Have you ever reported being followed by a suspicious vehicle?

lilbrown

When I reported my concern, I was taken off the road without pay. I am currently fighting this and I need to find out if this is UPS's normal procedures. I have been a Driver for almost 11 years now and I'm asking for all your replies.

TheKingOfQueens

When I reported my concern, I was taken off the road without pay. I am currently fighting this and I need to find out if this is UPS's normal procedures. I have been a Driver for almost 11 years now and I'm asking for all your replies.

I've heard DOT observing drivers. Could be wrong ... Best of luck my fellow UPS Brotha

Just created new account . Was "theupsguy83" using TheKingOfQueens from now on

upschuck

Are you going to tell us the rest of the story? What reason did they give you for your removal? What you're telling us makes no sense.

lilbrown

Come on guys. We do not work a 9-5 job and sit at a desk all day. We carry around precious and expensive cargo. We are trained and it is instilled in us to be aware of our surroundings. We know what's normal and what's not. Correct?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Unless, of course, said person was being observed for something said person did previously.

I'd like to hear the whole story.
If he did something that was serious enough to be taken out of service I'm sure they would have told him, in which case he wouldn't be asking the title question. If he knows and and isn't saying, he's just trolling.

Edit: she, according to profile, 4 posts.

upschuck

Come on guys. We do not work a 9-5 job and sit at a desk all day. We carry around precious and expensive cargo. We are trained and it is instilled in us to be aware of our surroundings. We know what's normal and what's not. Correct?
Again, what did they tell you was the reason that you were taken off road? They don't take you off road for being observant, and reporting suspicious vehicles, unless you have cried wolf way to many times, and then I'd even doubt that. Give us the whole story, and maybe we can help you.

We've had drivers call center, which in turn, called the cops on "suspicious" vehicles, and laughed as the cops questioned the sups on the side of the road. That is not the reason you were taken off the road, and just about everyone on here knows that, which is why you are catching some flack.

Ouch

Called the police on more than one sup following me lol. Its funny to see their reaction as you drive by and smile while they are standing by the cop car getting questioned.

beentheredonethat

Called the police on more than one sup following me lol. Its funny to see their reaction as you drive by and smile while they are standing by the cop car getting questioned.
I get you think it's funny. As you have indicated, you knew they were your supervisors and there was no emergency. But what if there is a call for a TRUE emergency and the few extra seconds or minutes that officer takes to respond results in injury or death? Will you still think it's funny?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I get you think it's funny. As you have indicated, you knew they were your supervisors and there was no emergency. But what if there is a call for a TRUE emergency and the few extra seconds or minutes that officer takes to respond results in injury or death? Will you still think it's funny?
:2guns:What if said TRUE emergency was close to the supervisor following and the few extra seconds or minutes that it took officer to respond Saved a life or lives:2guns:

beentheredonethat

It's not just being closer or not. It's he is being tied up in an investigation at that moment. Another car may be dispatched. Why put yourself in a position where you could be responsible for this?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It's not just being closer or not. It's he is being tied up in an investigation at that moment. Another car may be dispatched. Why put yourself in a position where you could be responsible for this?
Wrong. I know it's hard for you to understand so let me elaborate, Any true emergency call any and all cars will respond and drop what they are doing. Nice try. Yet again I remind you you are incorrect sir

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Yes. Several times it was a rambunctious supervisor, once it was legitimate, and one other time I reported several cars following me but it just turned out to be Feds waiting for me to deliver something to a person of interest.

beentheredonethat

Wrong. I know it's hard for you to understand so let me elaborate, Any true emergency call any and all cars will respond and drop what they are doing. Nice try. Yet again I remind you you are incorrect sir
You called an "EMERGENCY number" for someone following you. The cop is diverted to where you are, they are out of the car and interrogating the driver of the car. That alone takes time away from response. Tell a police officer you were doing it for fun and you would be hauled away. It's not funny if someone is hurt and you are admitting you are calling the police at times when you know it 's your boss tailing you. That sir is illegal.