Just violated DOT what to expect now?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Because he said he got a warning letter for not doing a 34 hour reset, he did not get one for violating HOS.

If he violated HOS, I'm sure he would have gotten a warning letter for that.

If he wasn't talking about violating HOS, why did he give us details of all the hours and times worked, hours available and things like that?. Those are irrelevant to having a reset.

I've also never work for a manager I would throw such a hissy fit I would not getting reset. Either way, I'm sure this person has learned their lesson about hours of service. :-)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If he wasn't talking about violating HOS, why did he give us details of all the hours and times worked, hours available and things like that?

Maybe because he also has no idea either? But, yes, he did violate if he worked more than 4.80 hours on Monday. But his supposed warning letter said something different.

Last week the company got permission to run 70. Just saw you were under the 70 and move on with your life

Incorrect.

Each center needs to authorize the 70 hour rule for their drivers. Apparently, his center is still operating under the 60 hour rule. And, by the way, so is mine.

8rogan

Maybe because he also has no idea either? But, yes, he did violate if he worked more than 4.80 hours on Monday. But his supposed warning letter said something different.

Incorrect.

Each center needs to authorize the 70 hour rule for their drivers. Apparently, his center is still operating under the 60 hour rule. And, by the way, so is mine.

correct, we are waiting to get the go on 70. All the centers around us go the okay, but we are supposedly next. Also haven’t gotten my letter yet, taking the hint that I’m not being terminated based off of them asking me if I can work Saturday and early Monday again with a long week ahead lol

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
correct, we are waiting to get the go on 70. All the centers around us go the okay, but we are supposedly next. Also haven’t gotten my letter yet, taking the hint that I’m not being terminated based off of them asking me if I can work Saturday and early Monday again with a long week ahead lol

You're not being terminated. Worst case scenario is that you do get that warning letter, which you should grieve, because I don't think your Center Manager has a clue.

8rogan

You're not being terminated. Worst case scenario is that you do get that warning letter, which you should grieve, because I don't think your Center Manager has a clue.

Got a letter today and oddly enough my cover sheet I signed a year ago expired so my check was $2300 as a preloader. Considering framing my letter with a pay stub to keep them on my wall