How many did you do?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do think 500+ is possible, even with no helper. If it's a tight area and small pkgs, def.

Try to imagine a father and son delivering newspapers out of their car in a tight residential section where every resident is a subscriber. The papers are tossed on to the driveway rather than brought to the front door. Both will toss the papers on to their side of the road. Even if they were able to maintain a rate of 100 PPH (papers per hour), it would still take them a solid 5 hours to deliver that route.

Based on that and the fact that our delivery methods are more restrictive, I find it very hard to believe that it would be possible to deliver 500 or more stops in a single day.

The Driver

I drive.
Try to imagine a father and son delivering newspapers out of their car in a tight residential section where every resident is a subscriber. The papers are tossed on to the driveway rather than brought to the front door. Both will toss the papers on to their side of the road. Even if they were able to maintain a rate of 100 PPH (papers per hour), it would still take them a solid 5 hours to deliver that route.

Based on that and the fact that our delivery methods are more restrictive, I find it very hard to believe that it would be possible to deliver 500 or more stops in a single day.

Not to mention digging for packages. The digging must be insane with 500 stops.

upssouth

I did 340 with no helper, although unlikely 500 is possible. I know I have the ability to do it, but after doing 340 I wouldn't want to attempt 500. Saying 500+ I do not mean much more than 500.. I think that's about it.

I was also working with guys last year who we're doing more than I was. It was absolutely insane last year. Part of the reason they just spent my guess 10 million since last peak in expanding and hiring at my hub

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
On UPSers after last peak there was a listing of several drivers on the 400 Club Honor Role who worked out of my center. A couple of them had delivered over 500 stops on a few different days.
I don't know how it was done but it was documented on their website.
Not something I would want to add to my bucket list.

Stopher

He never did 500 stops, in one package car, on one route. Screw that.
I promise I did it. I filmed my 508th stop and showed both diads with the summary screens totaling 508. Something like 908 pcs. Ill post it. I towed my own uhaul. Delivered what was on my truck then reloaded my truck with the stuff in the uhaul. Not playin.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I was going to call BS on it too, but i didnt wanna be a peckerhead and come right out and say homeboy was a liar but i was thinking that in the back of my mind like, this dude is lying his nuttz off. Maybe he had 2 jumpers lol.
what happens in my center is we have apt bldgs and the drivers leave 20 stops on the ground floor and it takes 15 min instead of going door to door.....they do 400 stops a day with a helper in peak

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I promise I did it. I filmed my 508th stop and showed both diads with the summary screens totaling 508. Something like 908 pcs. Ill post it. I towed my own uhaul. Delivered what was on my truck then reloaded my truck with the stuff in the uhaul. Not playin.
You my have, but the Guiness Book Of World Records need physical proof lmfao.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And how long was your 508 stop day?

By The Book

I so detest braggers! I did so many stops today blah blah! It's not a competition it's a career that has a finish line you need to get to. Why do you think there are part timers who have been waiting 10 years or more to go driving?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
what happens in my center is we have apt bldgs and the drivers leave 20 stops on the ground floor and it takes 15 min instead of going door to door.....they do 400 stops a day with a helper in peak
My most was 389 (on paper only 327 physical) but like your example above, we had an agreement with this one particular apartment manager of a bigger complex who allowed us to drop all the tenant packages off at banquet room in the office and she would sign for em all. She was not only a good manager but an overall good human being.

She was so concerned for her tenants and adamant that the tenants get their packages during the Christmas season, she hired an additional office person to work overnight so that the packages could be picked up at anytime 24/7 for the three weeks leading up to Christmas. She personally opened Christmas Day for a few hours just to try and get the last packages out. Two weeks after Christmas she suffered a fatal heart attack while grocery shopping.