Is big brother UPS watching?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

They were LIB's that were scanned in the building and delivered on my way home. I would call the OMS clerk after I dropped off the last one and have him/her change my punch out time.

Our new center manager does not let us do this anymore.
He can't let you do that both of you would be fired for dishonesty not scanning package in front of bldg........they walk drivers off property in my bldg for that

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He can't let you do that both of you would be fired for dishonesty not scanning package in front of bldg........they walk drivers off property in my bldg for that

Happens sometimes as a special favor for a customer when UPS has screwed up the first attempt. Otherwise they will get it the next day.

PT is right. One of them was NDA medication for a neighbor in my condo complex. The driver chose not to DR it even though it did not require an autograph. I saw the package sitting at the end of the belt, explained the situation to my on-car and told him I would run it off on my way home.

W....it is called customer service, something that has been lacking of late with our company. The LIB's that I run off are all residentials that do not require an autograph.

As I said, this is not an issue anymore as our new center manager put a stop to this practice.

10 point

For the love of pete...it is NOT a camera. It is NOT a light sensor. It's an infrared (IR) receiver for an optional remote control.

fpcttx.jpg
We called the Weldex rep out east and he told us it was illegal for the company to film or record us without permission. It would still be a condition if employment that has not been negotiated by the Union.
But, this monitor is multiple camera capable unlike the last one we had.

Oddly enough, the model number on the back of mine says "UPSW".

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

PT is right. One of them was NDA medication for a neighbor in my condo complex. The driver chose not to DR it even though it did not require an autograph. I saw the package sitting at the end of the belt, explained the situation to my on-car and told him I would run it off on my way home.

W....it is called customer service, something that has been lacking of late with our company. The LIB's that I run off are all residentials that do not require an autograph.

As I said, this is not an issue anymore as our new center manager put a stop to this practice.
I am all for customer service........it seems like ups has forgot that...........I agree I would get that person the medicine......I would even dig through my load at Christmas and del someone's meds with airs but ups has a prob with breaking trace for that.....I had a sup tell me I should be fired on a ride because I took 2 steps into an apt held the door with my foot to put a 30lb box of meds on a 90 year old women's table because she couldn't lift it

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We called the Weldex rep out east and he told us it was illegal for the company to film or record us without permission. It would still be a condition if employment that has not been negotiated by the Union.
But, this monitor is multiple camera capable unlike the last one we had.

Oddly enough, the model number on the back of mine says "UPSW".
The W probably stands for Weldex. This model was likely customized for the company.

PT Car Washer

I am all for customer service........it seems like ups has forgot that...........I agree I would get that person the medicine......I would even dig through my load at Christmas and del someone's meds with airs but ups has a prob with breaking trace for that.....I had a sup tell me I should be fired on a ride because I took 2 steps into an apt held the door with my foot to put a 30lb box of meds on a 90 year old women's table because she couldn't lift it
Your sup is an idiot. But his job is to evaluate and correct your job performance.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It is a routine practice here. No dishonesty involved. Its not a good idea because of insurance and liability issues in regards to the driver delivering out of his personal vehicle, but it is not dishonest because there is no intent to defraud the company or falsify documents and it is being done in an open and transparent manner. I have done it a couple of times myself under extreme circumstances.

10 point

The W probably stands for Weldex. This model was likely customized for the company.
And "the top Labor Manager in our area told the local BA that they're all generic (mass produced) monitors".
I was told the Sysco drivers (represented by the Teamsters) have cameras in the cab and they're using them for disciplinary evidence when cell ph usage occurs as the trucks are being driven.

A Sysco driver described that practice and what happened when a driver was observed using the phone while driving.

PT Car Washer

It is a routine practice here. No dishonesty involved. Its not a good idea because of insurance and liability issues in regards to the driver delivering out of his personal vehicle, but it is not dishonest because there is no intent to defraud the company or falsify documents and it is being done in an open and transparent manner. I have done it a couple of times myself under extreme circumstances.
A few times I have had to use my Ranger to deliver NDA during extreme times (nothing else available). Contract states that when an employee uses their own vehicle to deliver, UPS takes on all liability.

soberups

In my center we had 2 drivers walked off for dishonesty for not sheeting pkgs at address on label......customers saw it was del on cpu and were home waiting for it
Then there was something else involved.
A few times I have had to use my Ranger to deliver NDA during extreme times (nothing else available). Contract states that when an employee uses their own vehicle to deliver, UPS takes on all liability.
Liability only, not comprehensive or collision insurance. And your personal insurance wont cover damage incurred while the vehicle is being used for commercial purposes. So if you owe $20K on a new car and you total it while delivering packages, you are kinda screwed.

PT Car Washer

Liability only, not comprehensive or collision insurance. And your personal insurance wont cover damage incurred while the vehicle is being used for commercial purposes. So if you owe $20K on a new car and you total it while delivering packages, you are kinda screwed.
Owe 20K on a new car? Are you kidding? My house only cost 20 K. Just a PT Car Washer.

HubBub

Just keep the cameras in the cab area. I take so many wizzes in the cargo area after an energy drink or two, i imagine the company would be looking at a lot of lawsuits for invasion of privacy in the cargo area. Unless they want us to stop weeing in bottles and driving miles off trace instead. Yep it's gross, and yep I'm a productive employee. Yay pee bottles :(

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The dishonesty is your scanning a package at the bldg as del and then going on the honor system about how long it took.......guys got walked off for the scanning of pkgs not in front of address when he knew the place was closed on Mondays.....driver had no disipline history and never filed grievances.......Lp said how did you know that time the customer didn't come in just for that pkg........the other guys called a pu on the phone they said they had nothing and he stop completed the stop not to drive across town and he got walked off.........I wish I was making this stuff up

soberups

The dishonesty is your scanning a package at the bldg as del and then going on the honor system about how long it took.......guys got walked off for the scanning of pkgs not in front of address when he knew the place was closed on Mondays.....driver had no disipline history and never filed grievances.......Lp said how did you know that time the customer didn't come in just for that pkg........the other guys called a pu on the phone they said they had nothing and he stop completed the stop not to drive across town and he got walked off.........I wish I was making this stuff up
You are comparing apples to oranges.

What we are talking about is drivers delivering residential packages on their way home, in their personal cars, with the OMS and center team's full knowledge and participation and in front an office full of witnesses. It is a routine occurrence and an accepted practice here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Neither of those two are the same as what we are talking about here.

Your first example could have been avoided had the driver listed the stop as a known closed holiday and had all packages for that stop held.

Your second example clearly shows a driver not following proper pickup methods.

Neither of those examples warrants a termination.