Healthcare

vantexan

I think we need an intervention. It's for your own good, van.

Gee bubba, think I'm just bull shooting? Obamacare has all kinds of new taxes and fees coming. For example, we'll be paying for nursing home care for millions who can't afford it. You attack Fred for screwing us but turn a blind eye to the reaming we're about to get as taxpayers. And when it all kicks in you'll probably blame the Repubs for it.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Gee bubba, think I'm just bull shooting? Obamacare has all kinds of new taxes and fees coming. For example, we'll be paying for nursing home care for millions who can't afford it. You attack Fred for screwing us but turn a blind eye to the reaming we're about to get as taxpayers. And when it all kicks in you'll probably blame the Repubs for it.

We work for FedEx, we're the bottom rung on the taxpayer ladder. Most of our workforce does not even make enough to pay any income tax.

Ko8iFzZ.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I think you're just parroting the same talking points that the GOP has been using ever since Obamacare became an issue. If I were to review a compilation of the last few days worth of Right Wing on FOX, Rush etc, I'd have your arguments directly in front of me. You are a smart guy. Try thinking for yourself.

vantexan

I think you're just parroting the same talking points that the GOP has been using ever since Obamacare became an issue. If I were to review a compilation of the last few days worth of Right Wing on FOX, Rush etc, I'd have your arguments directly in front of me. You are a smart guy. Try thinking for yourself.

So you are saying there isn't going to be a huge increase in taxes and fees? That everything will work out fine? We'll see.

vantexan

I'm not the smartest guy in the room, but my I.Q. was 150 in 8th Grade, for what it's worth. What you are failing to see concerning FOX is that liberal watch groups like Media Matters watch them like hawks, looking for anything that they can point to to discredit them. Just as conservatives watch MSNBC and other outlets. FOX can't spout a bunch of lies without being immediately ridiculed and lambasted. Check it out and you'll see about Obamacare. But then you don't seem concerned about the huge run up in debt so what's a trillion or two more?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So you are saying there isn't going to be a huge increase in taxes and fees? That everything will work out fine? We'll see.

The GOP and Tea Party like to create "hurricanes" out of 5 mph winds. We shall see, and if Obama is wrong, I'll fess up. But if he's right, he will still be wrong as far as the Right is concerned. Obama could cure cancer, abolish poverty, and create world peace, and the usual suspects would still be calling him a Kenyan Muslim Commie.

vantexan

The GOP and Tea Party like to create "hurricanes" out of 5 mph winds. We shall see, and if Obama is wrong, I'll fess up. But if he's right, he will still be wrong as far as the Right is concerned. Obama could cure cancer, abolish poverty, and create world peace, and the usual suspects would still be calling him a Kenyan Muslim Commie.

But he won't do all of that, but he will TALK about how HE will do it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But he won't do all of that, but he will TALK about how HE will do it.

I know. Because he's "The Messiah". All I really know is that we have a crapload of people in this country that are uninsured, underinsured, or otherwise up :censored2: Creek without a paddle if they get sick. The GOP ideal would be for them to just take "personal responsibility" and die. Republicans have no hearts and no souls...they just want to see a profit.

vantexan

I know. Because he's "The Messiah". All I really know is that we have a crapload of people in this country that are uninsured, underinsured, or otherwise up :censored2: Creek without a paddle if they get sick. The GOP ideal would be for them to just take "personal responsibility" and die. Republicans have no hearts and no souls...they just want to see a profit.

There has to be a smarter way than what they are doing and no, not all Repubs are as you describe. Your rhetoric is hate speech by the way. Why not build clinics in every county that service the poor? Pay for doctors' education in exchange for years of service. They do this on Indian reservations. And I already mentioned the V.A.. They are going about it the wrong way and it will be a giant boondoggle before long. And by the way, many of those uninsured people choose to spend their money on drugs, cigarettes, and booze. Or just about anything else but health insurance. I'm all for a safety net but many need to help themselves first instead of depending on government to take care of them. I'm sure however in your view all of the uninsured are saints who never waste money on anything. Obamacare hasn't even begun yet and already the administration is realizing putting something this huge into practice is easier said than done. Time for speeches is over. If they can't make it work they'll pay for it at the voting booth.

TUT

I'm not the smartest guy in the room, but my I.Q. was 150 in 8th Grade, for what it's worth. What you are failing to see concerning FOX is that liberal watch groups like Media Matters watch them like hawks, looking for anything that they can point to to discredit them. Just as conservatives watch MSNBC and other outlets. FOX can't spout a bunch of lies without being immediately ridiculed and lambasted. Check it out and you'll see about Obamacare. But then you don't seem concerned about the huge run up in debt so what's a trillion or two more?

Fact is most of these outlets get all exaggerated and never really show cold hard facts. It's all vague words and conjecture because if you are on their side that is all you need to do. But wouldn't it be really refreshing if someone could put it on paper than on nice TV graphics what is happening and then actually have the trust they are telling it to you as it states and not how they want it to look?

I go with this:

It is better to cover more than less.

It's been ****ed up and an open checkbook against every American citizen and company since the 80's (health costs) and even if the fist attempt isn't perfect, that it is being addressed and tweaked is better than letting an out of control system remain and grow further out of control.

This needed addressed, it's a win for whoever just that it is being addressed vs just talked about and forgotten for another 4 years and another 4 years. We are stupid.

vantexan

Fact is most of these outlets get all exaggerated and never really show cold hard facts. It's all vague words and conjecture because if you are on their side that is all you need to do. But wouldn't it be really refreshing if someone could put it on paper than on nice TV graphics what is happening and then actually have the trust they are telling it to you as it states and not how they want it to look?

I go with this:

It is better to cover more than less.

It's been ****ed up and an open checkbook against every American citizen and company since the 80's (health costs) and even if the fist attempt isn't perfect, that it is being addressed and tweaked is better than letting an out of control system remain and grow further out of control.

This needed addressed, it's a win for whoever just that it is being addressed vs just talked about and forgotten for another 4 years and another 4 years. We are stupid.

I'm sorry but FOX, especially Bill O'Reilly, is very factual. If you don't believe it you just don't watch it. And unlike the others FOX has major Democrats on all the time to state their case. I look at all of them and while FOX skews conservative others, especially MSNBC, are so biased it's scary that anyone believes anything they say.

P.S. Breaking the bank to fix the problem solves nothing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sorry but FOX, especially Bill O'Reilly, is very factual. If you don't believe it you just don't watch it. And unlike the others FOX has major Democrats on all the time to state their case. I look at all of them and while FOX skews conservative others, especially MSNBC, are so biased it's scary that anyone believes anything they say.

O'Reilly and FOX are factual? Have you moved on to meth or something? Come on, van....you've got to be kidding here. Use that 150 IQ to discover you're being duped. Too bad it wasn't 151, because then you could be a Democrat.

TUT

It's all lip service. I need slides, I need static numbers that are clear to read and not slanted. That means MSNBC and FOX are out by default.

The bank has been broke, open z eyes.

vantexan

It's all lip service. I need slides, I need static numbers that are clear to read and not slanted. That means MSNBC and FOX are out by default.

The bank has been broke, open z eyes.

As I pointed out, if FOX gets anything wrong then Media Matters and the liberal blogs are all over it. You and MFE deny the reality because you so want to believe the worst. None are so blind as those who will not see...

thedownhillEXPRESS

Lol, Oreilly factual?
Even his Lincoln book was pummeled by experts for factual inaccuracies, did he ever apologize like he said he would if we didn't find WMD's?
Fox was a riot to watch during the Iraq war, every day they would "claim" we may have found those weapons, only to later retract the story.Apparently most of the Fox viewers never got that part .
This is what is killing the Republican Party, people like Van believing this BS like Romney being ahead in the polls!lol, WMD's that weren't there, black panthers, Benghazi , 401k confiscation!!
Its just a network of bullcrap and it makes you people seem like a bunch of Sarah Palin idiots to the rest of us in reality.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Pathetic. Terrorists need not bother. This divisiveness will rip this country apart. I'm proud to say I voted for no one. You can't tell me that those two idiots were the best this country can produce. I'm not registered to any party, I've denounced both. Whatever happened to compromise? Bill Clinton, where are you? Never thought I'd utter the words.