims, so, apparently, this isn't the first time the Muslims have decided to overwhelm, overcome or any other word you want to use.

Very true. My point is that any person should be free to believe whatever they want....even Islam, or Bovineology (good one). You don't see Buddhists, Hindus, or even Muslims doorbelling in neighborhoods trying to convert you to their way of thinking....at least, I have not.

I'm sure that Mohammed, Jesus, and Buddha would all be appalled at how people have twisted their principles and used them for their own power or gain. As screwed-up as the Islamic countries are, I doubt that the Koran or any other Holy book, promote using IED's, using children and the mentally disabled as human bombs etc. Look at all of the violence throughout history committed in the name of God.

I remain open to any religion that can adequately answer my questions and I respect everyone's right to believe whatever they want. Just don't try to convert me or my kids. We don't need anyone doing our thinking for us.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

1) killing the infidels;
2) the use of IEDs;
4) subjugation of women.

Either your memory is poor or your teacher was. You might want to go back and read about the crusades again. Bottom line, the reasons were quite a bit more complex (and self serving) than just battling the muslim oppressors in, ya know, their own lands...

Very true. My point is that any person should be free to believe whatever they want....even Islam, or Bovineology (good one). You don't see Buddhists, Hindus, or even Muslims doorbelling in neighborhoods trying to convert you to their way of thinking....at least, I have not.

I'm sure that Mohammed, Jesus, and Buddha would all be appalled at how people have twisted their principles and used them for their own power or gain. As screwed-up as the Islamic countries are, I doubt that the Koran or any other Holy book, promote using IED's, using children and the mentally disabled as human bombs etc. Look at all of the violence throughout history committed in the name of God.

I remain open to any religion that can adequately answer my questions and I respect everyone's right to believe whatever they want. Just don't try to convert me or my kids. We don't need anyone doing our thinking for us.
I'm a big fan of The Church of Reality :happy-very:

P

pickup

1) killing the infidels;
2) the use of IEDs;
4) subjugation of women.

Some would argue that the Jews are parasites, killers of christ and hence killers of god and the religion is by definition inherently racist(although one can join if one wants to ) and yes, there were killing of infidels, Jesus for one and Stephen by Saul(before he became Paul) in the name of the leadership of the Hebrews. Those are just two examples

Catholic Church- may I bring up the Inquisitions where killing of the infidel and heretics happened quite a bit

subjugation of the woman, doesn't Paul in one of his many letters in the Bible state that the woman is subject to the husband and not the other way around

I googled "church of christ" apparently there are a lot of churches that think they are the true churches of christ and the others aren't . So I'll just let that one be

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stop googling and start Yahooing !!

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]The churches of Christ
We are undenominational and have no central headquarters or president. The head of the church is none other than Jesus Christ himself (Ephesians 1:22-23).

Each congregation of the churches of Christ is autonomous, and it is the Word of God that unites us into One Faith (Ephesians 4:3-6). We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and his holy Apostles, and not the teachings of man. We are Christians only!
[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]The churches of Christ are not affiliated in any manner with the denominational church known as "The United Church of Christ".[/FONT]

P

pickup

Stop googling and start Yahooing !!

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]The churches of Christ
We are undenominational and have no central headquarters or president. The head of the church is none other than Jesus Christ himself (Ephesians 1:22-23).

Each congregation of the churches of Christ is autonomous, and it is the Word of God that unites us into One Faith (Ephesians 4:3-6). We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ and his holy Apostles, and not the teachings of man. We are Christians only!
[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]The churches of Christ are not affiliated in any manner with the denominational church known as "The United Church of Christ".[/FONT]

Very vague most churches make this claim

The head of the church is none other than Jesus Christ himself (Ephesians 1:22-23).

Raw

Raw Member
Thank you, thank you very much.
Until you change, you will always be known as a bunch of head-choppin'-off, savage monkey-faced sickening worthless turds, wasting space on this planet, and devaluing the quality of life for every human being on the planet.
:angry:

Raw

Raw Member
Either your memory is poor or your teacher was. You might want to go back and read about the crusades again. Bottom line, the reasons were quite a bit more complex (and self serving) than just battling the muslim oppressors in, ya know, their own lands...

I'm a big fan of The Church of Reality :happy-very:
Islam was born in the harsh deserts of the Middle East, and its prophet, Mohammed, got angry that Jews wouldn't accept him as the final prophet and thus abandon their own teachings. From there the followers of Islam have proliferated by the slash of the sword, and to this day, they know nothing else but might, intimidation, and bloodshed. The peaceful ones are remote from their cultural and regional origins, but at the very base of this religeon is the order to convert and shed blood towards this accomplishment, whatever the cost. This is the holy imperative. There is no accomodation between civilizaton and the militant Koran. They have no shame at slaying babies or beheading adults, because they make no distinction between the grown infidel and the evil-in-the-making. While this seems the height of cowardice in our own culture, they don't take a share in this mind construct.
I have never supported anything resembling a hate-group ideology, but now find myself sickened by the insistent proof that these people are incorrigible and bloody. There will be no peace, except by the knife, and I do hope that our knife is bigger than theirs.

Raw

Raw Member
May Allah bless each and every one of you and may you live in the peace that is Islam. Allah is GREAT!!!

HYPOCRITES 1:23
I'm not an expert but heres what I know about islam:

1. 3000+ dead Americans on 9-11-01
2. countless acts of terrorism world wide
3. Most recently, 156 school children killed (over 300 with adults). CHILDREN. What kind of sick bastard kills children? Who cares if they are Russian, They are still CHILDREN.

So yes, I despise islam, and those who practice it. I want to see the plaque wiped off the map and american soil. Am I talking from the christian point of view? No, I'm talking from the point of view of a human being who knows that the gift of human life is the possession of the person it belongs to, not some brainwashed son-of-a-bitch loaded down with c4.

Raw

Raw Member
Islam means "Submission" not "Peace" as most uneducated or brainwashed people will try to tell you.
What's the difference? you might ask...
The name 'Islam', or 'Submission' was coined when Mohammed and his band of Bloodthirsty followers
would go to a city and lay seige to it, with the ultimatum "Submit to our religion or die" or, words to that effect...
The ones that submitted were known as "muslims".
The word muslim, muslem, or however you wish to spell it translates as "He who submits".
Those who didn't submit were tortured, killed, raped and mutilated, as well as some other heinus ats.

As you can see, Islam was misguided and violent from the start. What makes people think that they are any different today?
No amout of covering up, and polishing over the truth by modern day muslims can hide this truth.

Here endeth the lesseon.

((If you think I'm lying or you don't belive me, you're probably one of those brainwashed people I was taling about.)) Go get a history book and read about the birth of Islam. And no, the Quoran doesn't count as a history book...

satellitedriver

MrFedEx;6311 It's already obvious from the username that they are Christian...why use this forum as a way to preach the gospel? [/QUOTE said:
He did not use this forum to preach.
You are the one that went on a tangent over his user name and preached your beliefs.
Back at you,
Why did you Troll his thread to preach your disbelief?

satellitedriver

While I certainly acknowledge jesus_saves right to believe whatever he or she does, why insist on exporting it? It's already obvious from the username that they are Christian...why use this forum as a way to preach the gospel?
By your logic, you should never post in UPS discussion because your user name is Mr FedEx. You need to preach to your own choir.
Can I get an Amen!!!!