interview today

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Iggyiam, May 20, 2008.

1. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

@ 11.30pm weeeee

2. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Good luck!!!! Let us know

3. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

Which one is t he guard shack?

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My guess is neither one--the guard shack is usually out by the entrance to the facility just off the road.

5. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

6. MonavieLeaker

Click gthat link again and look for gthe yellow lines leading into a building....they lead to the shack..also you need to stay on pritchard and make a right onto westside industrial drive then a right onto james e casey dr and go down till the road ends and turn left before the fence

7. MonavieLeaker

The "A" building is carwash..and the "B" building is the customer counter......The road that runs right by the customer counter goes to the guard shack...just make a left and gown down

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  8. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

well i went to the interview i must say wow about some of the loading in there lol . As far as second interview they told me comeback tommarow at 7pm

9. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

hey what up with the trucks having the weights handing in the front

10. MonavieLeaker

Its to keep the shifters from running over and damaging packages

11. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

lol i saw like a super old school ups truck there it was taller then all others and big lol i like the whole concept of a gaurd ""Shack"

12. ImpactedTSG

ImpactedTSG New Member

They are also magnetized so they pick up nails and such that can damage tires.

13. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

do i get to choose if i load/unload?

14. Homoudont

Homoudont New Member

It depends on the facility.. In our small center You go to Feeder unload unless your a female.. If your a female you usually start at the sort.. then quickly move to loading. I was only in feeder unload 2-3 days before I was moved to a load position, and the guy before me was there a week. But I've seen people in feeder unload for 6 months before they got moved.

15. MonavieLeaker

Not sure if its changed but when I started in 2000 we got to choose between load/unload

16. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

yeah its just the all the zips that seems overwhelming.

17. tritese

tritese tritese

do not let the zips imtimidate you.....you learn it by doing it!! you only have to learn trailers you load, then all of them on your pd.....unless, you want to be a primary sorter after you get seniority.....i wouldn't want to lift packages over my head......don't sweat the small stuff....just get the job and see where you will be working......

18. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

And all the zips are alphabetical

19. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

now this is getting anoying i got to drive up there AGAIN tommarow there goes a tank of gas btw today was a waist of my time i dident even meet the person who i was supposed to get with. and it was the same crap as last night-the tour

20. tritese

tritese tritese

be patient, i know it sucks but i think the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing......it is a poor excuse for an HR department of a multi-billion dollar a year company.....by the way, they were all once management!!