Layoffs in I.S.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anybody got any news on the I.S. people in CRA that were given notice to either find a job within UPS or they would be terminated? Their deadline should be getting close.

M

Mahwah-aha-aha

heard they were all placed in other positions within I.S.

Yes, true. Some took lower level / different positions (e.g., Lead Business Systems Analyst to an Intermediate Business Systems Analyst). Keep the same salary for one year, then gets re-adjusted if too far off the control point.

All took other positions though and nobody took the "severance" package that was offered.

There is a good deal of scrutiny on people's levels / jobs / competencies. Several folks have been re-classified into different job families. This is a good thing since we should not be paying people for doing something for which they are not capable. This re-classification effort is continuing.

There are also several "rumored" App Manager and Sys Manager moves in the offing. The "Jack Wang" slot still needs to be confirmed as well (which will drive some of the other moves). Supposed to be announced officially in the next two weeks.

R

ramsey500

Perhaps the App Mgr in Mo'town Billing will retire and the App Mgr from Ramsey G&A will take her place. The new guy JW should then slot in as App Mgr in Ramsey. It's about time we got some new blood in high places.

H

He isn't even 50 yet

Hey Ramsey,

like the others have told you...he isn't going anywhere and we Love having him as our Portfolio Mgr. I also know he turns 50 this year. He will not leave until 55 or after. Get with it. Our picnic was great and he approved it !!!!

are you in Ramsey or Motown ?? JW ?? who is this person ??

R

ramsey500

Hey Ramsey,

like the others have told you...he isn't going anywhere and we Love having him as our Portfolio Mgr. I also know he turns 50 this year. He will not leave until 55 or after. Get with it. Our picnic was great and he approved it !!!!

are you in Ramsey or Motown ?? JW ?? who is this person ??

--do you know the difference between a Portfolio Manager and an Application Manager?? DS is a Portfolio Manager and nothing was mentioned about him retiring. Wake up and stop being so defensive. DS is not the problem.

And the new guy JW is an APPLICATIONS MANAGER hired from the outside. It's time you crawled out from behind the rock and payed attention instead of talking about how great the picnic was!

And what the heck does the picnic have to do with anything anyway?? What's next on your list of hot topics, the United Way car wash and dunk tank??

N

new voice

Perhaps the App Mgr in Mo'town Billing will retire and the App Mgr from Ramsey G&A will take her place. The new guy JW should then slot in as App Mgr in Ramsey. It's about time we got some new blood in high places.

be careful what you wish for.....JW's specialty is Global sourcing to China

R

Ramsey batman

--do you know the difference between a Portfolio Manager and an Application Manager?? DS is a Portfolio Manager and nothing was mentioned about him retiring. Wake up and stop being so defensive. DS is not the problem.

And the new guy JW is an APPLICATIONS MANAGER hired from the outside. It's time you crawled out from behind the rock and payed attention instead of talking about how great the picnic was!

And what the heck does the picnic have to do with anything anyway?? What's next on your list of hot topics, the United Way car wash and dunk tank??

Mr. X-Ramsey now Motown you know everything, who is a problem, who is not, what needs to happen and so on. You have opinions and no one cares what you think, not even people on Brown Cafe.....you bash everyone.. big L....

R

ramsey500

Mr. X-Ramsey now Motown you know everything, who is a problem, who is not, what needs to happen and so on. You have opinions and no one cares what you think, not even people on Brown Cafe.....you bash everyone.. big L....

Hey Ramsey batman. you have no clue what you are talking about, I am not x-ramsey. I am ramsey now, and will be for another couple of years. In fact, didn't I see you at the Cafe the other day? (damn shame Denise left) I was the one with the Dockers on, eating lunch with a few friends, when you passed by with Robin.

Exactly who was I bashing? I said DS WAS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Bringing in JW makes perfect sense---didn't DS make a visit to China recently? in 5 years you won't recognize G&A.

now please go back to the bat cave and get some sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Ramsey batman

Hey Ramsey batman. you have no clue what you are talking about, I am not x-ramsey. I am ramsey now, and will be for another couple of years. In fact, didn't I see you at the Cafe the other day? (damn shame Denise left) I was the one with the Dockers on, eating lunch with a few friends, when you passed by with Robin.

Bringing in JW makes perfect sense---didn't DS make a visit to China recently? in 5 years you won't recognize G&A.

Who is Denise? People eat lunch at the Cafe? DS did not visit China. Last time I looked Singapore was not China. It just shows how smart you are. I do not think DS brought JW. How many more lies can you spread? I think the mistake people, including me, are making on this site that everybody is somewhat intelligent and/or has "common" sense. not you.....

M

Mahwah-aha-aha

Effort underway to look at "outsourcing" already. Not from a project perspective (which didn't go well in the past), but from an organization / function perspective. One of the CRA App Mgrs is looking into the first aspect of this (not too quietly by the way).

P

Pro sourcing

Pro Sourcing

Why not get rid of Ramsey500 as part of sourcing...One less headache !!!!

R

Ramsey batman

---------------------
Singapore is not China and DS has nothing to do with JW....People have lunch at the Cafe?
in 5 years you won't recognize IT.... Ramsey500 what happened to you, are you on vacation?

R

ramsey500

---------------------
Singapore is not China and DS has nothing to do with JW....People have lunch at the Cafe?
in 5 years you won't recognize IT.... Ramsey500 what happened to you, are you on vacation?

huh? what the heck are you talking about? u are not making much sense.

vacation, no---I go on vacation nxt week, why do u ask?

how bout we meet at the Cafe for lunch before I head to Disney nxt week? I will come dressed as Superman and show u what a real superhero looks like. And u can invite Robin too !

Deal?

B

batman Ramsey

huh? what the heck are you talking about? u are not making much sense.

vacation, no---I go on vacation nxt week, why do u ask?

how bout we meet at the Cafe for lunch before I head to Disney nxt week? I will come dressed as Superman and show u what a real superhero looks like. And u can invite Robin too !

Deal?

Ramsey500, you are such a "Joker". You are not out, I saw you today.Batman always wins

R

ramsey500

Ramsey500, you are such a "Joker". You are not out, I saw you today.Batman always wins

Dear Bruce Wayne--you most certainly have me confused with someone else; perhaps the Riddler?

Did you really see me at the Paramus mall doing some last minute clothes shopping for Disney?

Heed my words, "I am not who you think I am".

R

Ramseyless

Please go back to the BATCAVE and seal it !!!!!

Commissioner Gordon and Chie Oharra have taken control of Gotham

Signed,
Alfred the butler