Local 177 November 6th General meeting

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Look, I get the conflict with changing the system, as somebody will certainly end up with less.

What it comes down to for me is making it fair for the "majority", and I haven't heard anybody reasonably explain why my 23 years of humping bundles should not count for anything if I bid into another full time classification?

Because "it's always been this way", or because "we have a decision from 1979" doesn't mean we are tied to that notion, does it?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Look, I get the conflict with changing the system, as somebody will certainly end up with less.

What it comes down to for me is making it fair for the "majority", and I haven't heard anybody reasonably explain why my 23 years of humping bundles should not count for anything if I bid into another full time classification?

Because "it's always been this way", or because "we have a decision from 1979" doesn't mean we are tied to that notion, does it?
While I don't like change myself.....my main problem is time and time again they stand up and state their piece at the meetings in front of the membership and the membership doesn't want it......ask east coast if the 3 guys who showed up at the meeting felt that the members welcomed their ideas for the senoirity change......funny thing is at the end of the meeting 1 of the 3 guys won the raffle and everyone was booing him

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
While I don't like change myself.....my main problem is time and time again they stand up and state their piece at the meetings in front of the membership and the membership doesn't want it......ask east coast if the 3 guys who showed up at the meeting felt that the members welcomed their ideas for the senoirity change......funny thing is at the end of the meeting 1 of the 3 guys won the raffle and everyone was booing him
Are you a member of this Local?

A man asked a question "How many package guys that are in package now raise you hand"... 20 guys raised their hands... The room went died silent... They want this... They were telling us in the parking lot... They don't h e to say it at a meeting... The proposals and the vote will really show you how many members do want it!

It's an open floor for all members to speak......but these 3 guys come to every meeting and say the same thing at every meeting with no support from the majority of the membership......it gets tiring to hear the same story with no plan at every meeting from them.......they have a handful of members that are looking for change in this part of the contract and the majority wants it to stay the same
I guess we will see.. If you post the opposing sides proposals... I might sign it if it's a good one.. If so I can be # 49

So let me get this straight mike....in your mind you heard the majority of the members at that meeting wanted what you guys were looking for or did you hear everyone there was against what you wanted.......ill tell you the reality......there were 3 or 4 guys at the meeting that agreed with you and 150 that disagreed with you.......10 guys spoke out against what you wanted including a 50 year 177 teamster.......also you guys sent out a text message to get a big turnout for the meeting......again nobody showed just you terry and mike.......I give ab credit for even entertaining you guys
Once again you only had half the room... The half was calm because they were better men and women... They don't need to yell and scream to get what they want... When you giys cheered and laughed you only got half the room... The same as it was in the May meeting...

Inthegame

A man asked a question "How many package guys that are in package now raise your hand"... 20 guys raised their hands... The room went dead silent... They want this... They were telling us in the parking lot... They don't have to say it at a meeting... The proposals and the vote will really show you how many members do want it!
All fixed, don't want to upset Bubble...

Lol. I was at the meeting.. You know, the meeting you were not at because you are not in local 177...
You will see don't worry you are not in this local anyway so it doesn't affect you...
Are you a member of this Local?
Don't ask... He is.
What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

A man asked a question "How many package guys that are in package now raise you hand"... 20 guys raised their hands... The room went died silent... They want this... They were telling us in the parking lot... They don't h e to say it at a meeting... The proposals and the vote will really show you how many members do want it!
What vote? Are you talking about the 177 supplement?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lol. I was at the meeting.. You know, the meetimg you were not at because you are not in local 177...

That 11 year guy not only had balls, he knew all the answers the street guys had... Half the street guys didn't know what they were talking about.. Even the VP of the local didn't say much after the 11 year guy gave the answers... He only said you have 11 years and if this happened before you would not be in package... Really!! I've talked to alot of package drivers and it's the 1 to 15 year majority of drivers that want this.. The 20 year plus majority are staying in package or going porter or clerk... Let it go... It's going to happen and it's good for everyone...
If people think that an influx of 20+ year drivers are now going to jump into feeder then folks are off base... Wouldn't happen..tired of these old timers whining...

It's a joke one list guys totally unprepared again......it was almost comical that an11 year driver was their spokesman today and he probably wouldn't even be in feeders if there was one list.....again the membership at the meeting was against one list as the people that proposed it were shouted down......I think it's time you guys stop this one list nonsense and let the local focus on real things that the membership is looking for at contract time
Are you proposing anything to change in local 177s contract?

ManInBrown

I got this from a feeder steward per AB. There is no way it's happening for just feeder transfers. It's for everything, or nothing. And the company will want something HUGE in return. Start with giving back our option week and go from there. I'm completely against it. The petition has a few hundred sigs from 9000 members or however many we have in the 177. It's DOA

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I got this from a feeder steward per AB. There is no way it's happening for just feeder transfers. It's for everything, or nothing. And the company will want something HUGE in return. Start with giving back our option week and go from there. I'm completely against it. The petition has a few hundred sigs from 9000 members or however many we have in the 177. It's DOA
What's funny is the guys that came from package that think ups aren't scumbags that they would just give us something for nothing out of the kindness of there heart......that alone makes me laugh

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Are you proposing anything to change in local 177s contract?
I'm with the majority of package car drivers that working conditions is the most important issue......dishonesty language harrassment language and 9.5 language all need adjustments........Tuesday-Saturday they are gonna need to discuss......you know all the reasons the long term package guys that got scared and went to feeders for