Government run "anything"......

moreluck

golden ticket member
tom-clancy.jpg

guaranteed vacation is a good thing it creates demand for workers.

america could have also solved its unemployment problem since 2008 by cutting the work week to 35 hours. the decent thing would be to make sure low wage workers who do 35 hours a week have a decent standard of living in which both the government and the private sector pick up the tab.

I'm not sure I would want to work only 35 hours a week. A short week for me is 45 hours. 10 hours less a week is about $24,000 less in pay. That is more than my housing. If my work week was cut I may have to rely on government support.

rickyb

I'm not sure I would want to work only 35 hours a week. A short week for me is 45 hours. 10 hours less a week is about $24,000 less in pay. That is more than my housing. If my work week was cut I may have to rely on government support.
should be the same pay for less work. i dont like 40, and i especially dont like th 50+ im doing right now.

after real wages stopped rising in the 1970s, americans sent more people in teh family to work, and increased debt to make up for it.

rickyb

"america could have also solved its unemployment problem since 2008 by......"(Rickyb)

...having a different president!!
you have to wrap your head around the idea that there isnt much difference between the 2 parties. they will both throw the country down the tubes. its on a case by case basis at this point, so maybe someone like ron paul, or bernie sanders.

Last edited:

should be the same pay for less work. i dont like 40, and i especially dont like th 50+ im doing right now.

after real wages stopped rising in the 1970s, americans sent more people in teh family to work, and increased debt to make up for it.

That's a recipe for bankruptcy. And please be specific in your response. And we can break it down.

rickyb

That's a recipe for bankruptcy. And please be specific in your response. And we can break it down.
america could cut down on its annual hours worked simply by joining the rest of the developed world and guaranteeing 20 working days paid vacation or more a year if it wanted to be the leader.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You know, if you spent less time and effort trying to figure out how to get out of working you might be able to escape living in your mom's basement. It's a liberating and proud feeling being independent and not mooching. You should try it. My 16 year old is chomping at the bit for her chance.

rickyb

You know, if you spent less time and effort trying to figure out how to get out of working you might be able to escape living in your mom's basement. It's a liberating and proud feeling being independent and not mooching. You should try it. My 16 year old is chomping at the bit for her chance.
a significant portion of my friends live with their parents. capitalist costs, socialized problems.

i make enough that i could move out and pay a stranger rent every month, but right now ill just keep it in teh family, especially considering ill be moving out to do camp 1 year from now.

america could cut down on its annual hours worked simply by joining the rest of the developed world and guaranteeing 20 working days paid vacation or more a year if it wanted to be the leader.
This is a general response.... Many businesses could not afford to. Businesses can't pay out more than they take in.

Sportello

This is a general response.... Many businesses could not afford to. Businesses can't pay out more than they take in.
Ammon Bundy got over $530k from the US Govt to keep him afloat. Not sure if his 'business' took in anywhere near that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
you have to wrap your head around the idea that there isnt much difference between the 2 parties. they will both throw the country down the tubes. its on a case by case basis at this point, so maybe someone like ron paul, or bernie sanders.
someone who understands money matters......Sanders doesn't even know where money comes from. Isn't Ron Paul dead yet ?

newfie

does this mean Canada is not included in the "rest of the developed world' you wish us to join?

rickyb

america is one of three developed countries which doesnt guarantee 20 working days paid vacation per year...so id like to think its wrong, and it probably is. even if they didnt pay for the days off, at least guarantee 20 working days off.

rickyb

does this mean Canada is not included in the "rest of the developed world' you wish us to join?
its true. americas disease of no vacation nation has also infected canada. but depending on province its either 2 or 3 weeks guaranteed vacation here.