Killing a route as a cover driver

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
OMG how romantic, screw work. We all need that romance in our lives. Kudos to those that have it. I want to go back to the 70s and 80s I have been listening to "music" from then on an OLDIES station, and realizing how happy I was then though broke.

Re-Raise

I'm a cover driver. The guy who's route I'm covering normally goes out with 90-100 stops (100 is a heavy day for him) on a very rural area. I'm going out with around 120+ (140 was the most) and coming in WELL before he does. Like, several hours before him. I dont even feel like I'm working all that fast. Is there anything I should be looking out for? I really dont think I could move any slower than I am now. Is this how the you make enemies with your union "brothers"?
So you aren't trying to brag here? You are asking questions that you need us to answer?

Get over yourself rookie. The guys who you think care when you get done have already made 100s of thousands of dollars more than you have delivering packages.

Why would they be jealous of some kid who will be delivering for years while they are sitting at home collecting their pension checks? Seriously ... Why would they care?

MethodsMan

Maybe I just dont realize im making less money by working faster. I came from making $11 an hour in pre load to making a ton more and im fine with what im making now in the amount of time it takes me to complete. Whatever. It seems to have rustled some seniors' feathers.

There's crotchety old guys in every center. If you haven't noticed yet (you're kind of new) this place has its fair share of those types.

I've always come from the mindset that everyone should worry about themselves. Not what others are doing. Probably why I give a rats ass what others think of me.

Last edited:
I remember the back of my old Town Car...I could lie down and not hit the hit with my feet! Yeah banging in a Hyundai is a tight fit....it'll leave a few bruises for sure! lol
My mom,borrowed my Caprice.
Came home home and said, why do you have footprints on your windshield?

I said I dont know?

Half hour later. she came back and smacked me,upside my head.

Lmao

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Maybe I just dont realize im making less money by working faster. I came from making $11 an hour in pre load to making a ton more and im fine with what im making now in the amount of time it takes me to complete. Whatever. It seems to have rustled some seniors' feathers.

UPS rewards your work with high pay. They will also "reward" you for getting done fast by loading more stops on you the next time around...because that makes them more money in the long run. Slow down, the packages will be there tomorrow and the day after that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Then you also remember driving over that black cord that went ding-ding and someone would come out and pump that 25 cent gas for you
I remember my dad bought me a tank of gas every week, 5 bucks, and I had to know how to pump my own, change my oil, and a tire, and how to set points with a feeler gauge, (if I recall, it was .030 for my 66 comet) before I could go out on my own, brutal he was. Good job DAD.