Help with a grievance please

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Do they still send the official warning letters via certified mail?
all mine were and i framed everyone of them. probably made an extra 100 grand over my career by doing everything by the book because of these warning letters.

it gave me great satisfaction to tell the on road supe on my annual to let him know all the extra money i was making too.

35years

Gravy route
I was issued a warning letter for being 3 miles over my Orion dispatch. I'd like to file a grievance as I was not the only driver over that day. I've never filed before. What would be appropriate wording for this complaint?
You were given a warning letter for "failure to follow routings as designated or dispatched", not for being 3 miles over. Your BA is going to have a field day with this one. Send him a copy ASAP and ask him how to word it. The simple solution is to blindly follow ORION. There is a new push to make drivers ORION compliant coming from above....

I used to work for a great company.

ArcherUTR

Yesterday I was 97% ORION trace, 14 miles over, 26 clicks over, worked till 20:30, and I'm on the 9.5 list.

Or they could just trust me to go out there and do my best and to keep my miles low.

Indecisi0n

Man if they pulled that :censored2: on me they would regret it BIG time. My Orion would be 100% and they would be :censored2:ed. When you ask for business help because Orion sucks and they tell you to break trace have that documented.

DriverNerd

So you were 3 miles over what Orion said you should....what was your percentage that day? Are they saying you weren't following Orion and that caused you to go over (under minimum percentage)? Or that even following Orion you went over and that was your fault? In that case, grieve, grieve, grieve!

I follow as close to 100% as I can every day (been successful at getting 100% four times so far). Which of course pays me overtime to drive all over the place for no reason, but that's none of my concern. I am over every single day.

El Correcto

god is dead
it doesn't matter. Protest the warning letter and move on. They won't bump it up to anything intent related. If you are worried start your documentation of everything.