Is Doing Ups Delivery Driving Worth The Money ?

Cowboy Mac

Gives us room to negotiate, but we often get it.

You have to know how to load 'em to deliver 'em. ;)

It's in our supplement. If supervisor was working for less than 2 hours, employee is entitled to double time.

If 2 or more hours, employee gets 4 hours straight pay or double time for all time supervisor worked, whichever is greater.

proyer

I'm 46, hired off the street 2 years ago, I'm still a cover driver but know enough routes to keep me busy and make over 50k and love my job. This is the best, easiest job I've ever had; al you need to do is drive and deliver, pretty simple.

Cowboy Mac

It's in our supplement. If supervisor was working for less than 2 hours, employee is entitled to double time.

If 2 or more hours, employee gets 4 hours straight pay or double time for all time supervisor worked, whichever is greater.

My mistake, it's actually in the NMA, Article 3 section 7(d)

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I'm 46, hired off the street 2 years ago, I'm still a cover driver but know enough routes to keep me busy and make over 50k and love my job. This is the best, easiest job I've ever had; al you need to do is drive and deliver, pretty simple.
Get back to us in about 10 yrs...46.. Ouch

Foamer Pyle

The job is not stressful unless you bring attention to yourself. The job itself is easy once you learn the different routes however, the physical aspects of it can really wear you down. The top rate in my local will be 36.20 plus the 7-10 hrs OT I average/week. Do the math it's good money if you're young & are very patient. You may stay PT for quite some time before you get a shot
Job is not stressful? I never have any heat on me, and I find this job very stressful. The longer I work for the company, the more i realize this company doesn't give a crap about anyone, and management will lie and feed their own kids to the devil to save their own butts. This company does more spying on its employees than China has hackers trying to screw with the U.S.

nystripe96

I sleep well at night, sorry to hear you're stressed out. If you follow the methods and avoid stupid & incriminating actions you shouldn't care who's watching

Rainman

Its all good.
I sleep well at night, sorry to hear you're stressed out. If you follow the methods and avoid stupid & incriminating actions you shouldn't care who's watching
Always work like a Boy Scout, do the right thing, and assume someone is always watching. They probably are.
Avoid fights when possible, but stick up for yourself. You can be easy to get along with without being a doormat. Don't take things personal, and don't let your disagreements/grievances with management go to a personal level, and they won't as likely take it personally when you do grieve. Like you said, don't be stupid and you have little to worry about.

Joelbaker

I think it is if you have no ambitions in life and can't find anything else to do. Just 4 months at ups and it has me reevaluating my life and where I went so wrong. Ups is like a black hole that leads nowhere trying to suck you in with their benefit package and once you're in thats it tomorrow you look in the mirror and you're 55 with a wrinkled face and grey hair then ur dead.

JL 0513

I think it is if you have no ambitions in life and can't find anything else to do. Just 4 months at ups and it has me reevaluating my life and where I went so wrong. Ups is like a black hole that leads nowhere trying to suck you in with their benefit package and once you're in thats it tomorrow you look in the mirror and you're 55 with a wrinkled face and grey hair then ur dead.

I have 2 college degrees and decided driving was the better life. $120K/yr compensation package is a black hole that leads nowhere?

People love to complain about our hours but in reality they aren't much more than the average full timer. Is it the end of the world that we work 5 more hours a week at $52/hr? A majority of salaried workers work more than 45 hrs a week like we do while getting paid for 40. Many "meaningful" careers mean bringing your work home with you. It often means 55 hours a week. Take my brother as an example who did some fast food management. That was a 70+ hour a week gig no overtime pay. Most retail managers work 55-60 hours a week. Do you think CEO's, doctors, and lawyers go home and fully disconnect and relax? Nope.

Joelbaker

I have 2 college degrees and decided driving was the better life. $120K/yr compensation package is a black hole that leads nowhere?

People love to complain about our hours but in reality they aren't much more than the average full timer. Is it the end of the world that we work 5 more hours a week at $52/hr? A majority of salaried workers work more than 45 hrs a week like we do while getting paid for 40. Many "meaningful" careers mean bringing your work home with you. It often means 55 hours a week. Take my brother as an example who did some fast food management. That was a 70+ hour a week gig no overtime pay. Most retail managers work 55-60 hours a week. Do you think CEO's, doctors, and lawyers go home and fully disconnect and relax? Nope.
Idk my driver kinda made me think like this because he started driving when he was 18 now he's 50 and doesn't have much to show for it but finger grip like a tigers claw and horrible back spasms. If I were u I would put those degrees to good use and do something less physical with equal or better pay like an X-ray technician or something but to each his own.

nystripe96

X Ray technicians make meager salaries. I work at my pace & hopefully that will take me through to retirement. The physicality of this job may keep you feeling younger & healthier as long as you follow the methods they impose. I know plenty of 50+ year old drivers that are still going strong. Do some complain? Yes, however that goes with every job nowadays it seems.