Lng

FAVREFAN

UPS has been using LNG for many years in the west/southwest. Literally millions of miles of testing/trials. Tens of thousands of refuelings. Its just new at CACH now. Proven safe technology. Time and time again by UPS and many other companies.

gorilla75jdw

Does it take any longer to refuel those vs filling diesel tanks?
YES , it takes upwards of an extra 5 minutes to refuel vs. a regular diesel tractor . At our Whites Creek Tennessee facility we have been operating LNG'S since October 2013 and have had lots of on road breakdowns , you will to , just be ready . The gauges for fuel on these tractors rarely work effectively if at all .

QKRSTKR

YES , it takes upwards of an extra 5 minutes to refuel vs. a regular diesel tractor . At our Whites Creek Tennessee facility we have been operating LNG'S since October 2013 and have had lots of on road breakdowns , you will to , just be ready . The gauges for fuel on these tractors rarely work effectively if at all .
Right. And no way to pretrip fuel is full with these. Gauge is all you will have to go by. No more screwing open cap on tank and seeing it full of diesel.

trickpony1

SCUBA tanks are required to be hydrostatically tested periodically to determine worthiness. How often are the tanks on the new rocket launchers...oops.....I mean tractors required to be "hydrostat" tested. I guess we'll wait until the first explosion to find out.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
IMG_5228.jpg

(Photo: Business Wire)

oldupsman

UPS has been using LNG for many years in the west/southwest. Literally millions of miles of testing/trials. Tens of thousands of refuelings. Its just new at CACH now. Proven safe technology. Time and time again by UPS and many other companies.

Tanks are being built at the Willow Grove hub in Horsham Pa. I've been told all new tractors will be LNG.