How's the view???........

Just a little FYI, in your attempt at humor you couldn't even name the proper assailants. The Japanese sank the USS Arizona, NOT the Germans. Or maybe that was part of your "joke." I don't know.

Perhaps read and comprehend the posts around it and determine for yourself.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
...... she caused a preventable accident...

obviously not a safe driver.

What if it wasn't a package car with a "sturdy" rear bumper that couldn't take an impact like that?
She had 2 teenage girlfriends with her, they were in a hurry and all excited about going to the annual rodeo down in St Paul and she just made a mistake. It scared the hell out of her, she cried, her friends cried, and I think she learned a lesson.

Heres the skid marks left by the 17 yr old girl who rear-ended me last Thursday. Im just glad nobody got hurt and I am hoping that since the damage to my rear bumper was superficial ( I wrote it up and shop isnt even going to bother with it) that UPS isnt going to go after her parents and cause their insurance rates to get jacked up.

View attachment 14257

Don't count on it. I was hit in PC in a rig with a bumper bent prior to the crash. UPS tried to go after the young lady for damages until I threatened to go to court with her in her defense.

There's a good chance your wife and daughter wouldn't jump at every chance they had to make other people feel small, too.

And that's exactly what Upstate attempts to do with each of his posts. He counts on folks like you and Cach to feel sorry for him. It spurs him on.

Don't pity him. He's earned every ounce of scorn this forum has to throw at him.

Sent using a Potato

I don't feel sorry for him. I'll be the first to jump his case if he's legitimately out of line. This was not such an instance and the false "outrage" was a little to dramatic to not be responded to.

...... she caused a preventable accident...

obviously not a safe driver.

What if it wasn't a package car with a "sturdy" rear bumper that couldn't take an impact like that?

What if, what if, what if?

Show of hands of any who never screwed up at that age and learned a lesson. Let it go.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heres the skid marks left by the 17 yr old girl who rear-ended me last Thursday. Im just glad nobody got hurt and I am hoping that since the damage to my rear bumper was superficial ( I wrote it up and shop isnt even going to bother with it) that UPS isnt going to go after her parents and cause their insurance rates to get jacked up.

View attachment 14257

Is this where you were parked when you got hit? Why didn't you pull a bit more to the right, making sure that your vehicle was completely off the road? In my center you would have been charged with an avoidable accident as you were parked in an unsafe manner by not being completely off the road. It does look like you could have pulled more to the right.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Is this where you were parked when you got hit? Why didn't you pull a bit more to the right, making sure that your vehicle was completely off the road? In my center you would have been charged with an avoidable accident as you were parked in an unsafe manner by not being completely off the road. It does look like you could have pulled more to the right.
Sober was not hit while parked. He had slowed to turn into a driveway when rearended.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Can you see what is in front of Sober's truck? Neither can I. Maybe he parked that way to avoid hitting something while pulling forward. Reserve judgement until you get the "Big Picture."

rod

Retired 22 years
What if, what if, what if?

Show of hands of any who never screwed up at that age and learned a lesson. Let it go.

I did my fair share of screwing up at that age but being that I was "at that age" I didn't learn too many lessons from it. I bet it was the 3 young girls crying that got to Sober. Three young girls crying can get away with murder.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a young guy slam into my back bumper at about 50 mph once. I was slowing down to turn into a business to make a pickup. He was driving like an idiot and passed the car behind me that saw me slowing. It was a no passing zone and after he started passing he saw a car coming at him from the other direction. To avoid a head on he had to duck back into my lane behind me and was going too fast to stop. He totaled his car (I think it was a 1976 Mustang II) but only bent my bumper a little. Ironically the business at that stop was a junkyard. He offered to sell what was left of his car to them but they only handled foreign car parts so said no.

I did my fair share of screwing up at that age but being that I was "at that age" I didn't learn too many lessons from it. I bet it was the 3 young girls crying that got to Sober. Three young girls crying can get away with murder.

By reflex he automatically started reaching for his wallet.

soberups

Good question.

I parked there after I was hit. The skidmarks you see are from her trucks back tires.

The driveway in question is only slightly wider than my truck is long, and is too short for me to pull into and turn around in. If I approach from the direction seen in the photo I can only barely pull into the driveway and get the car completely off the road and even then I am inches from the white line. Its a challenging stop because the road has no shoulder, traffic moves at high speed and the hills create blind spots. I prefer to back into the driveway to get off of the road which was not possible in this case because of oncoming traffic. I was getting ready to pull into the driveway and park parallel to the road when she hit me from behind. She then pulled up next to me, rolled down her passenger side window to talk to me, and wound up parking directly in front of me which prevented me from getting completely off of the road as I would have preferred to do after the accident. In the photo you can see her white pickup truck parked at an angle in front of me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hey Sober....got 2 of these today and it reminded me of you :)
CAM00108.jpg

soberups

Yep, I have a daughter only slightly older. Girl tears have power.

In this case, however, it was a low-speed accident, damage was minimal, no one got hurt, and no one had been drinking. I have a nose like a bloodhound for alcohol on someones breath and if these girls had been drinking my first call would have been to the police.