Help with a grievance please

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Arcfyre, May 10, 2016.

1. Arcfyre

Arcfyre New Member

I was issued a warning letter for being 3 miles over my Orion dispatch. I'd like to file a grievance as I was not the only driver over that day. I've never filed before. What would be appropriate wording for this complaint?

Attached Files:

2. Have your Stewart handle it. Try to follow Orion 100% even if it doesn't make sense too.

Loyal Teamster

We Love Logistics
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Did everyone over on miles get a letter?
  4. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Whatever you do don't start backing up turning around to match Orion.

Be safe. Take the block. It is impossible to safely follow Orion and match its miles.

The end.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

How can this not be a technological advancement? So why is anyone getting disciplined for it now?

6. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

This can't be real.... If it is, I want a check for all the times I was under ORION miles.
  7. rorojo

rorojo Member

Dont sweat it. I dont think that is an official warning letter. It doesn't have have the proper format. I would file a harassment grievance.
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

Do they still send the official warning letters via certified mail?
  9. They do here.
  10. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

I'm glad to see "you ain't even know" troll user and his multiple accounts had returned to brown cafe.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. Arcfyre

Arcfyre New Member

Nope. I was the only one.
  12. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Not in DFW.
  13. NXA

NXA Active Member

Call your BA, the local should have gotten a copy.

I think I would grieve harassment either way. 3 miles?
  14. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Coworker of mine would just tell management that they adjusted to changing conditions, Ie traffic road construction accident ect
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I somehow managed to do it yesterday.
  16. File a grievance for harassment. (Article 37 Section 1(a) page 128 line 4) The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties. 3 miles over is BS.

And an edit here: Any time I drive (I'm a preloader as my primary right now), I always go over what Orion wants as I run air first instead of running it with the route. Most of the drivers in our center do it. Other than that, I follow Orion as much as possible so long as I can stay safe. If they have a problem with me driving safe after being awake at 4:00 in the morning, they can go pound salt.
  17. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

Only in the BOG. Do you want a cookie?
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. Clarksville? ?
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you have any brownies?
  20. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Don't sweat the small stuff... We have had guys follow Orion by 95-98% and been over miles by 10-15....don't let them single you out!!