HOFFA FAN?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well, really you didn't get a concession. You're getting that $400 back in the first month of your retirement. Plus another $4400 a for the other 11 months.
Neither you, or anyone else can tell me what I will get when I retire.

I dare you to try???
Dont forget about those wage increases. .70X40=$28 a week. $28x26 weeks (Aug. 1st through Feb. 1st) =$728. Now on Feb 1st you get another .40 raise. So now you're up to $1.10 X40 hours= $44. X 26 weeks(Feb 1st to Aug 1st 2016) =$1144. So August 1st 2015 to August 1st 2016 your wages went up $1872.00, if you work a 40 hour work week.
Those wage increases are at a lower percentage than the last contract=CONCESSION + $400 healthcare deductible

Again, I'm an integral part of the equation.
I want to move forward, incrementally, with the company, who's recording record profits consistently.

Did you see the latest UPS earnings statement???
Increased profits, on below forecasted earnings.

Why?,... because they are getting more for less....again, while outsourcing to the USPS at an alarming rate.

In the process, we are expected to maintain the same SPOHR/piece per hour, while handling 50lb bags of dog food in a round box; instead of sticking a sweater in a JCP bag between a screen door, or sticking multiple Gevalia boxes in holes in a load wall.

So much for that concession.
Are you that far removed from the "real UPS"???

Last edited:

ezmoney5150

I dare you to try???

Those wage increases are at a lower percentage than the last contract=CONCESSION + $400 healthcare deductible

I want to move forward, incrementally, with the company, who's recording record profits consistently.

Why?,... because they are getting more for less....again, while outsourcing to the USPS at an alarming rate.

In the process, we are expected to maintain the same SPOHR/piece per hour, while handling 50lb bags of dog food in a round box; instead of sticking a sweater in a JCP bag between a screen door, or sticking multiple Gevalia boxes in holes in a load wall.

SPOHR? There is no productivity, it takes what it takes. I remember not long ago a supervisor asked me why I was at a customer too long. I was only supposed to be there for 17 min. in their opinion. I said it takes what it takes. When they're done loading the skids I shut the trailer door, sign the "end of day" and leave. If it takes 17 min. so be it. if it takes 25 min. so be it.

What do you mean wage increases are at a lower percentage than the last contract?

You said:

I dare you to try???

I'm not sure when you are retiring and its not that important to me. People retire when they decide to retire, but if you retire in 2017 your pension will be $400 dollars more than the last contract. Thats a fact.

Shouldn't you be happy that profits increased? What would you say if they decreased? Oh I feel bad. I'll give some back. Yeah sure.

10 point

Telling their members to vote no because this is an inferior contract with concessions.

LOL!
Didn't you say that YOUR healthcare greatly improved?
So that's an unbiased opinion?
There were concessions made. You can't bury that issue but your local gained tremendously in getting enhanced benefits over the base C6 plan and in my opinion that dilutes your cheer leading posts.
"LOL"

10 point

I already posted some positive issues here but you continuously post nothing but glorious praises for this CBA because of HH... and "screw everyone else' is the second shoe to drop.

"LOL"

ezmoney5150

There were concessions made. You can't bury that issue but your local gained tremendously in getting enhanced benefits over the base C6 plan and in my opinion that dilutes your cheer leading posts.
"LOL"
"LOL"

So what. I would have voted yes even if I had the same deductables as the last contract. Why? because unlike most, I can see the forest through the trees. My brother-in-law works for Pfizer and has a $1000 deductable, has to pay a premium every month and doesn't have as good a benefits as we do. So I consider myself lucky and am happy to have what was negotiated. Anything better is just a bonus.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If you got a $20 raise every year for 10 years, every years raise would be at a lower %. My focus is my w2. If it's more than last year, I'm doing great.

10 point

So what. I would have voted yes even if I had the same deductables as the last contract. Why? because unlike most, I can see the forest through the trees. My brother-in-law works for Pfizer and has a $1000 deductable, has to pay a premium every month and doesn't have as good a benefits as we do. So I consider myself lucky and am happy to have what was negotiated. Anything better is just a bonus.
And I know of people that have a lot better insurance then we have. Heck, my neighbor worked for the state and he has phenomenal insurance and now that he's retired he doesn't pay a dime for it.
There's other trades that have better insurance than ours. You think you can see the forest for the trees but it doesn't mean much to me. Your talk is cheap.

As long as you are happy that's all that matters.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And I know of people that have a lot better insurance then we have. Heck, my neighbor worked for the state and he has phenomenal insurance and now that he's retired he doesn't pay a dime for it.
There's other trades that have better insurance than ours. You think you can see the forest for the trees but it doesn't mean much to me. Your talk is cheap.

As long as you are happy that's all that matters.
So why don't you apply?

I dare you to try???

Well said.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your union forefathers are rolling over in their graves because of this talk.

ezmoney5150

Your union forefathers are rolling over in their graves because of this talk.
Why because I know a good thing when I see it. I don't want to end up like that steel workers or the UAW. I don't want to bleed UPS dry so we can't compete. Some of you guys want everything on a platter because they made 5 billion. What are you going to say when they only make 2 billion because operating costs skyrocketed? Don't answer that I already know. You guys will be saying BS! They're hiding the other 3 billion.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why because I know a good thing when I see it. I don't want to end up like that steel workers or the UAW. I don't want to bleed UPS dry so we can't compete. Some of you guys want everything on a platter because they made 5 billion. What are you going to say when they only make 2 billion because operating costs skyrocketed? Don't answer that I already know. You guys will be saying BS! They're hiding the other 3 billion.
Not exactly. I'm not asking for the world. Just asking for no concessions.