Hostess

BrownBlue

New Jack
So just so you understand, BBAK, the union is required by federal law to try to save the jobs of EVERY bargaining unit member. If the union can get the company to agree to keep people that really haven't been acting in the best interest of the company, then I think it is a failure of both. But I believe that sometimes good people will make dumb decisions, and if they don't clean up their act they usually get themselves fired anyway. The examples you gave are pretty severe, and I don't see UPS letting those people back without, some sort of thin ice deal.

PS: I like your little picture with the snake. Saving Rattlesnake habitat is important, but I don't understand why a snake would care about liberty and death, seems land and food would be more appropriate. Save Rattlesnake Habitat!

BBAK

Banned
I curious how much did your rate of pay go up since UPS bought Overnite and became Union? Did you also get an increase in benefits? I really don't know just wondering.

Pay went up, benefits went up in some ways down in others, but less guys are working now than were working in '07 when the contract was ratified, our customer service has plummeted, our production rates plummeted (imagine that).

Indecisi0n

Union jobs........

Where a guy can come in to work drunk and pull a set of doubles out of the yard and keep his job.........

Where a guy can be caught throwing a customers freight in the dumpster and keep his job.......

Where a guy can fail 3 random drug tests within a year and keep his job.....

None of these guys would have kept their jobs at non union Overnite Transportation.

These are people who make unions look bad.

BBAK

Banned
How is that the unions fault? Can you please explain why you don't blame the company?

Isn't it obvious? The union causes employees to do whatever they want and get away with it. Don't feel like working hard? No problem, the union will take care of you.

Just take cops for example. They can do anything they want and not get fired.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am mystified. Were the unions the only ones at those negotiating tables? The cities were fat with cash and weren't smart in negotiating. I grant you that there are many public contracts that are disgusting in the manner in which they rape the taxpayer. But, that is the bad apple in the bunch. I worked my petutie off and will again when I go back because I believe I am being paid to work. I earn a good buck, and in return of that, I give my all. What others do is on them. But, it is definitely not the norm for a UPS employee. 99.44% have a work ethic second to none. Period.

yeldarb

Simply put, guys who deserve less than ever are making more than ever.

Why do you classify people making a Union wage as deserving less? Isnt it the people that are making minimum wage the ones deserving more? Corporate greed has clouded the minds of most Americans into thinking that it is okay to pay minimum wage with no benefits, while the ceo might make in the hundreds of millions. Unions spread the wealth more around to ALL employees. How is that wrong?

BBAK

Banned
I am mystified. Were the unions the only ones at those negotiating tables? The cities were fat with cash and weren't smart in negotiating. I grant you that there are many public contracts that are disgusting in the manner in which they rape the taxpayer. But, that is the bad apple in the bunch. I worked my petutie off and will again when I go back because I believe I am being paid to work. I earn a good buck, and in return of that, I give my all. What others do is on them. But, it is definitely not the norm for a UPS employee. 99.44% have a work ethic second to none. Period.

Come over to UPS Freight and take a tour with me. I'll show you around. Just come find me, I'll be taking a nap in the break room.

BBAK

Banned
Why do you classify people making a Union wage as deserving less? Isnt it the people that are making minimum wage the ones deserving more? Corporate greed has clouded the minds of most Americans into thinking that it is okay to pay minimum wage with no benefits, while the ceo might make in the hundreds of millions. Unions spread the wealth more around to ALL employees. How is that wrong?

They deserve less because they stopped working hard when we went union.

Isn't it obvious? The union causes employees to do whatever they want and get away with it. Don't feel like working hard? No problem, the union will take care of you.

Just take cops for example. They can do anything they want and not get fired.

Causes the employees to do whatever they want? Causes?

Dude, you are smoking crack. Fortunately your union negotiated the benefits that can get you some help.

yeldarb

They deserve less because they stopped working hard when we went union.

I really dont know on this, so this is a honest question. Overnite was union. Arent many of the employees at freight from overnite?

2-So does management deserve more since you feel we deserve less?

BBAK

Banned
I really dont know on this, so this is a honest question. Overnite was union. Arent many of the employees at freight from overnite?

2-So does management deserve more since you feel we deserve less?

1. Yes

2. No

I am not speaking about small pack, only UPS Freight and what I saw the union do to this company. If you all work hard and are union, that's great. I'm not fortunate enough to work with many people like that anymore.

Indecisi0n

1. Yes

2. No

I am not speaking about small pack, only UPS Freight and what I saw the union do to this company. If you all work hard and are union, that's great. I'm not fortunate enough to work with many people like that anymore.

So then don't blame the union for other peoples lazyness. Be a man and call them out on it face-to-face. As i see the union they are paid to represent. Do the lazy people pay dues? Then the union has an obligation to represent them NO MATTER WHAT.

BBAK

Banned
So then don't blame the union for other peoples lazyness. Be a man and call them out on it face-to-face. As i see the union they are paid to represent. Do the lazy people pay dues? Then the union has an obligation to represent them NO MATTER WHAT.

Who says I don't call them out on it face to face? There is a reason I am a black sheep at my terminal.

I don't care if the union is obligated to defend them. It is still immoral.