January 7, 2010

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stevetheupsguy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Our center is preparing for an incredibly heavy day. Part timers are going to be helping/jumping. Are any of your buildings supposed to get hammered tomorrow?

2. EmerCond421

EmerCond421 Member

Possibly. Our feeder driver said we might have 2 trailers tomorrow. :sad-little:

3. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Every day for the last month and a half.
    Expecting 6 to 8" of snow during the day tomorrow.
    That'll be the biggest hurdle.

4. 29th Christmas

29th Christmas New Member

Yep, this whole week has been just like a year ago--too much work. I've gotta be smarter next year and take this week off in 2011.
    The weather is delightful also,,,1 degree outside and a 15 mph wind :whiteflag:

5. jenniferlynn

jenniferlynn New Member

Expecting a couple of inches of snow here tomorrow. We have a start time of 12:30...normal start time is 2PM...I'm thinkin' it's gonna be a long day...

6. ideliver2u67

ideliver2u67 20 Down

We had a VERY heavy day today. Alot of drivers had missed, as many as 15-40 stops. I looked at tomorrows forcast before I left and it didnt look too bad.

7. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I worked pre-load and drove on Tuesday for 12+ hours, which I haven't had in forever. I've gotten used to being off the clock by 6pm, so much so that I'm way tired as I type this. I've worked past 7pm all this week and am still getting up at 4am to go work out.

8. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

230 loads today clocked out near 6 hours

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Your center prepares?

10. BROWN430

BROWN430 New Member

We were heavy today. Usually only get 3 trailers but had 4 today. Suppose to be heavy tomorrow also 2 to 6 inches of snow. That always helps.

11. DS

DS Fenderbender

It has not slowed down since Christmas here.We scored the amazon.com account from the post office,and it seems the online shopping has become an addiction since the beginning of November.I'm getting too old for this.
    Every day I'm overdispatched by 40 stops at least.I hate calling for help,but I have to to stay under 12 hours.Anything over 8 hrs OT here is like working for the government.:angry:

12. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

We had lots of volume "pushed" through early in case of bad weather. I clocked out after 7:00 last night and at 8:30 tonight! We've used helpers (drivers are filing for it) all week.

13. cachsux

cachsux Wah

We were hitting near peak volume levels earlier in the week so it`s sure to roll downhill to the package ctrs.

14. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

I'm off work tomorrow!!!

15. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Bastid!

16. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Can you send some of that volume out here please? I think next week we will have the driver layoff list posted.

17. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

Ugh that "L" word *shivers*

18. bigbrownhen

bigbrownhen New Member

We had peak volume here today, with snow starting up this afternoon, and continuing through tomorrrow. Most of us had missed pcs(ECS), should be the same deal tomorrow. They wouldn't let us use helpers today, and all available drivers were working.

19. Kman845

Kman845 Member

219 stops today. 70 and sunny. Started 8:30, clocked out 6:33, probably ended up .30 over.

Bring it on.

K

20. terrymac

terrymac New Member

still........... feeder peak............ 2 boxes , one stop