Law Enforcement > UPS

username1

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some questions answered that I am sure I will have.

Just finished 10 years in law enforcement, a little too close to the George Floyd incident. I spent my summer working (GF) overtime getting frozen water bottles and fireworks launched at me and getting shot at, watching stores getting looted and burned down with Molotov cocktails. Got cleared from OIS incidents and decided I am done with it. Left the career I loved and decided to pursue the one I have eyed for a long time. I respect unions and am driven to the UPS uniformed professionalism. Look forward to seeing smiles when I knock on a door and not kicking them in!

My local UPS hub is within biking distance and decided to apply. To the seasoned VET UPS drivers, make sure you are sitting down, but I got hired as a PVD. I get you absolutely despise them based on this forum and did my research before I applied. I get it, and understand the union tension, but it saved my life and I appreciate the opportunity. If you're a driver at my hub and want the overtime, I'll have "vehicle problems" before I get instructed to help you. If you are a driver that wants to get home to the family, I'll be there to help you out.

After this seasonal job ends, I will gladly do A.M package handling and be initiated into the union and gain seniority to grow into a FT driver job.

I've done two days now of PVD and have enjoyed it, my supervisor is awesome and my experience is different than I expected. Surprisingly, I just received my employee id after working two days and just finished the online training "orientation training" tonight. I learned during the workplace violence training that you should "not look the suspect in the eye" and retreat to a position to call 911....yup okay!

Thanks for the approval, and thanks in advance for the knowledge here!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully get some questions answered that I am sure I will have.

Just finished 10 years in law enforcement, a little too close to the George Floyd incident. I spent my summer working (GF) overtime getting frozen water bottles and fireworks launched at me and getting shot at, watching stores getting looted and burned down with Molotov cocktails. Got cleared from OIS incidents and decided I am done with it. Left the career I loved and decided to pursue the one I have eyed for a long time. I respect unions and am driven to the UPS uniformed professionalism. Look forward to seeing smiles when I knock on a door and not kicking them in!

My local UPS hub is within biking distance and decided to apply. To the seasoned VET UPS drivers, make sure you are sitting down, but I got hired as a PVD. I get you absolutely despise them based on this forum and did my research before I applied. I get it, and understand the union tension, but it saved my life and I appreciate the opportunity. If you're a driver at my hub and want the overtime, I'll have "vehicle problems" before I get instructed to help you. If you are a driver that wants to get home to the family, I'll be there to help you out.

After this seasonal job ends, I will gladly do A.M package handling and be initiated into the union and gain seniority to grow into a FT driver job.

I've done two days now of PVD and have enjoyed it, my supervisor is awesome and my experience is different than I expected. Surprisingly, I just received my employee id after working two days and just finished the online training "orientation training" tonight. I learned during the workplace violence training that you should "not look the suspect in the eye" and retreat to a position to call 911....yup okay!

I would like to thank you for being one of the brave ones putting themselves out front and center against the idiots burning down and looting our cities. I’m sorry for you guys having to deal with all that.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Hey all,

First off, thank you for your service.

Nope, turns out, that's pretty much all I got to say. :)

Good luck, brother. Be safe out there.
Put your time in, and you'll be an RPCD before you know it.

username1

Have you considered relocating? Many communities are still pro law enforcement.
Yes, we spent a lot of time contemplating that idea. It is tough to relocate when you have a freshman in high school playing football and a 13-year-old girl. I gave that job way more than I intended to give it and wasn't going to let it dictate where my family lived. Tough climate to relocate as a police officer when you"re coming from certain departments and have been involved in shooting incidents, even if you are cleared criminally. It's all political.

JJinVA

Really appreciate your service to society. I dont know how you were able to hang in there as long as you did! I'd be shooting people on day one, half an hour out of training lol. I dont have the patience for the bullsh--. Not to mention all the stand down orders coming from sh--ty politicians tying your hands.

But seriously, I hope you catch a break and get pulled on as a 22.4 or even a RPCD. Lots of retired military at my center and they always pull their own weight. Great ppl to have out there in the field.

username1

@JJinVA

Thanks for the kind words and motivation. Glad I got out when I did, and there are many more good people in society then the clowns that run their mouths. I and am enjoying my time at UPS. I'd love either 22.4 or RPCD! I'll keep grinding everyday. Stay safe out there!

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
A lot of my family is in law enforcement and we worry about them on a daily bases.
Sorry you had to experience and take the blame for actions other do.

Hope you enjoy the transition.

username1

@60lbBagofdogfood

HUGE thank you to your family members for their sacrifices and dedication. I pray they stay safe and I don't care if I'm driving my personal vehicle or a package car if I see a guy or gal in blue in trouble I'm making a quick stop...

All the RPCDs at my hub have been awesome! The joking and humor at the end of the night makes me feel like I'm back in roll call! Stay safe and take care brother!

Indecisi0n

I would like to thank you for being one of the brave ones putting themselves out front and center against the idiots burning down and looting our cities. I’m sorry for you guys having to deal with all that.
He probably looks a lot hotter in his police uniform as oppose to the brown one.

A friend told me .

ManInBrown

Hey all,

Best of luck. You won’t be knocking on many doors and seeing smiles. The only time you would wait for a homeowner would be a sig required package.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Welcome to the company. You can make whatever you want to make of yourself here. Hard work and perseverance will reward you. I started out as a PT'er sweeping floors and cleaning toilets. Last 30 years in feeders.

dwayne2010

Hey all,

Hey brother same here. 5 year LEO just got out and been waiting on a driver position with ups for 7 months. Got the call 2 days ago and start driver school in 2 weeks. Very great info as well. I have two twin girls on the way and today’s law enforcement climate is to crazy to continue. I’m so blessed to be working for ups. Glad to see another officer in here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey brother same here. 5 year LEO just got out and been waiting on a driver position with ups for 7 months. Got the call 2 days ago and start driver school in 2 weeks. Very great info as well. I have two twin girls on the way and today’s law enforcement climate is to crazy to continue. I’m so blessed to be working for ups. Glad to see another officer in here.

he must have washed out hasn’t been back since November

Poop Head

Judge me.
This job can be very unfulfilling.