Hypnosis At UPS

menotyou

bella amicizia
I miss him. He was management and he brought another side to this forum that it does truly miss. Was he crazy? Yea a little but I only know of a few people I've come in contact with who weren't and they really were. I wish you we everybody could put the past behind us and welcome him back. This place would be different friend*ed up bit a whole lot more interesting. I put tie on the level of soberups. I'd rather have him here than not have him here. They are why I joined this place in the first place.

If you like me on here or value me this post is truly from the bottom of my heart. God bless us all
He was ok, even though I tangled with him a lot, until he

LOST HIS FREAKING MIND!!!!!!!!!

HE'S INSANE! HE'S A STALKER! HE'S A LIAR!

I don't miss him.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't like the idea of send agains, I'm not in PC, but to me, I'm employed to provide a service. For me it's make sure package a makes it to trailer b before trailer b is supposed to leave. If that doesn't happen I've potentially upset a customer. Things aren't always working though, and I accept it. Do I like knowing that a customer may be expecting a package on Tuesday, but because of things they won't receive it until Wednesday? No, I know it happens but I'm not fond of it happening.

Perhaps this is the same kind of mentality some PC drivers have, I don't know, but it's a possibility.
I think send again's suck, but if the customer doesn't arrange for me to get their package to them should it be a signature release, it's not my issue. I know when every package I order is coming. With Surepost, you can track the package to the building, which lets you know the next day it's coming. I didn't order that package, they did.
I will not use my phone for company work when I get back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is my choice as to whether I use my personal cell phone for my job. I have a few customers who have my cell phone number and will meet me on road if they want their stuff early. I also have a COD customer who will leave checks and SDN's if I call her and tell her I am running late. I also use my personal cell phone to call consignees who have "issues" with the address(es) on their packages and will do ADC's on road. I also called a consignee this week who had an apple delivery who asked me to put it on "will call" for him.

The decision as to whether you want to use your personal cell phone for company use is entirely up to you. No, I am not reimbursed nor do I write this use off on my taxes. I do it because it helps me--period. I wouldn't do it if I did not benefit from it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My body seems to know when there is a public restroom nearby.

If I drank as much water as Paul Ryan did last night I would have been up 2-3 times during the night.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Doesn't that happen to women and their periods? They some how link up? Maybe it happens with us drivers. Maybe we need a synchronized poo break. Lets say about 10:15am every morning Monday - Friday?
If you live with another woman, you will end up on a very similar cycle. It's the strangest thing.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is my choice as to whether I use my personal cell phone for my job. I have a few customers who have my cell phone number and will meet me on road if they want their stuff early. I also have a COD customer who will leave checks and SDN's if I call her and tell her I am running late. I also use my personal cell phone to call consignees who have "issues" with the address(es) on their packages and will do ADC's on road. I also called a consignee this week who had an apple delivery who asked me to put it on "will call" for him.

The decision as to whether you want to use your personal cell phone for company use is entirely up to you. No, I am not reimbursed nor do I write this use off on my taxes. I do it because it helps me--period. I wouldn't do it if I did not benefit from it.
I don't know. It kinda seems here you are replying to my post. I could be wrong, but..........

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If I order a pizza to be delivered will they indirect to my neighbor if I'm not home? If you order something, make arrangements to receive it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok, but you may have missed the point.
I don't care.
They make the rules.
They hate send agains, not me.
Yet some of my co-workers think they hate send agains?
Why???:hypnosis:

On a rural route yes I hate send agains 2 or 3 pullers can make a world of difference. In town doesn't really matter.

wgf46

If you have AT&T as your cell phone carrier then you get a 20% discount off of your cell phone bill. So, in actuality, it's not costing you anything if you did use it for work related purposes. I know I'm thankful for saving the 20% !

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't have the 'cell phone" issue for the majority of my time at UPS. Cell phones didn't exist. There were no DIADS or telematics or EDD or PAS or E911 rural addresses or a dozen other things that are supposedly helpful. All we did was deliver packages------imagine that. I would bet that our percentage of send agains was just as good or maybe less that what goes on today. Personally after watching the drivers operating with their shock collars on now days I doubt I could survive in the UPS world today. On second thought I would survive but it would be one heck of a battle.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you have AT&T as your cell phone carrier then you get a 20% discount off of your cell phone bill. So, in actuality, it's not costing you anything if you did use it for work related purposes. I know I'm thankful for saving the 20% !
Verizon has 22% off. I'm still not using my phone for company work.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Here's Nancy once again making his own rules.
A signed delivery notice is only valid on the second attempt, having been scanned and attached to said delivery the day before.
It's hard figure out who he is trying to impress, us, the customer or himself?
I'm going with the latter.
Of course it's entirely possible that he is hypnotized.

bumped

A signed delivery notice is only valid on the second attempt, having been scanned and attached to said delivery the day before.

I've taken SDN the on the 1st attempt by some customers. I just scan the notice and the package(s) so the notice is linked to that stop.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've taken SDN the on the 1st attempt by some customers. I just scan the notice and the package(s) so the notice is linked to that stop.

I don't believe that to be in the spirit of the system.
You might want to quit.
I have seen it go south on a couple of drivers who ended up paying for a package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Read the front of the info notice. There are four options under the "We could not leave the package(s) because..." A states "Your written authorization is required to leave package(s). This is for non-DR areas or for packages which contain high-end electronics or computers or other expensive items. B and C state that the shipper requested a signature or adult signature required at time of delivery. Now read the back of the info notice. You will notice that only option A allows the consignee to fill out the notice and for us to DR the package.

WE CANNOT ACCEPT SDN'S FOR SIGNATURE REQUIRED OR ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED PACKAGES!!!

Dude he is floating in a bubble.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Read the front of the info notice. There are four options under the "We could not leave the package(s) because..." A states "Your written authorization is required to leave package(s). This is for non-DR areas or for packages which contain high-end electronics or computers or other expensive items. B and C state that the shipper requested a signature or adult signature required at time of delivery. Now read the back of the info notice. You will notice that only option A allows the consignee to fill out the notice and for us to DR the package.

WE CANNOT ACCEPT SDN'S FOR SIGNATURE REQUIRED OR ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED PACKAGES!!!

Now explain to LP how the consignee signed the delivery notice before you made an attempt?
Look, you'll probably get away with it most of the time, but it only takes one time for the customer to piss backwards on you.
It's then that you have landed in the trick bag and will be made to pay for the package.