Healthcare

vantexan

Fox is a conservative based news outlet. Is it any surprise their news is slanted to the right? Is it a surprise that msnbc/abc is slanted to the left?

​But if you watch them you'll see a much more balanced approach at FOX with liberals very adamantly giving their opinions there. MSNBC is almost entirely far left and it involves alot of personal attacks. There's a reason FOX has a MUCH higher viewership. I think even liberals get tired of the constant vitriol at MSNBC.

vantexan

Lol, Oreilly factual?
Even his Lincoln book was pummeled by experts for factual inaccuracies, did he ever apologize like he said he would if we didn't find WMD's?
Fox was a riot to watch during the Iraq war, every day they would "claim" we may have found those weapons, only to later retract the story.Apparently most of the Fox viewers never got that part .
This is what is killing the Republican Party, people like Van believing this BS like Romney being ahead in the polls!lol, WMD's that weren't there, black panthers, Benghazi , 401k confiscation!!
Its just a network of bullcrap and it makes you people seem like a bunch of Sarah Palin idiots to the rest of us in reality.

His Lincoln book did rather well, huh? By the way, every major Democrat said before Iraq that they had WMD's. The difference is that as soon as Bush got into power and looked to actually do something about it, they suddenly weren't so supportive. That's the thing about Dems, they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Like passing the FAA bill. And the only reason Obama got reelected was that 3 million less Repubs voted for Romney than McCain. I guess their objections that he was too liberal and a Mormon to boot made the difference.

TUT

As I pointed out, if FOX gets anything wrong then Media Matters and the liberal blogs are all over it. You and MFE deny the reality because you so want to believe the worst. None are so blind as those who will not see...

Like we couldn't just turn that around on you. Fox is right, MSNBC is wrong so says the Fox person. MSNBC is right, Fox is wrong so says the MSNBC'er. I easily think you deny reality that those in power right now are flexing to want more and more at the cost of no matter who. It is a cycle and were in "lets be a ****head" one right now. Hard to deny it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As I pointed out, if FOX gets anything wrong then Media Matters and the liberal blogs are all over it. You and MFE deny the reality because you so want to believe the worst. None are so blind as those who will not see...

Two words: Dick Morris. Everything that is wrong about FOX and Republicans all rolled into a smarmy,prostitute toe-sucking troll who is wrong about everything.

TUT

By the way, every major Democrat said before Iraq that they had WMD's. The difference is that as soon as Bush got into power and looked to actually do something about it, they suddenly weren't so supportive.

Same ole ****. Don't you see what you just did?

By the way, every major Republican said health care was broken. The difference is that as soon as Obama got into power and looked to actually do something about it, they suddenly weren't so supportive.

Huh? Huh?

Here is the thing, I'm more pro-person than I am pro-corporation. The gov't give us rights, the corps would just love to strip them from us in full. That is my philosophical difference. Now both are ****heads, but I guess at this time if I had to pick the lesser of the two evils, it's the one that represents preserving, adding to rights. Why? Because it is the only sane thing to do when you aren't the power, which I'm not. Why wouldn't things that can benifit me? Why would I want things to benifit them if all they want to do is take from me? I am open to any reasonable answer to these questions.

You shouldn't worry, your on your way south out of town anywho...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
​But if you watch them you'll see a much more balanced approach at FOX with liberals very adamantly giving their opinions there. MSNBC is almost entirely far left and it involves alot of personal attacks. There's a reason FOX has a MUCH higher viewership. I think even liberals get tired of the constant vitriol at MSNBC.

FOX trots out quasi-liberals who are quite aware of who feeds them (FOX). It's a dog and pony show rigged to look "legitimate". Amazing that you cannot realize that.

vantexan

FOX trots out quasi-liberals who are quite aware of who feeds them (FOX). It's a dog and pony show rigged to look "legitimate". Amazing that you cannot realize that.

Lanny Davis was Clinton's White House counsel. Bob Beckel ran Mondale's campaign. James Carville appears once in awhile. Democrat Congressmen and Senators are on all the time. And others including pro gay, pro abortion advocates. And they argue very vehemently. You just have this template of how things are and won't look beyond it. Hannity is by far the most conservative. O'Reilly very often gives Obama the benefit of the doubt on a number of issues. Assumptions aren't reality when it comes to FOX News. What drives liberals crazy is they aren't in complete control of the media.

vantexan

Same ole ****. Don't you see what you just did?

By the way, every major Republican said health care was broken. The difference is that as soon as Obama got into power and looked to actually do something about it, they suddenly weren't so supportive.

Huh? Huh?

Here is the thing, I'm more pro-person than I am pro-corporation. The gov't give us rights, the corps would just love to strip them from us in full. That is my philosophical difference. Now both are ****heads, but I guess at this time if I had to pick the lesser of the two evils, it's the one that represents preserving, adding to rights. Why? Because it is the only sane thing to do when you aren't the power, which I'm not. Why wouldn't things that can benifit me? Why would I want things to benifit them if all they want to do is take from me? I am open to any reasonable answer to these questions.

You shouldn't worry, your on your way south out of town anywho...

Sorry, but not every Republican says health care is broken, far from it.

vantexan

Like we couldn't just turn that around on you. Fox is right, MSNBC is wrong so says the Fox person. MSNBC is right, Fox is wrong so says the MSNBC'er. I easily think you deny reality that those in power right now are flexing to want more and more at the cost of no matter who. It is a cycle and were in "lets be a ****head" one right now. Hard to deny it.

​Watch them and you'll see the difference.

TUT

​Watch them and you'll see the difference.

Well if I had to choose I'd go MSNBC vs Fox. One side is open to people being different, the other side assumes everyone is the same and if not that is your problem. I try to remind them "Their all God's children" since they are God fearing... but I found they can't add small thoughts together well to form a logical decision. If you are narrow and want everyone to think like you.... you are right you cannot beat Fox. I've grown up and past that.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I spent some time in the US, mostly Florida.
I did try to watch all news channels there.
Fox, had to tun away from it, after 15 minutes or less, msnbc - I may have lasted 30 minutes or less !
Best news I could get was CNN.

DontThrowPackages

Well, I spent some time in the US, mostly Florida.
I did try to watch all news channels there.
Fox, had to tun away from it, after 15 minutes or less, msnbc - I may have lasted 30 minutes or less !
Best news I could get was CNN.
YOu beat me to it. I know Conservatives who hate MSNBC and I know Liberals who despise FOX NEWS. The only channel both parties have negatives things to say about it CNN. So I guess they're probably the closes think to an unbiased channel outside of THE BBC.

Ricochet1a

Getting back to the original topic of Express health insurance deductibles skyrocketing next year...

Has anyone received any hard news on just what the deductibles will be for the family and single plan (high and low option).

I spoke with someone that took a buyout and is waiting for his departure date - and he didn't have hard numbers but he is never more glad that he decided to get out and take the money. Others in Memphis are getting some of the details and they are none too pleased.

If all of this shapes up to what it appears to be - it will be rivaled only by the pension take away in terms of what has (and will be) taken from the Express employees.

If some of the preliminaries are correct, between the pension take away back in 2008, the wage stagnation of 2009-13, and the impending health insurance take away of 2014 - an Express hourly will have received an adjusted (post inflation) reduction of about 20-25% in REAL compensation in that 5 year period of time. Most of the idiots don't realize this, since they don't 'see it' in their weekly paycheck, but it is reduction in overall compensation nevertheless.

I've written about how and why some of the people in Memphis WANTED the hourlies unionize, to prevent the takeaways from accelerating and trying to preserve something for themselves in the process. I think this latest take away illustrates this desire of theirs quite well.

I'm rather curious how the 'sales job' on all of this is going to be conducted in August and September of this year. I know they are already getting together the presentation (con job) for HR and senior managers to give to their employees - I just don't see how they can slap a smiley face on it and call it yummy stuff - it will reek of the worst pile of crap to come down the pike since the pension was gutted some 4.5 years ago.

I'm thinking peak for those who choose to stay is going to be real fun this year too. I'd imagine that many part-timers (upon getting the news from the horses mouth), will decide that Express isn't worth it any more and if nothing else, quit right after Thanksgiving even if they don't have other employment lined up. No sense in being Fred's bitch this Christmas to only get the screwing of all time come January.

I've said it constantly - get the hell out as soon as you can. Express is slowly becoming Ground - and this latest only illustrates that assertion.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Getting back to the original topic of Express health insurance deductibles skyrocketing next year...

Has anyone received any hard news on just what the deductibles will be for the family and single plan (high and low option).

Someone posted this information under the thread 'Stretch and Flex reinstated'.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I spoke with someone that took a buyout and is waiting for his departure date - and he didn't have hard numbers but he is never more glad that he decided to get out and take the money. Others in Memphis are getting some of the details and they are none too pleased.

If all of this shapes up to what it appears to be - it will be rivaled only by the pension take away in terms of what has (and will be) taken from the Express employees.

If some of the preliminaries are correct, between the pension take away back in 2008, the wage stagnation of 2009-13, and the impending health insurance take away of 2014 - an Express hourly will have received an adjusted (post inflation) reduction of about 20-25% in REAL compensation in that 5 year period of time. Most of the idiots don't realize this, since they don't 'see it' in their weekly paycheck, but it is reduction in overall compensation nevertheless.

I've written about how and why some of the people in Memphis WANTED the hourlies unionize, to prevent the takeaways from accelerating and trying to preserve something for themselves in the process. I think this latest take away illustrates this desire of theirs quite well.

I'm rather curious how the 'sales job' on all of this is going to be conducted in August and September of this year. I know they are already getting together the presentation (con job) for HR and senior managers to give to their employees - I just don't see how they can slap a smiley face on it and call it yummy stuff - it will reek of the worst pile of crap to come down the pike since the pension was gutted some 4.5 years ago.

I'm thinking peak for those who choose to stay is going to be real fun this year too. I'd imagine that many part-timers (upon getting the news from the horses mouth), will decide that Express isn't worth it any more and if nothing else, quit right after Thanksgiving even if they don't have other employment lined up. No sense in being Fred's bitch this Christmas to only get the screwing of all time come January.

I've said it constantly - get the hell out as soon as you can. Express is slowly becoming Ground - and this latest only illustrates that assertion.

I think that even those free-basing the Kool-Aid are going to finally get the message. Out sounds very good right now. I'm serious here...how long before someone takes a shot at Uncle Fred...literally. It would be a tragedy, but he does have an enormous fan base these days.

Ricochet1a

So it looks like the deductible for a family plan will be $3500 a year under the 2014 plan. I got an email that the individual deductible will be $1500 - not sure if this is JUST for the individual plan, OR if it applies as well to the family plan (deductible for an individual covered under family plan is capped at $1500, then benefits kick in OR the entire $3500 must be accumulated first for ALL members in a family plan). Any way one looks at it - it is a reduction in benefit.

What it looks like Express will do in order to sell this pile of crap, is 'offer' contributions to HSA in the amount of $400 a year for individuals or $800 a year for family plans (I expect this to be the 'smiley face' they will slap on this pile of crap). This is all new procedure allowed under Obamacare, so I'm not too familiar with the inner workings of it. I'm also not sure if the prescriptions are included in the above coverage - or are a separate benefit. Whether or not prescriptions are included or excluded in the annual deductible amount will be the determining factor in whether this is a wholesale shafting of all employees, or just a mild ankle grabber for most.

It appears that the above amounts will be deposited by Express in HSAs, then the employee (family) can use this amount to pay for billings. If the employee doesn't use all of the amount deposited, then the cash rolls over to the next year - presumably with the ability to roll over indefinitely into retirement if it is never used (unclear on this).

Then with the changes being kicked about to what is covered under office visits and copays, etc, it look like the typical, young, HEALTHY employee will have no real net change in their out of pocket expense. Employees that have any health issues (or covered family members with chronic health issues), will LOSE big time under this arrangement.

This is what makes me wonder... The older, salaried employee with health issues (or a spouse or child with health issues - 'children' are now up to age 26 regardless of marital status) are going to take it disproportionally harder than the younger, healthy employee. Is this a back door attempt to push these employees out to get a younger (and less costly) employee by FedEx???