Indeed job offer Ground 140.00 a day no benefits

bacha29

In order for this needless and dumb multi route contractor setup to succeed it has to find an operational economy someplace. In the case of FXG it's found in driver compensation. The rates and settlements FXG pays contractors is based on a overall compensation that's only about 60% of what the average UPS driver gets. And that $140 a day is the pay standard. Only trouble is is that it hasn't changed in nearly a decade.

In addition as was noted earlier the job is a joint killer. Knees, hip joints, shoulder just about every stress point in the body gives out sooner or later. This is where the lack of a benefit package comes in to play.

In the case of IWBF who is a share cropper contractor who pays by the stop and box it ramps up the physical beating even more.
At the terminal I was at the main contractor pays his guys $155 a day plus a modest employer funded benefit plan. Tell you right now that individual is paying the guy running the route everything the route makes just to get him to do it.

Gone fishin

In order for this needless and dumb multi route contractor setup to succeed it has to find an operational economy someplace. In the case of FXG it's found in driver compensation. The rates and settlements FXG pays contractors is based on a overall compensation that's only about 60% of what the average UPS driver gets. And that $140 a day is the pay standard. Only trouble is is that it hasn't changed in nearly a decade.

In addition as was noted earlier the job is a joint killer. Knees, hip joints, shoulder just about every stress point in the body gives out sooner or later. This is where the lack of a benefit package comes in to play.

In the case of IWBF who is a share cropper contractor who pays by the stop and box it ramps up the physical beating even more.
At the terminal I was at the main contractor pays his guys $155 a day plus a modest employer funded benefit plan. Tell you right now that individual is paying the guy running the route everything the route makes just to get him to do it.
What they found in my area is that the ground secret is out , people know the job and what it’s about. That’s why it fails. It’s always short staffed and the people that stay for awhile are already looking for the new job.
There’s no reason for a bunch of people breaking their backs to make one guy rich.

yadig

When I hired in at express in 97 we had excellent benefits. Your raises were based off performance reviews and we still had a basic skills test. Most everyone I worked with had a college degree or were just out of the military like myself. I had pride and wanted to do a great job and hoped the company would one day become like ups. I still do a good job and it’s embarrassing to see the company in its current form today. We’re looking like a third rate company and the psp philosophy has gone out the window. I don’t see it getting any better and in the next couple of years you won’t recognize the company we all once admired. 🪦

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
When I hired in at express in 97 we had excellent benefits. Your raises were based off performance reviews and we still had a basic skills test. Most everyone I worked with had a college degree or were just out of the military like myself. I had pride and wanted to do a great job and hoped the company would one day become like ups. I still do a good job and it’s embarrassing to see the company in its current form today. We’re looking like a third rate company and the psp philosophy has gone out the window. I don’t see it getting any better and in the next couple of years you won’t recognize the company we all once admired. 🪦
Sounds like UPS, too.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It’s just reality. If this contractor isn’t finding workers he’ll raise his rates. You guys can list all the jobs you think are better, but that doesn’t change reality. He’s competing for workers in a labor market like every other employer. You do that by offering as little as necessary to get the job done. You don’t overpay what the market dictates because a bunch of mouth breathers on the internet believe their labor is special and more valuable.
I found where IWBF gets his employees. Military rejects!

IMG_20230604_154208183_HDR.jpg

Mutineer

It’s just reality. If this contractor isn’t finding workers he’ll raise his rates. You guys can list all the jobs you think are better, but that doesn’t change reality. He’s competing for workers in a labor market like every other employer. You do that by offering as little as necessary to get the job done. You don’t overpay what the market dictates because a bunch of mouth breathers on the internet believe their labor is special and more valuable.

I absolutely agree with you on that. But a notion comes to mind:

If you think that paying enough money in order to hire honest, intelligent people is expensive; watch what happens when you offer less and can only attract thieves and idiots.

I'm sure you can reflect on that and agree somewhat.

It will be fine

I absolutely agree with you on that. But a notion comes to mind:

If you think that paying enough money in order to hire honest, intelligent people is expensive; watch what happens when you offer less and can only attract thieves and idiots.

I'm sure you can reflect on that and agree somewhat.
Agreed. The quality of applicants has been going down. It’s hard to tell the exact cause though. The youth today are entitled, weak losers that have no interest in supporting themselves. The wages that aren’t even coming close to keeping up with inflation are not helping, but I’m not entirely convinced higher wages would change the applicant pool that much. The job still sucks regardless of pay.

Mutineer

Agreed. The quality of applicants has been going down. It’s hard to tell the exact cause though. The youth today are entitled, weak losers that have no interest in supporting themselves. The wages that aren’t even coming close to keeping up with inflation are not helping, but I’m not entirely convinced higher wages would change the applicant pool that much. The job still sucks regardless of pay.

I think lowered goals and expectations has alot to to with it. For example:

When I turned 18 and graduated HS, I was able to get out of the house (the ink on the diploma wasn't dry) and become independent without crawling back home.

I barely did it. I had alot of ugly, stressful, humiliating, disappointing experiences and harsh lessons.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that in my area of California it is impossible for young adults today to duplicate what I did then under the same means and circumstances. I very much pity them. There are college-degreed, credentialed professionals who struggle to find housing to rent in my area.

When such a simple goal isn't realistic or tangible anyways, why bother working hard and improving one's self?

yadig

When I turned 18 and graduated HS, I was able to get out of the house (the ink on the diploma wasn't dry) and become independent without crawling back home.

I barely did it. I had alot of ugly, stressful, humiliating, disappointing experiences and harsh lessons.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that in my area of California it is impossible for young adults today to duplicate what I did then under the same means and circumstances. I very much pity them. There are college-degreed, credentialed professionals who struggle to find housing to rent in my area.

When such a simple goal isn't realistic or tangible anyways, why bother working hard and improving one's self?
The Mexicans coming across the border are doing it.

It will be fine

I disagree that simply affording housing is an unrealistic goal. When I started on my own I lived with multiple roommates, I ate ramen or beans and rice regularly. It’s what you do to afford rent and live. It’s also a motivator to make more money so you don’t have to live like that. I hire way too many kids that still live at home and mom still makes their food and does their laundry. These people are not motivated.
Every year I’m signing employment verification forms for some of my guys for their mortgage lenders. They are working extra shifts to save for down payments. The money is there, but the motivation for a lot of these people is not.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I disagree that simply affording housing is an unrealistic goal. When I started on my own I lived with multiple roommates, I ate ramen or beans and rice regularly. It’s what you do to afford rent and live. It’s also a motivator to make more money so you don’t have to live like that. I hire way too many kids that still live at home and mom still makes their food and does their laundry. These people are not motivated.
Every year I’m signing employment verification forms for some of my guys for their mortgage lenders. They are working extra shifts to save for down payments. The money is there, but the motivation for a lot of these people is not.
The money isn’t at FedEx ground, that’s for damn sure. Only the pimp contractor makes money.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Shades of 1984! The swine have become the masters they rebelled against! It is now their turn to exploit their brethren in order to protect their ascendancy to power and comfort!

Congratulations, you are now officially a Capitalist Pig!

FedexCares

Forget a house at that rate you won’t even be able to afford an apt. I live smack dab in the middle of flyover country in the Midwest in one of the most affordable real estate areas in the country and apts are leasing for 1100-1300 a month even here. 140 a day is less then 500 take home a week most likely after taxes, I guess this job is meant for high school kids living at home still.

It will be fine

Shades of 1984! The swine have become the masters they rebelled against! It is now their turn to exploit their brethren in order to protect their ascendancy to power and comfort!

Congratulations, you are now officially a Capitalist Pig!
I think you mean Animal Farm. The rest of your post is just strange ramblings, so not terribly surprising you got the book wrong too.

MAKAVELI

Ok Boomer times have changed. Ttku....

zeev

Employees are to blame for their greed also they expect to be treated fairly without paying for representation at the bargaining table. The pilots knew a long time ago who they were dealing with and prepared themselves accordingly Freddy has been making the rounds on the media prepare for the coming storm.

It will be fine

Ok Boomer times have changed. Ttku....
With that type of victimhood attitude I think it might be even easier for kids with ambition these days. So many youth have convinced themselves the system is rigged so they shouldn’t even try that the path is wide open for the few that actually want to succeed.