Ground on Saturday?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our BA told us the union wanted Saturday ground drivers. Would be a way for PTers to be on a que list for package cars in a way. UPS would not budge off 20$ an hour max for "special Saturday" rate. So the union had no choice but to put FT drivers in the mix.
A lot of angry full time voters might make the union crew grow a pair? Maybe not. They seem to fold like a cheap table?

mwPLWr.gif

Last edited:

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I wonder what the divorced driver with kids does when forced to work Saturdays? Do you not see the kids?

They would probably do the same thing a Doctor, Engineer, Police Officer, Pilot, Nurse or what any other person in that position would do. Go back to court and have their days changed to work with the new schedule.

All the whining about switching one day is unreal. Lots of professional people work weekends... Imagine if all the Doctors and Nurses whined like some of the people on here are doing, hospitals would have to close on weekends?

I'm in feeders and we already run 7 days a week. Why is package so special?

PT Car Washer

They would probably do the same thing a Doctor, Engineer, Police Officer, Pilot, Nurse or what any other person in that position would do. Go back to court and have their days changed to work with the new schedule.

All the whining about switching one day is unreal. Lots of professional people work weekends... Imagine if all the Doctors and Nurses whined like some of the people on here are doing, hospitals would have to close on weekends?

I'm in feeders and we already run 7 days a week. Why is package so special?
Prima Donna.

iruhnman630

I'm in feeders and we already run 7 days a week
Most people who work weekends went into the field expecting to work weekends.

We are being told our lives just changed in a negative way

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Most people who work weekends went into the field expecting to work weekends.

We are being told our lives just changed in a negative way

That is a good point although the language has been there, people haven't been forced.

I think many people who think they will hate it will actually like it. You can still go out on Friday nights and close down the bar, you just can't get tore up like a regular Friday. Stop drinking about 10PM and be the DD for your friends.

It will suck for college football games and maybe making some tball or soccer games if you have kids, but we have quite a few option and sick days that can help with that. Put that with kids having summers out of school, vacation weeks and the occasional call off and it won't be the end of the world.

Either way most of us are fortunate to be making close to six figures doing what we do. I have many friends with college degrees making half of what I make. UPS does own us on the days we work but at least we are compensated fairly for our time.