Government run "anything"......

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Why are you a Democrat?

What do they do that you think is awesome?

Awesome? Nothing, especially with how far left the party has gone lately. They're not the union-busting party though.

Edit; I didn't answer your question. I'm a democrat because I'm pro-labor, pro-union, social liberal. Though I have beliefs that do not jibe with the far left (2nd amendment, welfare reform) they're still my party until they're not.

Last edited:

rickyb

Awesome? Nothing, especially with how far left the party has gone lately. They're not the union-busting party though.

Edit; I didn't answer your question. I'm a democrat because I'm pro-labor, pro-union, social liberal. Though I have beliefs that do not jibe with the far left (2nd amendment, welfare reform) they're still my party until they're not.

the party has moved to the right over the past 30 years....

the democrats will turn america into a third world country just slower than the republicans. they are both bought out by corporate interests. clinton was at fund raising parity with the republicans which was unprecedented. obama raised more corporate money than the republicans.

if u do vote democrat, youd better make damn well sure you know who u are voting for.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I am pro-labor.

I am an independent.

But I back the Republicans mostly.

Where the Republicans control a state, the union membership usually is growing.

Where the Democrats contol a state, union membership and jobs are usually declining.

That's the truth.

Sort of takes your only reason left to be a Democrat away.

Hence, the are you stupid question.

rickyb

Nope.

Solve the ROOT problem and most of the rest falls into place by itself.

The root cause is broken homes and boys being raised without fathers.

isnt that the rhetoric the republican prez candidates were saying????

why would you repeat it unless you trust them LOL

people are poor because the economic system capitalism is increasingly putting more and more people in that situation naturally with automation, outsourcing of jobs, and an excess supply of labor.

the blacks are poor because racism is alive and well in america. same with latinos. its good for hte big capitalists to have a section of the population living under precarious conditions; it drives down the cost of workers. the private prisons make 50,000 per year off each inmate in jail, so they thats "wonderful" too and another reason to have a section of the population in poverty.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Nothing_Like_It.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
mcdonalds is a prime example of socializing the costs: they pay their employees poverty wages, and the public makes up the difference with welfare, food stamps, etc
If I had my way, working people in these minumum wage jobs would make enough to support themselves.

Companies like McDonald's, Wal-Mart and Target do use the government to supplement their employee's pay and benefits, and that is wrong.

rickyb

If I had my way, working people in these minumum wage jobs would make enough to support themselves.

Companies like McDonald's, Wal-Mart and Target do use the government to supplement their employee's pay and benefits, and that is wrong.

its expected that these corporations will do that. the capitalist system itself rewards and encourages such behavior.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Of course we all know that the gov't runs businesses so well....If this crazy board decided that 8% would be a good profit, then the oil companies would make much more than they are making now. Dennis, you're a gnome!

Dems propose 'Reasonable Profits Board' to regulate oil company profits - The Hill's Floor Action

Government is not a business, so it shouldn't be run like one, even though ignorant Republicans think that installing a CEO as Supreme Leader will solve everything. There are many aspects of government that aren't intended to be profitable, such as the military, prison systems, Medicare etc. The list goes on and on, because these are necessary "services", many of which we pay for with taxes, as much as you dislike them.

Government should regulate business, instead of being in bed with them. You "patriots" are watching fascism make huge inroads into our society, yet you don't see it because it's disguised as unfettered capitalism. The merger of business with government is a prime component of the fascist state, and Republicans want to increase the power of business, not diminish it.

Who are you going to choose as the neo-Hitler?

Last edited:

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Government is not a business, so it shouldn't be run like one, even though ignorant Republicans think that installing a CEO as Supreme Leader will solve everything. There are many aspects of government that aren't intended to be profitable, such as the military, prison systems, Medicare etc. The list goes on and on, because these are services, many of which we pay for with taxes, as much as you dislike them.

Government should regulate business, instead of being in bed with them. You "patriots" are watching fascism make huge inroads into our society, yet you don't see it because it's disguised as the unfettered capitalism. The merger of business with government is a prime component of the fascist state, and Republicans want to increase the power of business, not diminish it.

Who are you going to choose as the neo-Hitler?
That's the most accurate statement I've read today...

bbsam

Staff member
rickyb, it is clear you don't even understand what capitalism is. And sadly because of our government run schools and liberal media, 10's of millions of Americans have no idea as well.

Did you know it was Karl Marx who coined the phrase capitalism? The word itself is made to sound negative and paint a picture of an evil rich person who resembles the monopoly guy.

Capitalism is simply the FREE market, although it is now so highly regulated which is why we have slowed growth so much.

Most of each and every day you live, you are engaged in this free market. Everything you touch, own, eat, or whatever is the result of someone making something that you bought. That's capitalism. Without it, welcome to a place like N. Korea or worse where you have nothing and are starving.

Now stop typing on your computer because some capitalist by the name of Bill Gates made it possible for you to afford one.

The government doesn't do healthcare. Healthcare is all generated by the private sector. Government just takes tax dollars and pays some people's bills. By the way, government is the biggest denier of healthcare if you must know.

And how is vacation a right? You don't understand what "rights" are either.
Good Lord! You don't really think this is a "free market", do you?!