Indeed job offer Ground 140.00 a day no benefits

Mutineer

The Mexicans coming across the border are doing it.

I submit that excessive immigration from ANY source very much stunts occupational development and prospects for teenagers and young adults. It is also a major factor in a lack of affordable housing.

And that's just the tip of the churro.

Mutineer

Ok Boomer times have changed. Ttku....

I agree with you. But "times have changed" is a hollow assertion for many parts of this country.

I've been to nearly every state in this nation. It is my observation that in very many ways, most everywhere else is ten to thirty years behind what is normal or current for much of California.

From many people that is something to boast about or be proud of.

From my perspective, it is a very dire warning.

MAKAVELI

With that type of victimhood attitude I think it might be even easier for kids with ambition these days. So many youth have convinced themselves the system is rigged so they shouldn’t even try that the path is wide open for the few that actually want to succeed.
Did you have to walk 5 miles up hill in the snow to get to school as well?🤣

MAKAVELI

I agree with you. But "times have changed" is a hollow assertion for many parts of this country.

I've been to nearly every state in this nation. It is my observation that in very many ways, most everywhere else is ten to thirty years behind what is normal or current for much of California.

From many people that is something to boast about or be proud of.

From my perspective, it is a very dire warning.
It just seems to me the older generations are just very judgemental and like to place the blame of today's society on anyone but themselves.

MAKAVELI

I submit that excessive immigration from ANY source very much stunts occupational development and prospects for teenagers and young adults. It is also a major factor in a lack of affordable housing.

And that's just the tip of the churro.
Let me know when you're ready to send your kids and grandkids to work in fields of California. The people that you claim come here excessively are the ones being exploited for profit. Modern day slavery.

Mutineer

Let me know when you're ready to send your kids and grandkids to work in fields of California. The people that you claim come here excessively are the ones being exploited for profit. Modern day slavery.
That is a very tired trope, and a slogan of those who are ignorant of reality. It also does not reflect the current needs of labor that immigration is used to supplement.

A very large percentage of farm workers are U.S. citizens. Alot of those are native-born citizens.. They disapprove very much of the importation of labor that competes directly with them.

It may seem ironic, but the biggest haters of Mexican immigrants are of Mexican descent themselves.

Mutineer

The people that you claim come here excessively are the ones being exploited for profit. Modern day slavery.

They come here excessively because they are being beckoned,

I don't blame the immigrants, I blame those who enable them.

Everybody who has ever worked a day for somebody else has been "exploited for profit."

MAKAVELI

They come here excessively because they are being beckoned,

I don't blame the immigrants, I blame those who enable them.

Everybody who has ever worked a day for somebody else has been "exploited for profit."
They are being beckoned by those who wish to exploit them. In the case of farm workers it's the big produce companies.

vantexan

They are being beckoned by those who wish to exploit them. In the case of farm workers it's the big produce companies.
The big produce companies don't need millions of new workers. Not much produce being picked in places like NYC anyways. Who do you think will be most affected by all these new people? Poor Americans doing manual labor who also depend on a welfare assistance system that's being overloaded with new recipients.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The people that you claim come here excessively are the ones being exploited for profit. Modern day slavery.
Yes, Democrats have been the perpetrators and supporters of slavery throughout our nation's history, and they continue to this day.

Time to put a stop to Democrats' push for the importation of modern day slave labor, as you said.

MAKAVELI

Yes, Democrats have been the perpetrators and supporters of slavery throughout our nation's history, and they continue to this day.

Time to put a stop to Democrats' push for the importation of modern day slave labor, as you said.
Majority of Farm owners and produce companies are republican. Ttku...

Mutineer

Majority of Farm owners and produce companies are republican. Ttku...

I believe that is mostly true. But definitely not so much for the vineyards and pot farms. I notice the campaign signs on different properties during election cycles.

The bottom line is that for every immigrant that comes here; wages go down, and the rent goes up for citizens.

I've often mused that when unions go on strike, the narrative is that it is acceptable and celebrated for union members to heap hatred and violence towards those who would be scabs. The justification is that "they're just protecting their jobs."

If you are a working class citizen; the borders are your picket line and immigrants are scabs that ALSO severely negatively affect the quality of life in the cities, communities, and neighborhoods they overwhelm.

MAKAVELI

I believe that is mostly true. But definitely not so much for the vineyards and pot farms. I notice the campaign signs on different properties during election cycles.

The bottom line is that for every immigrant that comes here; wages go down, and the rent goes up for citizens.

I've often mused that when unions go on strike, the narrative is that it is acceptable and celebrated for union members to heap hatred and violence towards those who would be scabs. The justification is that "they're just protecting their jobs."

If you are a working class citizen; the borders are your picket line and immigrants are scabs that ALSO severely negatively affect the quality of life in the cities, communities, and neighborhoods they overwhelm.
Ground contractors are the scabs of FedEx.

Mutineer

Ground contractors are the scabs of FedEx.

I have a hard time disagreeing with that. Express people had it OK before the Ground apes came along. I remember lotsa' perky, happy Express people; and more than a few hotties were slinging envelopes for Freddy. My perception of Express was that it was kinda' exclusive and glamorous.

Ground was enabled by upper management critters. "Don't worry, nothing to see here" they said. "They're just taking the heavy, unimportant stuff that nobody wants to do" they said.

And very slowly then suddenly, ALL of FedEx went to crap for almost everybody involved.

Reminds me of an Arab saying of: how does the entire nasty, stinking camel get inside the tent?

He gets in with just the tip of his nose. At first.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
When I hired in at express in 97 we had excellent benefits. Your raises were based off performance reviews and we still had a basic skills test. Most everyone I worked with had a college degree or were just out of the military like myself. I had pride and wanted to do a great job and hoped the company would one day become like ups. I still do a good job and it’s embarrassing to see the company in its current form today. We’re looking like a third rate company and the psp philosophy has gone out the window. I don’t see it getting any better and in the next couple of years you won’t recognize the company we all once admired. 🪦
Yes, it’s really turned into a pile of :censored2:, hasn’t it?