Jimmy Hoffa is hitting the campaign trail hard and being received very well.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Now that you worded it that way. Your original post suggested to me that Jr. is only 50 years old with lots of energy. If I was 75 and worth over two million dollars, I would retire.

LeadBelly

Banned
Now that you worded it that way. Your original post suggested to me that Jr. is only 50 years old with lots of energy. If I was 75 and worth over two million dollars, I would retire.
He loves unionism. He has passion. You are devoted to something that you possibly have passion about. Surely you understand working or making something your life's work? Having Jimmy Hoffa here gets us into so many doors that we would not get into as easily without him.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't seen any of the candidates out campaigning this year in Atlanta like in years past. My Hub is a couple of mile South of the Atlanta Airport and usually all of the candidates drop by to meet us before we walk through the guard shack. I've meet Hoffa, Hall, Zuckerman, Pope, and several others. Maybe they came by on one of my off days, nobody mentioned to me seeing them. Most members really don't keep up with union politics and are clueless about them.

LeadBelly

Banned
Why bother? We all voted the Fred slate in my local. He should save his energy for a job search.
If you really understood how many people actually vote in your local and how you can't take their word on it you would understand. You have little experience in this theater.

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned
I haven't seen any of the candidates out campaigning this year in Atlanta like in years past. My Hub is a couple of mile South of the Atlanta Airport and usually all of the candidates drop by to meet us before we walk through the guard shack. I've meet Hoffa, hall, Z, Pope, and several others. Maybe they came by on one of my off days, nobody mentioned to me seeing them. Most members really don't keep up with union politics and are clueless about them.
Hoffa was in your city yesterday with one of your business agents. Could i possibly pm you the proof with a picture?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not to beat a dead horse but you have mentioned that your pension tops out in January.

Any thoughts?

You are beating a dead horse. I wish Hoffa/Hall had negotiated a better pension for me, they have failed. We get $3900 a month in these parts. While I can retire this moment if I wish, I choose to make twice that by still enjoying my gravy route. I am continuing to research retirement options, I will go when I feel the time is right.