I was Framed By UPS And Was Fired At The State Level Hearing!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I believe in one case the company was filiming me on my break and tried to frame me on stealing time. The next day I noticed that they removed my breaks out of the board and I made them put them back in the board.
Really? And you didn't file a grievance for changing your time card?

I would run bonus 1 and 1/2 hrs under and he still would give me a hard time
I hate to say it, but drivers under the bonus system get hauled into the office for doing things drivers in other centers without bonus do all the time, without getting into trouble. And a lot of it is called stealing time.

Klein

You were fired for dishonesty, something here in the states that will prohibit you from drawing unemployment.

If the company makes a case against Fired that it was dishonesty or stealing time, then he will have to pay the unemployment back, more than likely.

Fired, if they built a case against you over 7 months, and you went to the panel several times, I dont see you having a snowballs chance of ever winning anything legally against UPS. Unless you have proof that they cooked up something against you, you are SOL

I do find it interesting that you would try to sue UPS now, and when they were changing your time card you did nothing?

Interesting........

d

klein

Für Meno :)
Klein

You were fired for dishonesty, something here in the states that will prohibit you from drawing unemployment

No Danny, I have it officially in writing.
"Consumption of alcohol during my shift."

Those are the exact words.

And even for that, I wouldn't get Unemployment here either.
But, made my case, saying it was basically after my shift. (I hope i made it.... still pending).

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
:angry:I was recently fired at the state level hearing and was wondering if anyone has used an attorney to sue the company. I was basically set up with things they accused me that I have done but did not do. My new manager had it out for me on his first day. I was fired for progressive discipline. I have talked with several attorneys and have gone nowhere. Any advice out there?

Find a new job.
:peaceful:

rocket man

WHAT is bonus? we have over time! I hope all your bonus time was worth IT? KISSING up look at the good job i did.wow dont worry about the the guy at the end of the belts whos p700 is empty and he loading because you ran like adog . now your in dog house . Thats a great bonus program. SOME HOW I HOPE YOU GET BACK IN THEN BE SMART. MANAGMENT ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.

ups1990

WHAT is bonus? we have over time! I hope all your bonus time was worth IT? KISSING up look at the good job i did.wow dont worry about the the guy at the end of the belts whos p700 is empty and he loading because you ran like adog . now your in dog house . Thats a great bonus program. SOME HOW I HOPE YOU GET BACK IN THEN BE SMART. MANAGMENT ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS.
3,2,1 blast off! Rocket man is really out of this world.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The progressive discipline was over a 7 month period where they built a case against me. They brought me to the state panel twice in 2 months.

So in other words, they gave you multiple chances to fix your problems....

Yet, you kept making mistakes over and over....

Despite counseling by your Union Steward and Business Agent....

And a previous trip to the State panel....????

I am assuming there had to be verbal warnings, written warnings, suspension periods, prior to you going to a State Panel.... twice....

Come on.... You were set-up and now want to sue...???

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one. :sad-little:

-Bug-

"Stupid people should be encouraged to say stupid things.... That way, we always know who the stupid people are."

The union told me that if they did not correct your paycheck by next week then file a grievance. The bones was so easy to get on certain routes though. I am a young guy in pretty good shape that liked to get paid and go home early. I know I was used and there is nothing I can do about it. I figured that if I ran bonus my manager would leave me alone for a while and I would have not gotten fired. He fu**** wirh me not matter what. I coud not win. When I started UPS, I thought that you could not be fired unless you were dishonest. I was wrong. If UPS wants you they will get you. They will set you up for and bring you to the panel until the panel says "claimaint of the union denied" When the panel sees you a few times you are done. UPS can take you to the panel as many times as they want. The more times they take you there whether its your fault or not it makes you look bad.

"Bigunionguy" I corrected all of the problems that UPS said that I have done prior to the second panel hearing. I was still fired. The union had a good case explaining this. The union and I think that the panel is fixed.

klein

Today, was a new posting about someone with a DWI that he got this weekend.

It;s nasty.
I thought to myself, what is actually worse. Losing your job or losing your drivers licence ?

I would pick losing job (since I live alone, have no way of transportation, no family here, etc).
I would be screwed without one.
Besides, with a drivers licence, a lot easier to get another job.

But, besides all that. Take the loss, like I did. Try to find a new job. Maybe one, you'll even like more.
Your young. Lots of options.
Does your unemployment pay you for secondary schooling ?
If so, get into something you really like (computers, or whatever).

Won't blame you for holding a grouch aginst UPS.
It happens. Who knows, you may become the head shipper and receiver somewhere.......?

I actually had that happening to me once on my route, : Delivered to this business. She said what the hell are you doing here (my first time there).
Said UPS, package for you.
She said, I don't want UPS , it should have been delivered via Fedex !
And she went on giving me crap..
I opoligized, and even told her she can refuse if if she wants. But she took it. But for some odd reason , she held a big thing against UPS.

klein

I have a bachelors degee in business and I know that I will not make as much as I did at UPS. I will probably buy an existing business somewhere.

Drive a sewer and water truck, they start at $30 hr. Easy work. Full automatic trucks. You stick in the hose, and sit in your truck for a half hr.

Or transit bus operator.
Let people in and out of the bus. They pay more. (train you for free , licence costs and all).
No lifting !

Gravel truck, also pays more (women do it these days). Easy too.

Soo many jobs out there. Even limo service is an option.
Pays less, but the tips are as high as your daily pay at UPS.

Tons out there, get creative, and look !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Drive a sewer and water truck, they start at $30 hr. Easy work. Full automatic trucks. You stick in the hose, and sit in your truck for a half hr.

Or transit bus operator.
Let people in and out of the bus. They pay more. (train you for free , licence costs and all).
No lifting !

Gravel truck, also pays more (women do it these days). Easy too.

Soo many jobs out there. Even limo service is an option.
Pays less, but the tips are as high as your daily pay at UPS.

Tons out there, get creative, and look !

Maybe even an Ice Road Trucker!

Ice Road Truckers Song

ups1990

Firedbrowndriver, I know this is a serious matter, but the title of this thread craks me up. It reads like it should be on Dateline NBC.
"Tonite on Dateline. I was framed by UPS and was fired at the state level."

With all do respect, my desire is for you to get your situation resolved in a timely matter.