Jimmy Carter, the Conservative!

wkmac

:surprised:

I'm sure there are many here who won't be able to handle this with any degree of meaningful thought and rationale and that just makes posting this that much more fun!

:happy-very:

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I grew up disliking Carter because, well, Republicans should despise him. And we all know that whatever the Republicans say is gospel truth.

It is nice to be all grown up now and finally look at the world the way it is and not the way we are indoctrinated to believe it is.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
I agree our lifestyle (collectively in these United States) is obscene. I think a little common sense is comming about now as things have come crashing down, which was inevitable.

diesel96

:surprised:
In a nation that was proud of hard work, strong families, close-knit communities and our faith in God, too many of us now tend to worship self-indulgence and consumption. Human identity is no longer defined by what one does, but by what one owns.:happy-very:

This quote from the article made me think of this popular, but IMO obnoxious saying:

One who dies with the most toys wins....

Jimmy Carter encompasses all of the "wanna be" traits of a true Conservative, except for one fatal flaw, compassion towards his fellow man.

tieguy

Banned
I grew up disliking Carter because, well, Republicans should despise him. And we all know that whatever the Republicans say is gospel truth.

I'm not sure its fair to discredit the opinions of republicans simply because Carter has gotten old and senile.

This republican lived the carter years economically.
This republican lived the impotence of the carter years militarily.

Since I experienced the application of carters presidency and not his senile ramblings I think I'm justified in shuddering everytime I rethink those years.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Jimmy Carter encompasses all of the "wanna be" traits of a true Conservative, except for one fatal flaw, compassion towards his fellow man.

Now that's funny ... JC as a conservative.
I campaigned for Jimmy in his first run. He turned me from a Democrat to a non-Democrat in his 4 years as president. He was the final nail in the coffin of the Great Democratic party.

There is nothing conservative about Jimmy except his religious views.

The least effective president in the last 50 years.

Bad Gas!

I must agree with The Hoax and Tie....JC is Hugo Chavez"s buddy.>..I guess next Sean Penn will be conservative....LOL

moreluck

golden ticket member
Breaking News: Former President Jimmy Carter Hospitalized in Cleveland

A sick person off a Delta flight turns out to be Carter.....taken from Cleveland Hopkins to Cleveland Clinic.

wkmac

It is nice to be all grown up now and finally look at the world the way it is and not the way we are indoctrinated to believe it is.

Jim,
Don't know what happened to you but you are often thought of and missed!

The article that started the thread proves even more interesting now a year and half later in the Obama adminstration.