Hostess

klein

Für Meno :)
Who says I don't call them out on it face to face? There is a reason I am a black sheep at my terminal.

I don't care if the union is obligated to defend them. It is still immoral.

BBAK, you have no clue how it is on the road, do you ?
I urge you to take ina route afer a sick in call.
See how you can manage it !

menotyou

bella amicizia
Then, start a thread whining about how immoral it is to keep men and women who break their back for this company a decent day's hours. Most here work atrocious hours to enable their families to have more. I don't hear any immoral bit chin' about that.

BBAK

Banned
Then, start a thread whining about how immoral it is to keep men and women who break their back for this company a decent day's hours. Most here work atrocious hours to enable their families to have more. I don't hear any immoral bit chin' about that.

Go ahead and throw out the whining and bitching words. Typical of anyone that has nothing else to say. Checkmate.

Indecisi0n

Who says I don't call them out on it face to face? There is a reason I am a black sheep at my terminal.

I don't care if the union is obligated to defend them. It is still immoral.

There are going to be a few bad apples no matter where you go. You think the union doesn't know who abuses the system/union? They know but like i said their hands are tired because they still have an obligation. People like that get whats coming to them in the end. I commend you for being the black sheep and standing your ground. Surround yourself with people that share your opinion. I'd rather have one real friend at work then 100 "fake friends."

menotyou

bella amicizia
Go ahead and throw out the whining and bitching words. Typical of anyone that has nothing else to say. Checkmate.
Compared to your retort, I believe I said a mouthful. As for checkmate, you need to stop talking to yourself. A crackhead and delusional. Great. What Is Freight up to?

BBAK

Banned
You all are taking it as me saying that you don't work hard and that is not what I said at all. I think a reading comprehension class is in order.

yeldarb

Missing pickups and tearing **** up. The usual.

That seems more of a management issue. As employees, we can only accomplish what our managers and supervisors let us know about. If I get an ODS asking if I can bust over to a pickup that somehow got missed, I will do that immediately. It drives me nuts when I get to the hub and somewhere near me, a driver dropped the ball and a customer got missed, and I was never made aware of the situation, when I could have done something about it.

I'll tell you something, which is bugging me like crazy.

I'm working again, but the owner refuses to pay for Stat holidays, and I worked Good Friday.
My cheque is out tomorrow. I wrote down the extra OT, but my co-workers think I'll never get paid for it.
They have never been paid for it - 1 has been there for 8 years, the other for over 3 years.
I'm basically new.

But, I already fought for my right once (he was making me work 46hrs per week without paying OT) - I made a stop to that, and he was kind of mad about it and cut my hrs.

Now, I'm facing this situation. Only thing I can basically do is call the labour board, and after that call , - I might as well quit, otherwise I'll be fired, like he did the lady before me, that also called the labour board.

But, I want to fight for my co-workers, too, and if I need to quit, then so be it - but I hope in the proceeds, I get them a nice hefty back pay, and that my boss and owner gets a nice hefty fine on top of it, too.

Has to come to a stop, even if I need to sacrifice myself at it.
Do it I think you need some more time off.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Did some research and found this picture of BBAK. Think it explains a lot.

images

Cementups

Box Monkey
Unions suck.

You all are taking it as me saying that you don't work hard and that is not what I said at all. I think a reading comprehension class is in order.

All previous posters read EXACTLY what you posted with your blanket statement. You started off on the wrong foot and have continued to dig with your tiny shovel and, as kids with tiny toy shovels do, have no gotten anywhere. All you continue to do is bash and bash and bash with no real argument to your side.

I have the easiest solve to your personal problem. No one makes you come to your horrible union job at UPS freight. If it's as horrible as you say/claim it is.......QUIT! There is always someone on the other side of the door waiting to take your job.

Cementups

Box Monkey
As far as Hostess goes we (and possibly Freight) could easily just pick up their volume and start delivering snack cakes as well.:) Maybe that could give BBAK and his fellow lazy union employees something to do. Deliver Twinkies and stock the shelves for the customer. While a Hostess employee my be out of a job at least Frieght guys would have something to do.

*FYI, this post was in jest

Johney

Just come find me, I'll be taking a nap in the break room.
And while your taking a nap, us at the package side will be carrying "YOU" and (as you make it sound) the rest of your no good union members. Or better yet why don't you just turn in your union card and tell them you'd be more than happy to give up your Teamster pension,pay and bennies(yes the one the no good union got for you)and take whatever the company will give you. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to double whatever the Teamsters have negotiated for you.:laughing:

By the way have you turned in a SALES LEAD this month?

A

anonymous6

A lot of us are pro union on here. Many see it both sides though. The good and the bad. People who make comments like yours tend to be the ones who feel they aren't getting what they feel they deserve. So they hate and they're jealous.

Look at the Hostess story on any newspaper site. The comments are all full of the "greedy unions, lazy workers" type like yours and almost all come from people who have never had a union job. They see it as all benefits, wages, and protection that a union provides. They never see what must be put up with by the workers even with a union.
The majority want what we have, they're jealous. They have shytty jobs were they have to take whatever scoop of crap their bosses hands out with a smile or else. And they hate that.

boy, did you hit the nail on the head.

A

anonymous6

Union jobs........

Where a guy can come in to work drunk and pull a set of doubles out of the yard and keep his job.........

Where a guy can be caught throwing a customers freight in the dumpster and keep his job.......

Where a guy can fail 3 random drug tests within a year and keep his job.....

None of these guys would have kept their jobs at non union Overnite Transportation.

i call BS on this.

ymelord

BBAK if you want to tell other people how to do their jobs, and you hate the union so much, there is opportunitys for you to go into management and save this company. I'd like to stay and keep bloging, but I have to go smoke some weed, and pound down a quick Bud before I leave for work. I don't throw pkgs though, so maybe I'm not who your talking about. HAVE A NICE LIFE