Indeed job offer Ground 140.00 a day no benefits

bacha29

Once again from a contractor's perspective it still comes down to the same to facts.
1. You're only as good as the strength of the economy of the area you service.
2. A continuous and abundant supply of cheap labor .

From the contractor employed driver's perspective it's simply a question of how long you can withstand the physical beating and what will become of you when you can no longer do so.

Now IWBF proclaimed that $140 a day to be a fair wage but in the context of a 6-7 hour day. Sure in the Boston Metro area where he's at....but out in the rural areas.....figure on 10...if the day goes good.

When you look at how the armed forces continue to miss recruitment goals and 10,000 Boomers a day packing it in it would appear that manpower shortage will be a multi year problem .
In fact in December I saw something I never saw before. It was a public request for resumes from people with degrees in psychology and related disciplines. It was from none other than the Behavioral Sciences Division of the Federal Bureau Of Investigation. If the FBI of all people has to go out and beat the bushes looking for people it indeed must be getting really tough.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I made between $1000 and $1200 per week delivering pizzas in Athens, GA………. In 1998!
It’s murder on your vehicle but you can make decent money doing it.
I was a salesman in a retail store before UPS. Commission sales. 6% Before they cut it down to 3% and min. wage.
In one 12 hour day, I sold $14,000 worth of lawn tractors, mowers, chainsaws, etc.
$840.00 in 1977 in one day. Using the inflation calculator, it is $4,205.00 in todays money.
I was 20 years old and s:censored2:tin' in high cotton.

Lates

If ground can’t staff they will pay more but aren’t going to till they have to. They pay 160 a day in my area and are even nice enough to let you have a week off after a year.

cosis

What's sad is I started at 20.60 an hour in 1999 at a entry level computer job that required no skill. Almost 25 years later the starting rate for delivery drivers is lower, and the cost of everything is way up. Find a job that pay's you your worth.

Serf

A good driver can probably finish in 6-7 hrs, $20/hr seems fine. They’ll get people to apply.
I love your eternal optimism. College kids can work as car jockeys & porters at dealerships and make more an hour with comprehensive benefits packages. Not needing hip replacements at 46. 🤣

It will be fine

I love your eternal optimism. College kids can work as car jockeys & porters at dealerships and make more an hour with comprehensive benefits packages. Not needing hip replacements at 46. 🤣
It’s just reality. If this contractor isn’t finding workers he’ll raise his rates. You guys can list all the jobs you think are better, but that doesn’t change reality. He’s competing for workers in a labor market like every other employer. You do that by offering as little as necessary to get the job done. You don’t overpay what the market dictates because a bunch of mouth breathers on the internet believe their labor is special and more valuable.