Local 177 November 6th General meeting

I got this from a feeder steward per AB. There is no way it's happening for just feeder transfers. It's for everything, or nothing. And the company will want something HUGE in return. Start with giving back our option week and go from there. I'm completely against it. The petition has a few hundred sigs from 9000 members or however many we have in the 177. It's DOA
Well I talk to a feeder and package stew and they said if a crap load of proposals come to the table, it is going to happen... Or at least come to a vote. The fact that you are saying classification seniority is good is the most out outlandish thing I ever heard... When you come to feeders you will see that you would have to be a idiot to give up all your years that you have earned.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Well I talk to a feeder and package stew and they said if a crap load of proposals come to the table, it is going to happen... Or at least come to a vote. The fact that you are saying classification seniority is good is the most out outlandish thing I ever heard... When you come to feeders you will see that you would have to be a idiot to give up all your years that you have earned.
All I'm saying is that there are major issues to discuss in this contract......seniority change is not in the top 10

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

There will always be issues... That's the price you pay to be in a union... The way you are talking, you might as well tell the company to not let us have seniority at all... Seniority is all we got.
We have seniority.....seniority change is not a top 10 issue.....do you believe that this seniority issue is a big deal to package drivers,part timers,clerks,porters or feeder drivers who have been in feeders for 10-15 years?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Well. You are not talking to all of them. I also bet you are not telling them the whole story like the feeder street guys are doing.
What is the whole story? What's so hard to explain you want to retain your seniority after transfer? What you don't want is to rebid on classification....you want everyone to be locked in to the classification they are in currently

rama'nfeeders

The only way I would consider a change is it to be redlined. The employees who were hired with classification seniority should not have it changed in the middle of there employment.

The only way I would consider a change is it to be redlined. The employees who were hired with classification seniority should not have it changed in the middle of there employment.
Redline won't work. To many members involved that don't want that... Try to tell someone they should have their seniority taking from them.

rama'nfeeders

See your statement just proves that people only want change to better themselves. They aren't true Union members. It's what's best for entire membership not just for a few hundred drivers to jump up a list.

See your statement just proves that people only want change to better themselves. They aren't true Union members. It's what's best for entire membership not just for a few hundred drivers to jump up a list.
Give me a break! I didn't give up my seniority! It was taking from me because a small group of street guys think it's ok to do it and a larger group was scared to speak up for so many years until now... Do you like it when you pick your vacations based on your Fulltime seniority? Senior members would be working in the hub during a layoffs...If it were up to them they would take that from you too... It's not right and you know it.

rama'nfeeders

When you change your craft you start ar the bottom. Can I go into Automotive and if I am senior I would go to the top of the seniority list there as well with what you see proposing?

rama'nfeeders

This comes up every 5 years. No one took your seniority this is system we have been before many of us were even born. One question to all of you one listers.... When the company asks for something in return....what are you willing to give away. I want to hear from ECN and please don't say why would they ask for anything. Remember this is the company who didn't want to administrate our benefits last contract. We almost went into our substandard Health Care Plan because of the greedy pigs in Atlanta, GA!

This comes up every 5 years. No one took your seniority this is system we have been before many of us were even born. One question to all of you one listers.... When the company asks for something in return....what are you willing to give away. I want to hear from ECN and please don't say why would they ask for anything. Remember this is the company who didn't want to administrate our benefits last contract. We almost went into our substandard Health Care Plan because of the greedy pigs in Atlanta, GA!
This went from it will never happen to this shouldn't happen unless it's a redline... Now you are saying the company wants something... You will say anything to make this not happen... Sorry, not buying it.

Indecisi0n

All the package guys and part timers I talk to are against it in 177
Not me. Oh and not the hundreds of signatures they got to bring it up for discussion with the union.

I still find it hard to believe that a guy that works 15 years in preload to package car and then transfer to feeders can be bumped by an off the street hire with less than a year of service with the company. Sorry no matter which way you slice it, it shouldn't be like this.