Legal Marijuana in CO and WA on Jan 1

Johney

It's quite possible they don't care or they don't want to have to pay for the test's. I was told that each test cost's around $700. Again this is second hand info. That would add up if they tested every employee even just drivers.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
If you perform/behave soberly, why would you be tested and concerned? If you're under the influence and behaving impaired, then friend' you! I don't want you working next to me or on my streets as a hazard to everyone. If you're really concerned, be the precedent and post your experience here.

BrownChoice

Read the whole Article.

You are trying to take one sentence.... and apply it to what you want it to mean.

Rookie mistake.

-Bug-

No. I have read the whole article. A driver can take a controlled substance. Only if prescribed by an medical provider. You want me to admit im wrong? About what?

Ive read the whole contract. A lot of it two or three times.

Keep jumping to whatever conclusion you want to.

I also agree, dont drive or work if impaired.

cb1969

The same policies...just because a state makes something legal (remember it is still illegal at Federal level) doesn't mean a company as to change their policies. Just like when an employee gets a second DWI they are gone...if you want to smoke go for it...just understand its a job and a company does not have to employ u...

cb1969

Since when did this thread become exclusive to DOT and drivers? Other than your commentary, of course. ;)

Again, alcohol tobacco and marijuana will be legal in these states. I didn't read within OP's post, questions about driving a commercial vehicle for UPS.

If you get a second DWI will fire you driver. The largest part of the contract concerns alcohol and drugs. You can hurt a co-worker inside the building just as you can driving

cb1969

People are so funny and stupid about weed its ridiculous. All these people that say all this nerdball bs about weed have never smoked up before. Im tired of hearing it from all these nerdballs that know nothing about it. If you have a cdl you shouldnt smoke period. And you shouldnt come to work high and drive a package car. If you want to blaze up outside of work well so be it. Its the same if you want to drink after work. The funny thing is that its actually safer to smoke and do things than it is to drink and do things. The government knows how much money legalizing it would bring into the US economy. The legalizing of 1 so called drug would fix the economy? Dont laugh about it cause it could very well happen in reality.

I agree with tax on pot helping the economy of course that makes it a lot more expensive...but...the first part of your comment is total weed logic...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You want me to admit im wrong? About what?

Ive read the whole contract. A lot of it two or three times.

Again, you are tying to take one sentence.... out of context.

The section you are "lifting" it from.... Article 35 Section 3.17....

Are part of the responsibilities of the MRO (Medical Review Officer).

Which is preceded, by the language relating to a positive drug test.

Context, in this area.... matters.

I am glad, you have read the whole contract 2 or 3 times.

But, making a "blanket" statement.... that taking controlled substances is OK.... is irresponsible.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Again, you are tying to take one sentence.... out of context.

The section you are "lifting" it from.... Article 35 Section 3.17....

Are part of the responsibilities of the MRO (Medical Review Officer).

Which is preceded, by the language relating to a positive drug test.

Context, in this area.... matters.

I am glad, you have read the whole contract 2 or 3 times.

But, making a "blanket" statement.... that taking controlled substances is OK.... is irresponsible.

-Bug-

Being a moderator has its privileges. And I can guess who it is.

Lame attempt...

Good thing.... I take screen shots of what I post.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you get a second DWI will fire you driver. The largest part of the contract concerns alcohol and drugs. You can hurt a co-worker inside the building just as you can driving
Maybe you missed the newsflash, this thread wasn't based upon drunk and high people going to work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Being a moderator has its privileges. And I can guess who it is.

Lame attempt...

Good thing.... I take screen shots of what I post.

Your post has not been changed or modified by anyone.

It would appear your spelling is lame.

I also don't think "trying" is on the censor list.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yoda.jpg

Returntosender

Pot Prices Double as Colorado Begins Recreational Sales

Customers were charged $45 for an eighth of an ounce of recreational pot, compared with $25 for an identical amount that he sells for medical purposes, said Andy Williams, the president and chief executive officer.

“They’re not used to coming into a facility and paying $25 an eighth, so when they come in, it’s just whatever the price is,” Williams, 45, said by telephone. “Having the ability to buy safe, reliable, quality marijuana in an environment that’s fun and exciting sure beats going in a back alley and saying, ‘Hey buddy, you got a bag?’”

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=BLOOM&date=20140106&id=17233513

MAKAVELI

Pot Prices Double as Colorado Begins Recreational Sales

Customers were charged $45 for an eighth of an ounce of recreational pot, compared with $25 for an identical amount that he sells for medical purposes, said Andy Williams, the president and chief executive officer.

“They’re not used to coming into a facility and paying $25 an eighth, so when they come in, it’s just whatever the price is,” Williams, 45, said by telephone. “Having the ability to buy safe, reliable, quality marijuana in an environment that’s fun and exciting sure beats going in a back alley and saying, ‘Hey buddy, you got a bag?’”

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=BLOOM&date=20140106&id=17233513
I have never known anyone to go into a back alley to buy weed. It's not meth or heroin. Everybody knows someone who sells or knows where to get it. As far as being safe I would guess it's the same :censored2: that the 17 year old is selling in the restroom at high school. Lets put it this way. If you got $ 50 in your pocket to get high and food. Where do you think you're going to get your weed?

oldngray

nowhere special
I have never known anyone to go into a back alley to buy weed. It's not meth or heroin. Everybody knows someone who sells or knows where to get it. As far as being safe I would guess it's the same :censored2: that the 17 year old is selling in the restroom at high school. Lets put it this way. If you got $ 50 in your pocket to get high and food. Where do you think you're going to get your weed?

I agree. Those states dream of all the money they will make in tax revenue but after the initial surge it will quickly fade away.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I agree. Those states dream of all the money they will make in tax revenue but after the initial surge it will quickly fade away.
Maybe but think of all the money saved not trying to police these people, putting them through the court system and housing them in prison.